SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

I'll have to check that out. I just got sniped at the last second on ebay, section 5, 8th row, at $134 for 2 :angry:

Hey Bob and others . . . .

Here is a good source for your ticket needs. While some are pricey, many times others that are posted that are not so pricey. Keep checking back. The Gopher Nation will be stepping down and off in a big way this week. The market is going to bottom out big time, except to the extent that it is driven back up by Sioux fans.

While I agree that prices should be what the market bears, I am not a big fan of Sioux fans scalping other Sioux fans to make a couple of bucks. Not saying this happens mind you, but sometimes people run the risk of getting blinded by the green dollar rather than seeing the wisdom and the light of helping folks see the Kelly Green.

Gopher Ticket Well

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a good source for your ticket needs. While some are pricey, many times others that are posted that are not so pricey. Keep checking back. The Gopher Nation will be stepping down and off in a big way this week. The market is going to bottom out big time, except to the extent that it is driven back up by Sioux fans.

While I agree that prices should be what the market bears, I am not a big fan of Sioux fans scalping other Sioux fans to make a couple of bucks. Not saying this happens mind you, but sometimes people run the risk of getting blinded by the green dollar rather than seeing the wisdom and the light of helping folks see the Kelly Green.

Gopher Ticket Well

Thanks! Great post too!

A friend and I will be attending our first Sioux/Gopher game at Mariucci Arena. I've been wanting to attend at Sioux game at Mariucci for 5 years! This year I was finally able to score a couple tickets for the Friday game. We booked a room at the Day's Inn near the arena. Any advice you could offer would be fantastic (ie: parking, restaurants, shuttle service). Also, we have SRO tickets. Unfortunately we are both vertically challenged. LOL! Will we have a hard time seeing the ice? How early should we get to the arena to ensure that we get a good spot? I apologize for all the questions. I just want to ensure that we are prepared when we walk into Gopherville. :angry:

On one hand, I'm nervous for this weekend's series w/ Minny based on how poorly the Sioux played at home against them back in December. On the other, I'm encouraged based on seeing the Sioux on the road in 3 tough environments-DU Magness Arena, BC's Conti Forum, and Northeastern's Matthew's Arena. Despite losing 1-0 to DU on Friday night, they played well. Perhaps a road trip into a hostile environment brings out the best in the Sioux.

Gopher Ticket Well

If you're willing to be patient and maybe miss the opening face-off, they will be going at bargain basement prices outside the John, I promise you.

If you're willing to be patient and maybe miss the opening face-off, they will be going at bargain basement prices outside the John, I promise you.

for sure, just depends how damn cold it will be to wait that out for some i suppose :D

A friend and I will be attending our first Sioux/Gopher game at Mariucci Arena. I've been wanting to attend at Sioux game at Mariucci for 5 years! This year I was finally able to score a couple tickets for the Friday game. We booked a room at the Day's Inn near the arena. Any advice you could offer would be fantastic (ie: parking, restaurants, shuttle service). Also, we have SRO tickets. Unfortunately we are both vertically challenged. LOL! Will we have a hard time seeing the ice? How early should we get to the arena to ensure that we get a good spot? I apologize for all the questions. I just want to ensure that we are prepared when we walk into Gopherville. :angry:

Go to Sally's for pre-game beers within a block of the arena. You will see plenty of fellow Sioux fans getting their drink on pre-game.

Make no mistake, MN is going to come to play. They can still salvage a shot at the NCAA tournament by getting some big wins. If I were the Don, I'd be telling the players that everything up to this point in the season is behind them, and they can start from scratch with this series. The complete apathy which we played with on Saturday also has me concerned. We played with apathy against the Gophs at home too. This series will tell me a lot about both teams.

