SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke, UND-Princeton should have been in Worcester and Miami-Air Force should have been in Madison. What a terrible job by the committee! The pairings were looking good after two regions.

I, for one, am quite disappointed that I won't get to enjoy the Sioux (and their fans) in Worcester. Maybe in 2 years.

Conversely, bad karma for the Gophers... they get stuck in a regional with Air Force, hosted by Holy Cross.

Playing in the Kohl Center doesn't scare me at all either. Michigan does have the easiest bracket, but they're also the No. 1 overall seed, so what did you expect? This isn't college football where what bowl game you get sent to determines who wins it all. You want the title, win 4 straight and it's yours. Recently when we've lost, it's usually because we beat ourselves with undisciplined blueline play and a lack of scoring. If we play like we're capable of, we should come out of our region. If we have lapses and take extended periods of the game off like we did against Denver Friday, then we probably won't win the title, nor should we.

The talking heads have Picked DU to get out of the Midwest regional.

Fantastic. Norton is the kiss of death. Sioux getting no respect. Time to put the chip on the shoulder and play some North Dakota hockey. One game at a time. Can't wait for this weekend.

Who is your pick for the Hobey Baker? "my 1, 2, 3 picks are Porter Porter Porter.......he is clearly the best player in the country"

too bad for him its not all about how well you play.....

porter has the hobey wrapped up unless phil drops 2 shutouts in madison then he can put some heat on but thats about it.

time to beat princeton and if denver gets by uw then get that denver post season monkey off our back. time to pay DU back for a handfull of postseason losses over the last 3-4 years

They're also a little too high on Michigan St. They had a great run last year, to expect them to beat CC in their own rink, then turn around and beat a strong NH team might be a lot to ask. It's certainly not impossible, but I wouldn't put my money on it. Both the "experts" were a little too high on conference tourney winners if you ask me.

No reason to complain. A trip to Madison is alright with us!!

Sioux can, and will, beat anyone, anywhere, anytime. Including in The Kohl Center.

We could care less about anyone else . . . .

This is a Saturday - Sunday Regional.

I totally agree NDH. This team is on a mission.

CC was the first team to find that out. There will be four more.

Bring 'em on... :wink:

Fantastic. Norton is the kiss of death. Sioux getting no respect. Time to put the chip on the shoulder and play some North Dakota hockey. One game at a time. Can't wait for this weekend.

yeah i nkow he was talkin about how he had people specifically asking him to vote them as underdogs haha. hillarious.

porter has the hobey wrapped up unless phil drops 2 shutouts in madison then he can put some heat on but thats about it.

Lammy could do it. I forsee one against princeton. not sure after that. but what amazes me is Lammy continues to dominate games, giving up few goals, regardless of what the rest of the team does, then last week porter goes out and only gets 1g, 1a in a weekend where his team scores 12 goals. and yet...porter is still a huge favorite. if lammy didnt move closer in alot of people's minds, at least with how his play has been so consistent, then something is wrong. in addition, remember how last season's voting went. strong favorite didnt win it. could happen again. oshie wont make the hat trick, no matter how well he plays now. but lammy will be in there, and hopefully will come out again on top.

They're also a little too high on Michigan St. They had a great run last year, to expect them to beat CC in their own rink, then turn around and beat a strong NH team might be a lot to ask. It's certainly not impossible, but I wouldn't put my money on it. Both the "experts" were a little too high on conference tourney winners if you ask me.

yeah i was wonderin WTF on all the MSU hype. its not like they were amazing this year or anything.

yeah i nkow he was talkin about how he had people specifically asking him to vote them as underdogs haha. hillarious.

Lammy could do it. I forsee one against princeton. not sure after that.

but thats just to put heat on porter as there isnt much of that right now. its porters to lose

bob norton is such a pile of crap. porter is a favorite, but its not that clear. and obviously no love for UND. DU has been playing good hockey, but i dont see how they can make it past 2 good wcha teams.

btw norton picked john curry(bu of course!) goepfert, and brown as hobey favorites last year. that guy is a moron.

As predicted, Wisco in totally screwed up bracket integrity, although they managed to keep it in the W and NE.

Unreal that Wisco was literally 2 seconds from elimination (and Mankato 2 secs from being in) when Miami scored to tie ND in the semis with the goalie pulled.

Two CCHA teams will be gone in the first round at the World Arena; no way Notre Dame and Mich St. can competer on the large ice surface against UNH and CC.

And, although I think Mich will make the FF, SCSU never had a better chance to win a game (Clarkson) and make the FF. Kangas will have a tough time keeping BC off the board, but, if he does, MN with a good chance to make the FF also.

but thats just to put heat on porter as there isnt much of that right now. its porters to lose

I added this to the original post...

but what amazes me is Lammy continues to dominate games, giving up few goals, regardless of what the rest of the team does, then last week porter goes out and only gets 1g, 1a in a weekend where his team scores 12 goals. and yet...porter is still a huge favorite. if lammy didnt move closer in alot of people's minds, at least with how his play has been so consistent, then something is wrong. in addition, remember how last season's voting went. strong favorite didnt win it. could happen again. oshie wont make the hat trick, no matter how well he plays now. but lammy will be in there, and hopefully will come out again on top.

bob norton is such a pile of crap. porter is a favorite, but its not that clear. and obviously no love for UND. DU has been playing good hockey, but i dont see how they can make it past 2 good wcha teams.

btw norton picked john curry(bu of course!) goepfert, and brown as hobey favorites last year. that guy is a moron.

he has given the sioux props in the last couple years and probably said heck, they have been there 3 times in a row with no title so ill go a different route :wink: hes a former UNH coach, of course hes gona go east with his thoughts, who doesnt on espn :D

you have to take that 30 minute show with a grain of salt and personally i wouldnt care much about whats said as its the only thing espn2 shows of college hockey all year up to the frozen 4. we could host a better show ;)

He should call his son more often. Cause his son seems to know more about college hockey than he does. :D

Is Bob Norton like the Doug Woog of the east?? :wink:

Is Bob Norton like the Doug Woog of the east?

That would be an insult to Woog - he knows something about hockey.

I added this to the original post...

but what amazes me is Lammy continues to dominate games, giving up few goals, regardless of what the rest of the team does, then last week porter goes out and only gets 1g, 1a in a weekend where his team scores 12 goals. and yet...porter is still a huge favorite. if lammy didnt move closer in alot of people's minds, at least with how his play has been so consistent, then something is wrong. in addition, remember how last season's voting went. strong favorite didnt win it. could happen again. oshie wont make the hat trick, no matter how well he plays now. but lammy will be in there, and hopefully will come out again on top.

we all know oshie is the best player in the nation but its not happening for osh. its so hard for a goalie to win the hobey. just is. look at the history. you need unbelievable numbers to win the hobey all around and the sioux were a .500 team at the beginning so that hurts phil. goalies just dont win the award often and when they do its a amazing thing. it would be sweet if he made the hattrick which is very possible but the big picture is beating princeton. make a statement and whoop these guys up!

Looks like the Midwest Regional games will not be live until the Regional Championship per ESPNU.com:

Sun., March 30 Men's ice hockey

NCAA Midwest Regional #1 2:30 p.m.

(TD) ESPNU/

ESPN360.com

NCAA Midwest Regional #2 2:30 p.m.

(TD) ESPNU/

ESPN360.com

NCAA Midwest Regional final 7 p.m. ESPNU

Anyone have any idea how to get the game live other than actually going to the game??