SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest whinning in the WCHA. isn't the Sioux complaining about the refing, it's the Goofs crying about the Sioux's physicality. "Oh the Sioux are soooo cheap. Blah, blah, blah, boo, hoo, hoo."

What Bickel does does is being 'physical' and what the Sioux do is being 'cheap'. Therein lies the joke!! You're right cujo, this is pure comedy. The Goof's should be required to have a note from mommy giving them permission to play hockey where, guess what, players get checked, get pushed around, get shoved around, etc. If the Sioux are too physical for the mommy's boys, then, gosh darn it, don't play hockey. Join the band, the dance squad, the chess club, etc. There are lot's of non-contact school activities they can join. Poor babies....

Then you have not been watching the right guy. Let me know what you think after this weekend, and the Green and White glasses are off. (ok, maybe after next weekend)

Should be fun tonight. Hope to see some of you there, although I hope you are not right behind me.... :huh:

Yeah, the butt end he put into the back of Miller's head in December falls within the rules. Link to the scrum here.

Please do expand on that comment. Let me guess your going to call Kaip or Finley a hack? :sad:;):sad:

The irony lies in the fact that sioux fans label the style of game Stu Bickel plays as a "hack" but label the exact style of game Joe Finley plays (or any other sioux defenseman) as a "physical". Basically Bickel plays identical to the norm of und defenseman but he is labeled a "hack" instead of "physical". You could call that ironic, hypocritical, or downright homerism. I simply choose the word irony.

The irony lies in the fact that sioux fans label the style of game Stu Bickel plays as a "hack" but label the exact style of game Joe Finley plays (or any other sioux defenseman) as a "physical". Basically Bickel plays identical to the norm of und defenseman but he is labeled a "hack" instead of "physical". You could call that ironic, hypocritical, or downright homerism. I simply choose the word irony.

gimme a break, i think everybody knows what u were saying. the irony is that a sioux fan would call another person a hack, right? the implication being that we all cheer for a bunch of hacks every weekend. :huh:

dont start backpedaling now

How about every time I watch the gophers this season and there is a questionable cheap act for the Goofs Ala the butt end (which is a minute major) ironically Bickle is right in the middle of it, but hey the Goofs have had their share of these type of players, Jeff "after the whislte"Taffe, Matt "Cross check" Demarchi just to name a few.

Sweet - I loved that guy in Get Smart. Wonder if he'll call upstairs for video review on a "skate-phone".

note - if you are under 30-35 years old - you probably won't 'get' this one (which is just fine cuz its not very funny anyway).

If he really does as like Maxwell Smart, he would take his skate off and end up cutting his face.

(By the way, I'm only 25, and I get the reference).

How about every time I watch the gophers this season and there is a questionable cheap act for the Goofs Ala the butt end (which is a minute major) ironically Bickle is right in the middle of it, but hey the Goofs have had their share of these type of players, Jeff "after the whislte"Taffe, Matt "Cross check" Demarchi just to name a few.

Until the Goofs have a let's drop the gloves and settle this like a man type player in their lineup don't waste your time debating this subject with the kings of slappy fighting and matching perms.

Prpich, Greene, Blake, just to name a few. Every team over the years has these types of players. By the way why didn't you mention Westrum? He's the first Gopher that comes to my mind when it comes to cheapness.

I want a shoe phone... :sad:

Other reasons Don makes a good ref:

-After a disallowed goal he always says "missed it by that much".

-Experienced at keeping KAOS under control (which there is sure to be plenty of).

-Anyone jaw-jacking him for missed/bad calls get the "Cone of Silence dropped on their azzes.

-When asked by coaches why he made/didn't make calls on a play he always starts out his explaination "would you believe..."

-Video Replay official for tonight is Agent 99 (she's hot)