SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

This girl is a die hard hockey fan. I don't know her personally but I do admire what she's done for her hockey program. Coming on here just to insult people is WRONG!

I'm sure there are more people you can insult somewhere else when you're done with your GQ photo shoot.

For the record I'm an ankle and elbow model. Relax!!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amusing that someone takes a pot shot at another person and then, when called on it, says "relax."

Seriously, I can understand taking pot shots at opposing teams, players, and coaches...maybe even schools. But singling out a single fan whose heart is worn on her sleeve every time she goes to the game is rather heartless.

I do not doubt you act in jest, Oxbow, but the joke is only being laughed at by you and one other poster. I'm not sure that the rest of us find it as amusing in the slightest.

Lighten up people! Just taking a playful shot at a fan of the opposing team. It is not like I spewed sewage that goes on over at USCHO. Don't know her and don't need to, but let me assure you the crack was made in jest. Apologies to her and some others who apparently have their panties in a bundle over this.

geez, is there really a need for personal remarks like that? pretty harsh and uncalled for. wow. shes a very cool fan, just having fun and supporting tech. hell shes the #1 fan without a doubt and knows her team sucks but has fun. sioux play like pioux is pretty harmless stuff :D

This MeanEgirl person was right above me with her "Sioux play like Pioux" sign. That chick needs a new look!! She looked like a cross between Betty Ugly (minus the glasses) and Charlie Chaplin with that pathetic hat she had on!! Long trip for her to see 2 beat downs!!

1) It's Ugly Betty.

2) I left the glasses at home. :D I'll bring them next time I come to Grand Forks.

3) My hat is sexy and you're just jealous.

4) I've taken this long trip at least 5 times to see beat downs... although they actually one a pair a couple of years ago... :D

5) It's no longer "Sioux play like Pioux"... but now "We (MTU) play like pee" ... but since I don't want to make a new sign, I'll just have use the existing Sioux play like Pioux sign. ;)

I'll be sure to let her know of your opinions tonight and she won't give a crap what you guys think. She likes the sioux she just is a die hard tech fan.

The Sioux are my post-season team.

I've only seen pictures of her but I think she's cute. She looks like she would be a quirky and fun person :angry:

Quirky is right!

1) It's Ugly Betty.

2) I left the glasses at home. :angry: I'll bring them next time I come to Grand Forks.

4) I've taken this long trip at least 5 times to see beat downs... although they actually one a pair a couple of years ago... :D

5) It's no longer "Sioux play like Pioux"... but now "We (MTU) play like pee" ... but since I don't want to make a new sign, I'll just have use the existing Sioux play like Pioux sign. :)

Quirky is right!

:D

its awesome the sioux are your post season team when the techies are out. sport that jersey ;)

geez, is there really a need for personal remarks like that? pretty harsh and uncalled for. wow. shes a very cool fan, just having fun and supporting tech. hell shes the #1 fan without a doubt and knows her team sucks but has fun. sioux play like pioux is pretty harmless stuff :D

Pretty funny how some people are quick to throw pot shots at other fans, but one guy says Brett Favre is over-rated...

1) It's Ugly Betty.

2) I left the glasses at home. :angry: I'll bring them next time I come to Grand Forks.

4) I've taken this long trip at least 5 times to see beat downs... although they actually one a pair a couple of years ago...

Quirky is right!

I'm have been Imus-ed! :D I would come up tonight and apologize but heading south for a week of golf later tonight. And since Redwing is now the father figure around here ;) now that PCM left, I'll take my chastising like a man and mandate a 1 week self-imposed banishment from the SS site. Again was nothing personal. I'm sorry. :D

Tech in 3!!

Addendum: Ban begins when I head to airport to I can follow some of the game here.

1) It's Ugly Betty.

2) I left the glasses at home. ;) I'll bring them next time I come to Grand Forks.

4) I've taken this long trip at least 5 times to see beat downs... although they actually one a pair a couple of years ago...

5) It's no longer "Sioux play like Pioux"... but now "We (MTU) play like pee" ... but since I don't want to make a new sign, I'll just have use the existing Sioux play like Pioux sign. :angry:

Quirky is right!

MeanEgirl,

I hope you can accept this Sioux fan's apology on behalf of many other Sioux fans for the idiotic personal characterization made by another poster here. :D You are a fantastic fan and it is awesome that you make the commitment, time and expense to come and support your team.

And Oxbow - You say that your comments are a joke and everyone should just "relax". Actually your comments are insulting and say much more about you than about all the others you insult. :D

I'm have been Imus-ed! :D I would come up tonight and apologize but heading south for a week of golf later tonight. And since Redwing is now the father figure around here :angry: now that PCM left, I'll take my chastising like a man and mandate a 1 week self-imposed banishment from the SS site. Again was nothing personal. I'm sorry. :D

Tech in 3!!

Addendum: Ban begins when I head to airport to I can follow some of the game here.

;) nice

where you golfing? az?

I've been to Michigan Tech once and I can honestly say to MeanEGirl that fans in Houghton are THE BEST! My son was two years old at the time and the person I spoke with regarding tickets got us seats right behind the Sioux bench. I spoke with many fans who were curious how far I had driven for the games, where I was from, etc. I even ran into some of the Husky players at Little Ceasar's after the game and they were very complimentary of the Sioux.

Just like I did when Alaska-Anchorage took the Final Five ice for the first time ever a few years ago, I stood up and applauded Michigan Tech's appearance last year at the Thursday play-in game. I was bummed they lost to clutch, grab, and hold your way to a 2-1 win Wisconsin Badger team, but it was nice to see the Huskies make it to the Final Five after a long absence.

I can't say I'm hoping for a return trip to St Paul this year for your Huskies, MeanEGirl, but I think things are looking up on da UP for your hockey team. Good luck!

There is no reason to apologize to this midget. She is most likely the biggest poser in the history of college hockey. She wouldn't know a puck if it hit her in the face and is just a Geoff Kinrade/Casey Borer/Charlie Kronscehable/Chris Conner/Dan Kronick/Drew Stafford/Drew Akins/Joe Finley/Matt Greene/Chris Clark jersey chaser. She is everything that is wrong with college hockey. She acts like she owns the world because she goes to hockey games. Sadly, she is just short little twerp who will never get to ride on a roller coaster because the safety bar would go over her head, much like everything goes over her head.

There is no reason to apologize to this midget. She is most likely the biggest poser in the history of college hockey. She wouldn't know a puck if it hit her in the face and is just a Geoff Kinrade/Casey Borer/Charlie Kronscehable/Chris Conner/Dan Kronick/Drew Stafford/Drew Akins/Joe Finley/Matt Greene/Chris Clark jersey chaser. She is everything that is wrong with college hockey. She acts like she owns the world because she goes to hockey games. Sadly, she is just short little twerp who will never get to ride on a roller coaster because the safety bar would go over her head, much like everything goes over her head.

Just admit it Diggler!! You LUUUUB MeanEgirl. Wearing that stripped Techie fan gitup was your way to prove that love!!! :D

so no action for the dirty last night, huh? :D

And since Redwing is now the father figure around here :D now that PCM left, I'll take my chastising like a man and mandate a 1 week self-imposed banishment from the SS site. Again was nothing personal. I'm sorry. :D

You just can't help taking swips at people. Only you and one other person thought you were saying anything in 'jest'. I guess the rest of us are 'father figures' when it comes to calling posters on that type of posting..

So...on the topic of hockey:

I was surprised to read in the Herald article that the coaches had been considering sliding Marto up to forward for quite some time. It definately says something about his work ethic and/or talent that the coaches want to find a way to get him in the lineup, whether or not it's at D.

I think everyone would like to see Radke in the lineup tonight for the sake of it being his last game at the ralph, but based on last night's game, who do you take out? I didn't see the game, so I don't know if any forward stuck out as being a little off. Maybe Radke sits tonight as well.

Geez, Diggler! Why not just come out and propose to her! Step up to the plate, man!

