SiouxSports.com Forum

Jeff Panzer

SiouxFanInBoston

I'm hoping I'm not repeating this, but I just noticed (about 3 weeks after it occurred) that Jeff Panzer was named MVP for the Ice Cats for the season. Lee Goren received that honor for the Providence Bruins this season, too, so the Sioux are shining out East! Unfortunately, both Worcester and Providence have been eliminated from the Caldor Cup play-offs.

Here's a quote from the Ice Cat website on Jeff:

Most Valuable Player-Jeff Panzer

I was checking out the box score from game four between the Devils and the B's and it said that Lee Goren had gotten a five minute major for fighting at the end of the game. Did anyone see Lee's fight? Tim H had always said that Lee Goren was a good fighter in Jr's.

I'm hoping I'm not repeating this, but I just noticed (about 3 weeks after it occurred) that Jeff Panzer was named MVP for the Ice Cats for the season. Lee Goren received that honor for the Providence Bruins this season, too, so the Sioux are shining out East! Unfortunately, both Worcester and Providence have been eliminated from the Caldor Cup play-offs.

Here's a quote from the Ice Cat website on Jeff:

I believe there was a gopher ahead of him and more deserving of the honor had he not been injured.  He also was well ahead of him despite missing a big chunk of time at the end of the year.  I'm glad to see both of them doing well.  For those of you who haven't checked out the site Johnny Pohl is ahead of panzer in scoring and he was hurt the last month of the season.

As anyone who has followed hockey for a significant period of time knows, the team MVP does not always go to the highest scorer on the team. There are other factors that come into play, some of which were mentioned in the press release. It's possible that Pohl may have won the award if he had not been injured, but unless you followed the team beyond box scores and statistics, I don't think the opinion means much.

I just love yellowdog. What a moron. Yep your right. The world revolves around anyone who has played for the gerbils. I've seen both of them play alot of hockey. I've even seen them play out east on that team. Johnny Pohl is nowhere near the complete player Jeff Panzer is. Panzer actually cares about the team in the way he plays defense as well. Please yellowdog. If your going to add something with some depth or insight at try to hide your tunnel vision!

Yes I have seen the stats on the IceCats page. Don't turn this in to another Parise vs. Vanek thing (Only this time our guy won :ohmy: ). Looking at the stats both have had great seasons this year in the AHL. It's good to see two WCHA guys doing so well at the next level. Hopefully both of them see some time in the NHL next year. I do however agree that had Pohl played more games, he had a good chance of getting the award as well, but sioux7 had a point. Panzer is a VERY complete player, not to say that Pohl isn't, but watching both of them I'd have to say that Panzer is better in that respect IMO.

Could yellowdog be Siouxrock with better spelling? Just remember Yellowdog, I dont go into other peoples house and pee on the rug. The few times I have posted in POI have been constructive and non-confrontational. I have enough respect for POI fans and I realize that they dont want to see a Sioux fan come in there and try to start fights. IMO if you want to hang round here you should at least have respect for what board talking on.

Other Gopher types have figured that out, and many of them are great contributors to this forum. Im sure that some Sioux fans go over to POI and start fights too, but thats not really cool either so I am not holding up a double standard here. Im just saying that one should not go into a mans (or womans) house and disrespect it.

Thank you as I step of my little soap box....

Oh BTW congrats to Panzer I wanna see you kickin some ass in the NHL next year.

IMO the MVP of a team is the player that makes everyone better around him. This person doesnt have to be a leader in scoring (or else a D man or a Goalie could never win an MVP) but he has to be a team leader.

I just love yellowdog. What a moron. Yep your right. The world revolves around anyone who has played for the gerbils. I've seen both of them play alot of hockey. I've even seen them play out east on that team. Johnny Pohl is nowhere near the complete player Jeff Panzer is. Panzer actually cares about the team in the way he plays defense as well. Please yellowdog. If your going to add something with some depth or insight at try to hide your tunnel vision!

this whole quote of yours is tunnel vision you frickin moron

Could yellowdog be Siouxrock with better spelling? Just remember Yellowdog, I dont go into other peoples house and pee on the rug. The few times I have posted in POI have been constructive and non-confrontational. I have enough respect for POI fans and I realize that they dont want to see a Sioux fan come in there and try to start fights. IMO if you want to hang round here you should at least have respect for what board talking on.

Other Gopher types have figured that out, and many of them are great contributors to this forum. Im sure that some Sioux fans go over to POI and start fights too, but thats not really cool either so I am not holding up a double standard here. Im just saying that one should not go into a mans (or womans) house and disrespect it.

Thank you as I step of my little soap box....

Oh BTW congrats to Panzer I wanna see you kickin some ass in the NHL next year.

IMO the MVP of a team is the player that makes everyone better around him. This person doesnt have to be a leader in scoring (or else a D man or a Goalie could never win an MVP) but he has to be a team leader.

ok flower child. I will look at that. I just wanted to point out that Pohl was also having a good year. I never said Panzer was bad or even that he hates puppies. I just said IMO that pohl had a better year and would have won the award if it had not been for the injury. I agree they are both great players.

Im sure that some Sioux fans go over to POI and start fights too, but thats not really cool either so I am not holding up a double standard here.

Actually, yd starts fights on poi also. He's a poster child for the ignore button. Unfortunately, we don't have one, but ignore him anyway.

Actually, yd starts fights on poi also. He's a poster child for the ignore button. Unfortunately, we don't have one, but ignore him anyway.

I have a strong idiot reflex, and there are plenty of them on both poi and here. Take flatspin and sprig they are prime examples of idiots. Sicatoka brings something decent to the table for a sioux fan. Panzer is by far the best player in the whole world you are all right and I am wrong. Even though pohl led the nation in scoring and was runner up as a sophomore, He obviously has no talent and you guys are right.

Panzer is by far the best player in the whole world you are all right and I am wrong.  Even though pohl led the nation in scoring and was runner up as a sophomore,  He obviously has no talent and you guys are right.

:ohmy: Believe the award was MVP for the IceCats. Have doubts that stats during the college careers of the two players factored in, but, being a convicted idiot, I may be way off here.

Congrats, Sic, you've yet to make it on the yd idiot/moron list. I'm proud to say I've made them both :)

Just for you, yd:

moon.gif

I have a strong idiot reflex, and there are plenty of them on both poi and here. Take flatspin and sprig they are prime examples of idiots. Sicatoka brings something decent to the table for a sioux fan. Panzer is by far the best player in the whole world you are all right and I am wrong. Even though pohl led the nation in scoring and was runner up as a sophomore, He obviously has no talent and you guys are right.

Now your making sense. I knew you would come around eventually. Face it yellowbelly, you were run out of town on USCHO. Your fellow gopher fans can't even stand you. Now please leave.

Proving the old adage that it takes one to know one.

you would know. I also could care less what my fellow gopher fans think of me as I have already pointed out. I will not leave. I am asking you all to give pohl a little credit here. I think Panzer is a great player and I wish them both well.