SiouxSports.com Forum

BEYOND THE POND with Puffy

Oxbow6

Was buzzing around Fargo this morning when I caught "Beyond the Pond" with Puffy and his crew. Puffy said there was not much of chance that UND could get to the Frozen Four this year. ??? He figured UND would be a 2, possibly a 3 seed in the big tourney. JPL is ok, not great, in net and not getting enough from Osh and Dunc. :angry: Also thought Duncan made a mistake coming back this year. But his Fluffiness thought that the Gophs still could get home ice for the first round of the WCHA? :huh: I must admit I caught bits and pieces, but it was obvious he thought after the 2 Colorado schools, everyone else was pretty close in the league. Did anybody else catch this??

Edit: Jeff "Puffy" Dubay of KFAN radio

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was buzzing around Fargo this morning when I caught "Beyond the Pond" with Puffy and his crew. Puffy said there was not much of chance that UND could get to the Frozen Four this year. ??? He figured UND would be a 2, possibly a 3 seed in the big tourney. JPL is ok, not great, in net and not getting enough from Osh and Dunc. :angry: Also thought Duncan made a mistake coming back this year. But his Fluffiness thought that the Gophs still could get home ice for the first round of the WCHA? :huh: I must admit I caught bits and pieces, but it was obvious he thought after the 2 Colorado schools, everyone else was pretty close in the league. Did anybody else catch this??

Who's Puffy?

I'm surprised by the Puffs take on the Sioux. Usually he has nothing but love for the Green and White. Also surprised by his take on the goofs securing home ice. Seems that he's been down on them all year, and looking ahead in their schedule; UW tonight, UND at home, DU on the road, and Wisco back home...that's not an easy schedule for any team, especially for a team that's not on top of their game.

Dubay can say what he wants about JPL, but I'm pretty sure that he'd trade Kangas and Frazee for him.

Jeff Dubay of the PA & Dubay Show. It's a sports radio show on KFAN, 1440 AM in Grand Forks. Puffy is a Gopher hockey rube.

He hates UND. ???

I don't get why people think that Dubay is such of gopher homer. If Sid is a 10 on the Homer scale, Puffy is about a four. He'll tell you when the gophs are sucking it up. He'll also give tons of credit to UND when credit is due. And unlike Sid, Puffy won't predict a gopher sweep for this coming weekend. Unless the gophers play their best game of the year tonight, I can almost guarantee that Dubay will say that the gophers will be lucky to come away with one point next weekend.

Don't worry about Puffy, he usually never gets it right. He hates anything and everything about UND.

Jeff Dubay Photo

He probably said it to get Sioux fans all wound up, UND is tied for the second longest winning streak in the country right now. I think UND is playing pretty good btu isn't gettting a lot of love nationally, but who cares suppose? By why should Dubbers be any different than the other experts. I think if anything UND flies under the radar this season which is ok.

He probably said it to get Sioux fans all wound up, UND is tied for the second longest winning streak in the country right now. I think UND is playing pretty good btu isn't gettting a lot of love nationally, but who cares suppose? By why should Dubbers be any different than the other experts. I think if anything UND flies under the radar this season which is ok.

Dubay thinks UND being rated 4th nationally is a joke. Was even more perplexed at how UND was rated ahead of DU in both polls.

I don't get why people think that Dubay is such of gopher homer. If Sid is a 10 on the Homer scale, Puffy is about a four. He'll tell you when the gophs are sucking it up. He'll also give tons of credit to UND when credit is due. And unlike Sid, Puffy won't predict a gopher sweep for this coming weekend. Unless the gophers play their best game of the year tonight, I can almost guarantee that Dubay will say that the gophers will be lucky to come away with one point next weekend.

I never said he was a homer, just a rube, which he is. :angry: He loves anything and everything Gopher. I like Dubay. Then again I like Woog too. ???

I never said he was a homer, just a rube, which he is. :huh: He loves anything and everything Gopher. I like Dubay. Then again I like Woog too. ???

Wooger is ok. Puff's a tool. His fondest childhood memory is being bat boy for the Twins :angry:

Dubay thinks UND being rated 4th nationally is a joke. Was even more perplexed at how UND was rated ahead of DU in both polls.

UND has beaten both C.C. and DU one more time than UMN. Hey if you don't agree with him send him an email, Jeff is a stand up guy he will email you back.

I listen to Puffy at times, most of the time he is fair. But he HATES UND!!! and the only thing he hates more is all things Wisconsin. I think they pod cast the program so if you wanted to listen to the program again. Just click the link - http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/sing...nd_The_Pond.xml

Thanks for posting, I will listen to it on my IPOD.

UND has beaten both C.C. and DU one more time than UMN. Hey if you don't agree with him send him an email, Jeff is a stand up guy he will email you back.

Really?? Questioned some of his "expertise" on all things WCHA last year and never heard from him. Not even after the West regional ???

Really?? Questioned some of his "expertise" on all things WCHA last year and never heard from him. Not even after the West regional ???

I have emailed him a few times and asked him some questions. Ussually get a respond right away. Maybe he is filtering UND messages now.

:angry: LOL

Well, I think some on this board know my hatred of Dubay runs deep. It doesn't surprise me that he doesn't think UND is that good. He lives in the Gopher world. He only saw UND play against the Gophers, where we played perhaps our most uninspired series of the season. How can UND be ranked ahead of Denver...hmmm...AA this weekend is the only team we've played that isn't a team under consideration...hmmm...No one has a winning record against us....hmmm...

It's just fine with me if everyone wants to bash UND. Let everyone underestimate us. We can just fly under the radar and slip in the back door. I have no problem with back doors as long as we get there (and we seem to be doing a good job of getting there right now).

"Puffy!"