SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody remember one of the signs from the movie Youngblood: "Pu$$y's on Ice". Works well with the old P.O.I. It would be a great sign for someone to bring in. They had another sign in that movie: "Sutton's a Fag". We could do all sorts with that as well. The humor would not be lost on those who have seen the fil,.

So do the Gophers throw Jeff into the Mississippi or do they try to live with him. Remember when Goofer fans were accussing Blaiser of throwing Goalies into the RED RIVER? If they keep him around they are stuck with him for another year. Frazee isn't going to be that great of a pickup for the Professional ranks. I don't see him Bumping anyone out of the AHL team for New Jersey.

I think the club will stick with him. The bigger question is, will he stick with the club. To Frazee's credit, he has not deflected any of the blame for this year. I think he has so many people telling him what to do that he lost himself. If they do not start him, he will be gone anyway... (no, at the level he is playing, it is not a huge loss but if 2006/07 Frazee comes back, he is one of the best in the WCHA)

That is a darn good question. A couple tough weekends ahead for the Gophers so it is hard to say. I think not dressing him two Fridays ago in Duluth should have sent a big message to him. I honestly think Kangas will get the knod both nights this weekend, if he does have a bad game Friday then maybe tDon does give Frazee a shot on Saturday, would doubt Solie would make an appearance. I think of the players as well, I mean how must they feel when their "star" goalie (Frazee_ lets in those type of goals, I would not feel real comfortable playing in front of him.

I was surprised to hear Lucia on the pregame last week say he thought about playing Frazee because he's working hard in practice and doing what he needs to show that they can put him on the ice. I thought he was done for the year, to be honest. So in that respect I could see him getting a game this weekend. On the other hand, I just don't see how Lucia can play anyone other than Kangas right now unless he's pretty much giving up on the year. And I don't think he's done that.

frazee could have just been a goalie that couldnt take the pressure of playing every night. he was the man right away this year for the first time with minnesota after splitting time and maybe it just got to him. theres no way i play him if im lucia. kangas has proven he can at least hold the gophers in most games if he can hold the oppenent to 3 goals or under but if it gets higher than that the hophers are in trouble. either way i dont see frazee back next season so might as well get kangas as much big game experience as you can get him.

Here is saying that Da Don plays Frazee on Friday. A good chance for Frazee to redeem himself. Cast off the haunts of last year, and those of more recent vintage. Kangas is not ready to be a solid go to guy night after night.

If the Gophers get beat on Friday, Kangas is an easy choice for Saturday. However, if Frazee and the Gophers win Friday, Lucia will view the win as a turning point of the season, and he will put Frazee back in the nets on Saturday. Frazee gets pounded, the teams split, and Frazee leaves the team before the end of February.

Read all about it.

I was surprised to hear Lucia on the pregame last week say he thought about playing Frazee because he's working hard in practice and doing what he needs to show that they can put him on the ice. I thought he was done for the year, to be honest. So in that respect I could see him getting a game this weekend. On the other hand, I just don't see how Lucia can play anyone other than Kangas right now unless he's pretty much giving up on the year. And I don't think he's done that.

So then tDon's messages has been recieved by the student athlete that it was intended for.

I think the club will stick with him. The bigger question is, will he stick with the club. To Frazee's credit, he has not deflected any of the blame for this year. I think he has so many people telling him what to do that he lost himself. If they do not start him, he will be gone anyway... (no, at the level he is playing, it is not a huge loss but if 2006/07 Frazee comes back, he is one of the best in the WCHA)

I posted earlier that Lucia has to play him, or he may lose him sooner rather than later. Every series he sits on the bench reduces his signing bonus (if there is even a bonus left). So economically, it maks sense for him to sign for what he can get ASAP and get some ice time in the minors rather than polish pine in the WCHA. My prediction: If tDon doesn't play him in one of the next two series, he's gone before March.

I still think Frazee gets a start one of the games this weekend, I'd guess Friday. If he sucks, then he's done for the season and then gone for the year. He needs to start though, at some point, he has WAY too much talent to just sit on the bench. When/If he gets his head on straight then he's still our best goalie, hands down. If he doesn't give up any soft goals from all the way down the rink or from the center line he still gives us the best chance to win.

I still think Frazee gets a start one of the games this weekend, I'd guess Friday. If he sucks, then he's done for the season and then gone for the year. He needs to start though, at some point, he has WAY too much talent to just sit on the bench. When/If he gets his head on straight then he's still our best goalie, hands down. If he doesn't give up any soft goals from all the way down the rink or from the center line he still gives us the best chance to win.

the whole soft goal thing has cost him his job, bottom line..

i dont think frazee gives you the best chance to win anymore. i did think that before hand but hes a mental headcase out there. no stability and does stupid stuff while on the ice. kangas and he have played the same amount of games. kangas has 5 ties which is crazy. hes 5-4-5 .918 sv% while frazee is 6-7 with a bad .890 sv%. the gophers arent going anywhere this season either way and frazee wont be back either way so play the young guy and keep getting him experience vs good wcha teams. i do agree if frazee does start anytime soon it will be a make or break thing which is pretty obvious i guess.

the whole soft goal thing has cost him his job, bottom line..

i dont think frazee gives you the best chance to win anymore. i did think that before hand but hes a mental headcase out there. no stability and does stupid stuff while on the ice. kangas and he have played the same amount of games. kangas has 5 ties which is crazy. hes 5-4-5 .918 sv% while frazee is 6-7 with a bad .890 sv%. the gophers arent going anywhere this season either way and frazee wont be back either way so play the young guy and keep getting him experience vs good wcha teams. i do agree if frazee does start anytime soon it will be a make or break thing which is pretty obvious i guess.

Its a tough situation for Lucia if you think about it. Assuming that Frazee's collapse was due to not being able to handle being the every game goalie, there is a risk that Kangas isn't ready for that either. If he rides Kangas for several games straight and then Kangas mentally struggles the Gophers are in deep hurt. He might be forced to try Frazee again for a game, prior to Kangas struggling, just to see if a rotation would work rather than risk having two basket cases. Kangas is only a freshman. Just a possibility here to ponder.

I think we can all agree playing him is a huge risk, but I think its one we need to take at this point in the season. If they both come out on the very top of their games can't we all say that Frazee is better? I'm just assuming desperate times call for desperate measures, who knows, he could come out the Frazee of last year and dominate. Its almost like we know what we are going to get from Kangas, and thats 2 or 3 goals given up, which we can't really win with.

Well this board has less "posts per page" then GPL. GPL has I think 50 posts on a page and this board has about 15 or so. I'm not denying I'm a bit down on the team but..... :D

now thats some hard hitting research ;) nice work