Minny is going to come out with an extremely aggrassive forecheck. If we can make one guy miss, the olympic sheet of ice should leave plenty of room for our fast, skilled forwards to make it happen. On the same note, our defensemen are going to have to play their smartest hockey of the year. Minny might not be having their best season, but they definitely have guys who can make you pay if you slip up, especially on the big ice sheet. There is a lot of room to go wide. D-men are going to have to watch the angles they take to slow up the rodent forwards. If they bite early, well, it could be along night.

We have the advantage on paper. Better goaltending, we're bigger and stronger, skating is about equal.

The Osh and Duncs need to show why they are the best. Those two need to put together a performance like they had against CC.

Biggest concern this weekend: STAY OUT OF THE BOX

Not sure if all that I sent you worked in the PM, it took forever so I sure hope so, and I saved a copy in case it didnt. Have fun reading my half essay answers for your questions, haha.

don't bend over to pick up anything......

:angry: I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Gopherz, thank you for the great tips! It should be a really fun weekend.

Not a problem, let me know if you have anything else. Odds are if you go early and see someone in a Maroon jersey with a maroon gopher hockey hat being worn backwards, about 6'2, its me. lol

Regardless of the score, I guarantee you that the Sioux will have twice as many penalties as the Gophs over the series. It never fails in Mpls that the Sioux are fighting bullsh*t calls like three straight against them in 3rd periods of close games. Happens every time. The one time that a guy tried to call a fair game (which was even in Grand Forks) he was suspended (Kleven).

Make no mistake, MN is going to come to play. They can still salvage a shot at the NCAA tournament by getting some big wins. If I were the Don, I'd be telling the players that everything up to this point in the season is behind them, and they can start from scratch with this series. The complete apathy which we played with on Saturday also has me concerned. We played with apathy against the Gophs at home too. This series will tell me a lot about both teams.

Minny is going to come out with an extremely aggrassive forecheck. If we can make one guy miss, the olympic sheet of ice should leave plenty of room for our fast, skilled forwards to make it happen. On the same note, our defensemen are going to have to play their smartest hockey of the year. Minny might not be having their best season, but they definitely have guys who can make you pay if you slip up, especially on the big ice sheet. There is a lot of room to go wide. D-men are going to have to watch the angles they take to slow up the rodent forwards. If they bite early, well, it could be along night.

We have the advantage on paper. Better goaltending, we're bigger and stronger, skating is about equal.

Biggest concern this weekend: STAY OUT OF THE BOX

Agree with your analysis except for the 2 bolded statements. Looking at the rosters, the Gophers have the height and weight advantage, not including goalies and throwing Stoa out of the mix (Gophers avg ht = 6.04, avg wt = 191 lbs vs. the Sioux avg ht = 5.99, avg wt = 189 lbs). Not that this means a thing because my gophs play softer.

As far as staying out of the box, I think the Sioux could play short-handed the whole game and still have a decent chance of winning as pathetic as our power-play has been.

Agree with your analysis except for the 2 bolded statements. Looking at the rosters, the Gophers have the height and weight advantage, not including goalies and throwing Stoa out of the mix (Gophers avg ht = 6.04, avg wt = 191 lbs vs. the Sioux avg ht = 5.99, avg wt = 189 lbs). Not that this means a thing because my gophs play softer.

As far as staying out of the box, I think the Sioux could play short-handed the whole game and still have a decent chance of winning as pathetic as our power-play has been.

very true they are a soft team. one player who will mix it up with bickel but thats it, not worried about the average but nice findings on the numbers. yes your PP is very pathetic. cant believe how bad it is really but without stoa and KO i guess thats gona happen but didnt think that bad. i like the big ice for the sioux vs the gophers. should be some fun games

im not worried about going into the box either as thats our game and has been for years. keep up the great defense and cash in on our PP opportunities and we sweep..duncan continues his dominance vs the rodents

4-2 the KOD line tears it up and a goal from genoway

5-3 kaiper the sniper with a couple, watty, the oshie and trupp

sioux sweep in 2 fun games to watch