SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunatley I think that's what will be the ultimate downfall of this team. scoring 1-2 goals might get by the likes of bemidji, duluth and st. cloud but come cc, michigan, miami and denver that won't get it done.

Don't fret. This team has been unbeatable for the last 17 games. Considering the Osh wears green, I believe the scoring will be there when it matters.

Don't fret. This team has been unbeatable for the last 17 games. Considering the Osh wears green, I believe the scoring will be there when it matters.

i agree, things could be much much worse for the sioux at this point, we could be on the bubble fighting for our ncaa lives :D

I'm not sure about that last part. in 35 games this season the sioux have scored 4 or more goals 13 times, 0-2 goals 15 times and 3 goals 7 times so odds are we're more likely to see 0-2 goals versus anything else.

I'm not sure about that last part. in 35 games this season the sioux have scored 4 or more goals 13 times, 0-2 goals 15 times and 3 goals 7 times so odds are we're more likely to see 0-2 goals versus anything else.

we will see what happens. we have no idea how they will play vs tech or how may goals they score. lets enjoy the season and the nice run they are on and if they lose they lose and if they win they win. so if you think they cant win scoring 2-3 goals then im willing to bet they can with their defense and goaltending. just look at the whole season and look at goals against. those are very low as well so it can go either way. hell the 03-04 with parise and company could drop 5 any night of the week but what happened vs denver? we lose 1-0. it happens then you move into next season. either way its been a fun ass season and the sioux put a hell of a run together to climb back up into 2nd place in the wcha. cant wait for the playofs!!

It may have been in another thread but someone posted if it would be better if the Sioux lost one of the games to MTU to keep them a TUC.

On USCHO, someone posted a link to a PWR calculator - its very cool. You can run different scenarios - only bad is you have to enter results one by one.

Anyway - I ran this scenario: the Sioux win both games and there are no upsets in the other conf. MTU ends up 23 in RPI. Some teams out east are nipping their heals though - Quinnipiac, Providence, Cornell and Northeastern. They are all underdogs and if 2-3 win their series, MTU could drop as a TUC.

It would be great to have both MTU and NE as TUC.

http://www.slack.net/~whelan/tbrw/2008/rankings.diy.shtml

It may have been in another thread but someone posted if it would be better if the Sioux lost one of the games to MTU to keep them a TUC.

On USCHO, someone posted a link to a PWR calculator - its very cool. You can run different scenarios - only bad is you have to enter results one by one.

Anyway - I ran this scenario: the Sioux win both games and there are no upsets in the other conf. MTU ends up 23 in RPI. Some teams out east are nipping their heals though - Quinnipiac, Providence, Cornell and Northeastern. They are all underdogs and if 2-3 win their series, MTU could drop as a TUC.

It would be great to have both MTU and NE as TUC.

http://www.slack.net/~whelan/tbrw/2008/rankings.diy.shtml

nah, ill take a high 2 seed instead of losing a game to tech and we lose the miami comparison, miami will lose 1 or 2 games anyways so we will end up with a 1 seed :D i know what you mean though, if we lost a game to them keeping them as a tuc.

nah, ill take a high 2 seed instead of losing a game to tech and we lose the miami comparison, miami will lose 1 or 2 games anyways so we will end up with a 1 seed :D i know what you mean though, if we lost a game to them keeping them as a tuc.

They will probably stay a TUC even if we sweep them - that is the good news. There is no advantage for us dropping a game to them, which is the way it should be.

:D?:p?:huh:

OK:

4 + goals =13 times 3 goals= 7 times 0-2 goals=15 times.

So the ODDS of seeing 0-2 goals is 15/35=42.8%.

Other is 20/35=57.2%

Thats what you call fuzzy math... :D:lol:

:D?:p?:huh:

OK:

4 + goals =13 times 3 goals= 7 times 0-2 goals=15 times.

So the ODDS of seeing 0-2 goals is 15/35=42.8%.

Other is 20/35=57.2%

Thats what you call fuzzy math... :

But scoring is down league wide so I am not sure we fans need to worry too much. :lol::D

of course it is :D we will just win 2-1, 1-0 or 3-2 on the way to #8 :D sounds easy to me

Ugh, I am hoping we get some EZAC or CCHA refs that will call the hooking and holding and let the games open up a bit.