She's cute, she loves hockey, and she's immune to your witticism. She may be short, but then you can finally claim that someone "looks up" to you! :D

So...on the topic of hockey:

I was surprised to read in the Herald article that the coaches had been considering sliding Marto up to forward for quite some time. It definately says something about his work ethic and/or talent that the coaches want to find a way to get him in the lineup, whether or not it's at D.

I think everyone would like to see Radke in the lineup tonight for the sake of it being his last game at the ralph, but based on last night's game, who do you take out? I didn't see the game, so I don't know if any forward stuck out as being a little off. Maybe Radke sits tonight as well.

You don't take anyone out of last night's lineup. The Sioux played very well last night as a team, but especially that 4th line. They've been looking for someone to step up all year and they finally found someone to give them the energy they need. I agree it would be nice to see Radke on the ice one last time at the Ralph, but this team has a lot to play for. It's playoff time and seeding is crucial to this team. Playing Radke probably won't make a difference between winning and losing, but it might, so I don't think it's a chance worth taking. Radke's had 4 years to step up and bring what Marto brought to the ice last night. This isn't Little League anymore, it's Division 1 hockey. You're either good enough to play or not. Senior or not, right now, Radke's not good enough to play.

You don't take anyone out of last night's lineup. The Sioux played very well last night as a team, but especially that 4th line. They've been looking for someone to step up all year and they finally found someone to give them the energy they need. I agree it would be nice to see Radke on the ice one last time at the Ralph, but this team has a lot to play for. It's playoff time and seeding is crucial to this team. Playing Radke probably won't make a difference between winning and losing, but it might, so I don't think it's a chance worth taking. Radke's had 4 years to step up and bring what Marto brought to the ice last night. This isn't Little League anymore, it's Division 1 hockey. You're either good enough to play or not. Senior or not, right now, Radke's not good enough to play.

Uh.... gonna disagree with part of what you said. Radke's been SOLID since rejoining the lineup. I agree that it is difficult to take anyone out of the lineup at this time, but I doubt Radke is being kept out of it because he's not good enough to play. Health is a concern and if that's the case, so be it.

I guess we'll have to wait until game time to see what happens. I would not be surprised at all to see Radke in the lineup, but I wouldn't want to be Hakstol. Making this decision will be tough.

Uh.... gonna disagree with part of what you said. Radke's been SOLID since rejoining the lineup. I agree that it is difficult to take anyone out of the lineup at this time, but I doubt Radke is being kept out of it because he's not good enough to play. Health is a concern and if that's the case, so be it.

I guess we'll have to wait until game time to see what happens. I would not be surprised at all to see Radke in the lineup, but I wouldn't want to be Hakstol. Making this decision will be tough.

Ya, after rereading my post, I did sound a little hard on Radke. He's good enough to play college hockey on a lot of teams, but on this team, I don't see who you take out to put him in tonight. Either way, Oshie carries us to victory.

I've been to Michigan Tech once and I can honestly say to MeanEGirl that fans in Houghton are THE BEST! My son was two years old at the time and the person I spoke with regarding tickets got us seats right behind the Sioux bench. I spoke with many fans who were curious how far I had driven for the games, where I was from, etc. I even ran into some of the Husky players at Little Ceasar's after the game and they were very complimentary of the Sioux.

Just like I did when Alaska-Anchorage took the Final Five ice for the first time ever a few years ago, I stood up and applauded Michigan Tech's appearance last year at the Thursday play-in game. I was bummed they lost to clutch, grab, and hold your way to a 2-1 win Wisconsin Badger team, but it was nice to see the Huskies make it to the Final Five after a long absence.

I can't say I'm hoping for a return trip to St Paul this year for your Huskies, MeanEGirl, but I think things are looking up on da UP for your hockey team. Good luck!

My wife and I went up from Chicago to Houghton for this year's series, and Tech fans ARE awesome! We'll be going every year from here on out! MSU fans are a lot of fun to hang out with as well.

i think hak was a little concerned with the lack of offense the last few weeks so put marto in hoping to get a little more offensive than radke. will be intersting to see who plays tonight. in hak we trust :D