SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA FINAL 5 TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok people, don't get mad, this has probably been answered a hundred times on many different threads but I am to lazy to search through all the posts on my phone (I am unable to get internet on my computer atm so I'm forced to use my phone) so ill just ask here....

Is there any internet feeds for the final five this weekend and for that matter is there any for the regionals wherever the sioux endup. (I will have internet feed on my computer as of the day after tomorrow)

i think genoway is way to important on that blueline the way he rushes the puck up and makes his decisions. damn hes good!! 1st team wcha if i picked!!

I agree. I was so impressed with Genoway this past weekend. He reminds me of Paul Coffey when he played with the Edmonton Oilers. Such a great skater. I would be the first one to admit I miss having the big D men of the past few years puttiing the hurt on guys but Genoway skating the puck up ice and gaining the offensive zone instead of dumping it in is so valuable. Aren't some of the incoming defensive recruits bigger. Ben Blood?

Anyone notice Finley up in front of the net on the PP last night? Reminds me of when they had Smaby do that in the Regional in '06. I believe Smaby scored a PP garbage goal. Something to keep an eye on this weekend with Joe. Obviously, the goalie's not going to be able to see around the guy.

Noticed that too, but didn't get to watch enough to see if they did this consistently. It's an interesting twist.

Play in: St Cloud 3 UMN-Tc 1

Friday afternoon: SIOUX 3 Denver 2

Friday night: CC 3 St Cloud 1

Championship: SIOUX 2 CC 1

Third Place: (who cares? right Donny Lucifer) CC 4 St Cloud 2

CC plays two games in one day - boy they ARE good ;) (reminds me of squirt tourneys - playing 2-3 games in one day)

I like the matchup against denver! CC 2 and UND 3 in the championship game. Go Sioux! Going to leave grand forks at 2 on Thursday and go straight to the Rink. Cant wait!

Hey DJ...not sure if you've been to the final 5 before....or if maybe you don't care if you are late for the play in game, but if you leave G.F at 2pm, don't expect to get their on time for the puck drop.

I've been going for 6 years now and if you leave at 2, expect to hit traffic and be late for the game.

Unless of course you go like 80-85 the whole way..lol...I usually go 75 in the 70 that's I-94.

Just trying to help ya a bit.

For those coming from Grand Forks or points north, I would stay off of I-94 once you hit the Cities. Take I-94 from Moorhead to the I-694/494 split. Stay on 694 East to I-35E. Take I-35E south right into downtown Saint Paul. You will be coming in on the eastern side of the arena, where there will be ample parking and little traffic. You can walk to the arena faster than you can sit in traffic trying to worm your way into a ramp near the arena.

Remember, it is I-35E, NOT I-35W that you want. If you go south on I-35W by mistake, simply take that to Highway 36 East exit. Take Hwy 36 East about five miles to I-35E. There, go south, right on into Saint Paul.

The folks who attempt to ride in on I-94 around rush hour time may as well kiss their asses goodbye to being in the seats by the time that the puck drops.

My two cents. I am in the know. I know. Trust me.

For those coming from Grand Forks or points north, I would stay off of I-94 once you hit the Cities. Take I-94 from Moorhead to the I-694/494 split. Stay on 694 East to I-35E. Take I-35E south right into downtown Saint Paul. You will be coming in on the eastern side of the arena, where there will be ample parking and little traffic. You can walk to the arena faster than you can sit in traffic trying to worm your way into a ramp near the arena.

Remember, it is I-35E, NOT I-35W that you want. If you go south on I-35W by mistake, simply take that to Highway 36 East exit. Take Hwy 36 East about five miles to I-35E. There, go south, right on into Saint Paul.

The folks who attempt to ride in on I-94 around rush hour time may as well kiss their asses goodbye to being in the seats by the time that the puck drops.

I do.

Avoid the 694/35 E south interchange..it backs up BIG time. Its spring break at most metro schools, I wouldn't anticipate terrible traffic. I would suggest taking 35W to 36 East to 35E south..you will save 15-20 minutes if there is traffic.

Trust me, I live here ;)

I'm surprised it hasn't already been asked in this thread (perhaps there is another one that I was not patient enough to find) but where is everyone sitting?!? Do you have the same seats for all games, are you going to all games, or do you plan to buy tickets outside?