About the concern for the lack of scoring by the Sioux lately:

There used to be a large display board hanging in the Old Ralph's Sioux locker room. To paraphrase what it stated, it was something like this:

Concerning hockey games, teams really have control over just a few things going on out on the ice. They have difficulty in controlling the oppostition's hot goalie play, and they can't control the bounce of the puck, etc. But game in and game out they CAN control their defensive play (TEAM defense, forwards, defensemen, and goalie). It boils down to hard work and playing together within the system the team has been taught. This CAN be expected from game to game if the team members all follow through.

Going in to the playoffs, I think teams that are playing outstanding defense have a much better chance to win than that of a team that relies on consistently "outscoring" the opposition in "6-5 type games."

Sure, it'd be nice to have a 3 or 4 goal cushion, but in the playoffs, that just doesn't happen very often.

I feel a lot more confident in our Sioux team than I would in a lot of other teams right now. I just hope that Oshie and Genoway can rejoin their teammates for the post-season. I feel bad that Trupp is probably out for the remainder of the season, but it's playoffs now and some other guys must step in and perform!

In last year's championship game Michigan State had solid goaltending, strangled BC's offence and kept their mistakes to a minimum. Therefore, I am not worried about this Sioux team as I think they have exhibited these traits over the past couple of months and the extra goals aren't necessary.

The problem I see with the lack of scoring lately was evident in full view this past weekend, especially Sat. A 2-1 lead Sat. with minutes to go and one questionable call leads to a a tying PP goal. You put your season's outcome in peril if you have to wait for a bounce or a call--for or against--in a 1-0, 1-1 game. The Sioux didn't play great on Sat. but that should have been a W plain and simple.

Also everyone going to the games please wear white for the White Out Weekend. I do not know if it will get much publicity other than us students spreading the word, but please wear white to the games.

We all know that the turnout for this is going to be horrid. The last time, even papers were handed out at the game a weekend prior to the game of green/white weekend and the turnout was brutal. Over half of the attendence is there for a social experience and could care less. Unless 12,000 shirts are being handed out this is a lost cause. I just pray for 3 or more goals! :D

Not sure where to put this and I didn't want to start a new thread for it.........

Oshie will not play for the Blues when his season at the University of North Dakota ends, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Because Oshie is 21, the Blues would burn an entire season toward his rights if he played one NHL game this season. A more likely scenario would see him sign a professional tryout contract, finish the season in Peoria, and then sign with the Blues in the summer. Barring any unforseen incidents, Oshie is expected to be in a St. Louis uniform next season.

Not sure where to put this and I didn't want to start a new thread for it.........

Oshie will not play for the Blues when his season at the University of North Dakota ends, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Because Oshie is 21, the Blues would burn an entire season toward his rights if he played one NHL game this season. A more likely scenario would see him sign a professional tryout contract, finish the season in Peoria, and then sign with the Blues in the summer. Barring any unforseen incidents, Oshie is expected to be in a St. Louis uniform next season.

Interesting. Makes some good business sense. However, I suspect that if the Blues pull themselves out of the present state of mediocrity that they are mired in, and make a late season run to the playoffs, this scenario would change and TJ would be helping his new teammates battle for the Lord Stanley's Cup. Depending on how healthy he is coming out of the NCAA wars.

We all know that the turnout for this is going to be horrid. The last time, even papers were handed out at the game a weekend prior to the game of green/white weekend and the turnout was brutal. Over half of the attendence is there for a social experience and could care less. Unless 12,000 shirts are being handed out this is a lost cause. I just pray for 3 or more goals! :D

I understand what is being said about this, but that doesn't mean anyone has to be negative about it. If people help SPREAD THE WORD and maybe JUST WEAR WHITE instead of talking crap about it, there could possibly be more done in the future if people would HELP OUT a little more. Just saying.

I hope to see the Sioux get it in 2 games.... :D

Traditions like that have to develop over time. Of course you're not gonna be able to hit 100% of people wearing white right away, but if everybody keeps spreading the word, and wearing white themselves, then it's going to eventually work it's way around to move people.

Maybe some people don't have a white jersey, but if this keeps up it will give them motivation to spend the money on one.

You don't think this happened just one game all of a sudden, do you?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/3993907...a3d508730_b.jpg

Traditions like that have to develop over time. Of course you're not gonna be able to hit 100% of people wearing white right away, but if everybody keeps spreading the word, and wearing white themselves, then it's going to eventually work it's way around to move people.

Maybe some people don't have a white jersey, but if this keeps up it will give them motivation to spend the money on one.

You don't think this happened just one game all of a sudden, do you?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/3993907...a3d508730_b.jpg

Oh that is really cool, thanks!

Please, if you're going to be at the games and/or know others who will be at the games, wear white and/or tell them to wear white, and help bring along a new tradition :D