SiouxSports.com Forum

Some Sign Ideas!?!

SiouxFan_InBeaverLand

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that gets me, is that it seems that so many Gopher fans do not know that the Final 5 isn't the last weekend of hockey.

It's funny you should mention that because it was a story of mine at the Hoggsbreath on Saturday. Last year, one of the hockey dads saw me a week after the Minny win at the Final Five and mentioned that he was surprised I was wearing my Sioux gear and how I must've gotten over the heartbreaking loss at the Final Five! After some discussion, it was determined that he had no idea that the NCAA tournament was still being played. WOW.

You're the one, I was sharing a similar tale with Siouxmama at the game and she mentioned that story. It is unbelievable that people don't understand it. I guess not as many fan bases are as educated and devoted (read: obsessive) about college hockey as we Sioux Fans.

It's funny you should mention that because it was a story of mine at the Hoggsbreath on Saturday. Last year, one of the hockey dads saw me a week after the Minny win at the Final Five and mentioned that he was surprised I was wearing my Sioux gear and how I must've gotten over the heartbreaking loss at the Final Five! After some discussion, it was determined that he had no idea that the NCAA tournament was still being played. WOW.

Seems to me there was a different outcome in the Sioux-Gophers game in the Regional Final last year...thank you Chris Porter. I know we didn't win the whole thing, but beating the Gophers in that game was great.

I remember that story. Was just telling that to someone last week.

You're the one, I was sharing a similar tale with Siouxmama at the game and she mentioned that story. It is unbelievable that people don't understand it. I guess not as many fan bases are as educated and devoted (read: obsessive) about college hockey as we Sioux Fans.

That was me!

One of the two friends with me at the Hoggsbreath is a Gopher fan. He and his wife made their first-ever trip to Grand Forks and he did mention that Sioux fans sitting around him really knew their hockey. He also mentioned how nice it was to walk across the bridge from Grand Forks to East Grand Forks and re-enter smoke-free Whiteys. :silly:

I've been working on some ideas for signs after I woke up from a dream in which the Sunday sports page had the following screamer headline: "Oshie Elevates Game; Pisses All Over Princeton"

Here's a few:

"North Dakota 4-cast:

Kohl'd in March

Frozen in April"

"Hop on the Handlebars:

Ride the 'Stache to Denver" *

after win on Sunday:

"Sioux Join

Mile-High Club"

or

" Sioux Win 'Kohl War' "

* Thanx Big for the inspiration

I've been working on some ideas for signs after I woke up from a dream in which the Sunday sports page had the following screamer headline: "Oshie Elevates Game; Pisses All Over Princeton"

Here's a few:

"North Dakota 4-cast:

Kohl'd in March

Frozen in April"

"Hop on the Handlebars:

Ride the 'Stache to Denver"

after win on Sunday:

"Sioux Join

Mile-High Club"

or

" Sioux Win 'Kohl War' "

styx.jpg

"...Too much time on my hands...it's tickin' away with my sanity..."

Here's a few:

"North Dakota 4-cast:

Kohl'd in March

Frozen in April"

"Hop on the Handlebars:

after win on Sunday:

"Sioux Join

Mile-High Club"

or

" Sioux Win 'Kohl War' "

You are definitely the WOOMAN!!

Here's a few:

"North Dakota 4-cast:

Kohl'd in March

Frozen in April"

"Hop on the Handlebars:

after win on Sunday:

"Sioux Join

Mile-High Club"

or

" Sioux Win 'Kohl War' "