SiouxSports.com Forum

Jeff Panzer

SiouxFanInBoston

you would know. I also could care less what my fellow gopher fans think of me as I have already pointed out. I will not leave. I am asking you all to give pohl a little credit here. I think Panzer is a great player and I wish them both well.

No one said Pohl isn't a great player.

Panzer is by far the best player in the whole world you are all right and I am wrong.

A Gopher fan sees the light...!!!! :ohmy:

Yellow dog...do you actually read the resposes, because I have seen post after post on this thread saying that Pohl is a good player, so we are giving credit where credit is due. Let us have our moment of Panzer having a great season in the AHL and being named IceCats MVP.

I'm not saying Pohl wasn't good for the Ice Cats. He may have won the award if he hadn't been injured...I have no idea. But without following the team in some detail, it's impossible to say. Team MVP awards are very unpredictable because they are usually chosen by teammates or coaches. They're not chosen by coaches of other teams, the fans, or the media. Therefore, reliance on statistics is less prevalent in team MVP voting than league MVP voting. Many things that go unnoticed by the casual fan (not to mention someone only following the team through box scores) are often very important in team MVP voting, such as leadership, work ethic in practice, attitudes, off-ice issues, etc.

One glaring example (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), is that I believe Quinn Fylling won team MVP in '01-'02 on his USHL team that included Thomas Vanek. Obviously, Vanek scored more points than Quinn, but the coaches and/or teammates determined that Quinn was more valuable to their team. There could be lots of reasons for their decision that don't show up in the box score.

I seldom (if ever) complain about who a team votes as their MVP because the team should obviously know more about themselves than I do about them. My attitude is that the end-of-the season team awards are solely for the players.

In sum, unless you watched the Ice Cats play on a consistent basis, coming on the Sioux board and saying Pohl is more deserving than Panzer is simply flaming...and nothing more.

Take flatspin and sprig they are prime examples of idiots.

Two quick things...( I would have responded earlier to this comment but I didn't see it)

1- Bite me :ohmy:

2-I never once said a word about Pohl, all I did was congratulate Panzer on the award. I don't know about how either of them has looked on the IceCats this past year. I reallly dont have a lot of time to spend watching the AHL. Do you? Maybe if Pohl didnt get hurt he would have had better numbers I really don't know, but that doesnt change the fact of what really went down. No one on this board got on here and said a word good or bad about Pohl.

Whats with all this Sioux Hating.... If I recall this board was very congradulatory and gracious toward the Gophers on the win. Maybe you should consider going back to POI if they'll have you.

Well I'll add my 2 cents since I started this thread -- Pohl was voted the Ice Cats' Rookie of the Year, Jeff Panzer the MVP -- they play for the same team. Good job to both. End of story.

ditto...now, yellowdog, was that so hard?? This is all you had to say, and the majority of this thread would not exist. Knowing flatspin personally...trust me, he's no idiot. Granted he's not a genious either, or even very intelligent for that matter :) , but he's not an idiot. :ohmy: jk, you know I love ya man.

Not saying I'm that intelligent either though ???

• 2 weeks later...
Jeff Panzer (C: 22g,33a,55pts -1)

Eight game winning goals, double the next highest IceCat. The best penalty killer on the team. He takes huge hits and still end up scoring the goal. Plays bigger than the 5'7" he's listed at, but not big enough to get a real chance at the NHL.

GRADE: A-

Here is a blurb from an article on Hockey's Future regarding grades for the Worcestor IceCats players for this past year. No one was rated higher than an A-.