SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

One of the best times I had at the Final Five was two years ago drink at Tom Reids with a couple of Badgers fans, one guy was wearing a Badger uni and a gopher hat. I told him seek counsiling immediately. We must have drank 30 beers and covered every subject under the sun. Being a fan doesn't mean a person has to be an ass. There needs to be more of this type of partying together.

Completely agree. I understand loyalty and cheering for your favorite team but when this rivalry results in physical violence is totally uncalled for. Also, I can tolerate a little friendly exchange between fans but once the game is over shake hands and go buy a beer.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought all of it was funny! :huh:

all in jest......but hey, maybe i'm the 1 % ;)

I must be in the 1% too. Anyone who has lived in the metro area knows exactly what he is talking about. I was lucky enough to find a well paying job back in ND, so I could escape. I am really sick of metro fans, PA and Dubay, KFan in general. How many different fanbases and states/cities do they make fun of? They rip on Grand Forks, the state of North Dakota, Green Bay, the state of Wisconsin, Iowa, Canada, and even Mankato, St. Cloud and Duluth! How in the world are people from the Minneapolis area any different from folks in these other locations? We are ALL midwesterners. I guess when all of your teams consistently lose, you have to turn to this to make you feel better at night. I just don't get it.

Anyway, end rant, back to the game! Go Sioux! Get some quality shots on Kangas and he will fold. We didn't test him Saturday night in GF.

well - the arrogance may be temporarily absent - but the stupidity never will be

from GPL

I take back every relatively nice thing I said earlier. I hate the Gophs and all the ignorant dumb-azzes that support them. I hope we rip their throats out this weekend. Right in front of their hometown, insult spewing, elitest eyes.

Boy - that didn't take long - did it.

You really have some thin skin, don't you?

Completely agree. I understand loyalty and cheering for your favorite team but when this rivalry results in physical violence is totally uncalled for. Also, I can tolerate a little friendly exchange between fans but once the game is over shake hands and go buy a beer.

Agree with you and message boards are one thing, but when you have a 7 year old daughter stuck in the middle of drunk Goph fans, like at last year's FF and the West regional, dropping F-bombs and berating her and myself, I think I'll give Stpaulsioux guy a pass on this one. Goph fans, especially drunk, in person are the worst of the worst period.

I must be in the 1% too. Anyone who has lived in the metro area knows exactly what he is talking about. I was lucky enough to find a well paying job back in ND, so I could escape. I am really sick of metro fans, PA and Dubay, KFan in general. How many different fanbases and states/cities do they make fun of? They rip on Grand Forks, the state of North Dakota, Green Bay, the state of Wisconsin, Iowa, Canada, and even Mankato, St. Cloud and Duluth! How in the world are people from the Minneapolis area any different from folks in these other locations? We are ALL midwesterners. I guess when all of your teams consistently lose, you have to turn to this to make you feel better at night. I just don't get it.

Anyway, end rant, back to the game! Go Sioux! Get some quality shots on Kangas and he will fold. We didn't test him Saturday night in GF.

Nice rant, uncle Ted.

We don't marry our cousins.

i think you are confusing southern stereotypes with us north dakotans... a few main differences (only supported by our goofer trolls who have finally crawled out of their holes this week)... cities people, pay too much for their homes, spend too much time in traffic, and have a false sense of self importance... and they cheer for the goofers, which alone should be enough of an insult, but it is goofer/sioux weekend. oh, and i must be part of the 1%, i found it funny :huh:

i think you are confusing southern stereotypes with us north dakotans... a few main differences (only supported by our goofer trolls who have finally crawled out of their holes this week)... cities people, pay too much for their homes, spend too much time in traffic, and have a false sense of self importance... and they cheer for the goofers, which alone should be enough of an insult, but it is goofer/sioux weekend. oh, and i must be part of the 1%, i found it funny :huh:

Stop, you are insulting siouxguyinstpaul with your cities stereotype. :sad:

You might be thinking of Joe Senser's, but I don't believe a UND alum is the owner. I'm sure someone else knows better though.

There's one in Bloomington and one in Roseville...and maybe one other. I have only been to the Bloomington location, and they take great care of that place. You are right, it is always full of Sioux fans, though there are many Gopher fans there as well. The wings are delicious, and a couple years ago they remodeled the place with more/larger tvs and a more open atmosphere.

It seems to be the establishment of choice for UND alum, so I recommend checking it out. In Bloomington basically right on 494, but I can never remember the cross street. Going west, I always look for it on the left.

You might be thinking of Joe Senser's, but I don't believe a UND alum is the owner. I'm sure someone else knows better though.

There's one in Bloomington and one in Roseville...and maybe one other. I have only been to the Bloomington location, and they take great care of that place. You are right, it is always full of Sioux fans, though there are many Gopher fans there as well. The wings are delicious, and a couple years ago they remodeled the place with more/larger tvs and a more open atmosphere.

It seems to be the establishment of choice for UND alum, so I recommend checking it out. In Bloomington basically right on 494, but I can never remember the cross street. Going west, I always look for it on the left.

There are 4 I beleive. One in Roseville, near Hwy 36/35 and Cleveland Ave, Another in Bloomington off 494 and France on American Blvd, one in Eagan off 35E but I can't remember the exit, and a new one I think in Maple Grove, haven't been to that one.

SO if you go to the Bloomington location take the France exit and turn south then take the first light American Blvd to the right and follow the curve and your right there.

http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2008/02/01/72165290

Quote: "But there is a difference between being physical and being cheap, and Bickel is the former. "

Really?;)? That's not what I've seen watching him!!!!!!!

Then you have not been watching the right guy. Let me know what you think after this weekend, and the Green and White glasses are off. (ok, maybe after next weekend)

Should be fun tonight. Hope to see some of you there, although I hope you are not right behind me.... :huh: