SiouxSports.com Forum

Rumor on Lee

TheJake

I was talking to one of the Sioux Defenseman's dad and he said that Brian Lee is very unhappy at UND and that he is very close to signing an NHL contract. I don't believe Brian Lee has the physical presence to be a steady player in the NHL, nor do I believe he is ready to go. In all honesty, I have been disappointed in his performance and anticipated more production from him in his Sophomore year. How big of a loss would it be if he actually left? I think Chay Genoway is more than ready to fill his role.

Way to go Duncan!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to one of the Sioux Defenseman's dad and he said that Brian Lee is very unhappy at UND and that he is very close to signing an NHL contract. I don't believe Brian Lee has the physical presence to be a steady player in the NHL, nor do I believe he is ready to go. In all honesty, I have been disappointed in his performance and anticipated more production from him in his Sophomore year. How big of a loss would it be if he actually left? I think Chay Genoway is more than ready to fill his role.

Way to go Duncan!

DITTO !

I think the Lee haters need to quit, I don't blame him for being unhappy, anybody seen the facebook group in his honor. Not cool. If you're a Fighting Sioux fan I say you support the team as a whole, I'm guilty of nay saying a few of the players including Lee, but it's mostly out of frustration. With some of the posters on this board Lee has been the reason behind every single loss this season, it's sickening to know that no matter what on every game thread there will be some post on Lees play in a negative way. There I've ranted thank you for reading.

I think the Lee haters need to quit, I don't blame him for being unhappy, anybody seen the facebook group in his honor. Not cool. If you're a Fighting Sioux fan I say you support the team as a whole, I'm guilty of nay saying a few of the players including Lee, but it's mostly out of frustration. With some of the posters on this board Lee has been the reason behind every single loss this season, it's sickening to know that no matter what on every game thread there will be some post on Lees play in a negative way. There I've ranted thank you for reading.

DITTO!!!!! This is a TEAM. When you start bashing one player, as far as I'm concerned you're bashing all of them. I look at them as a family. You start picking on one member you better be ready for his siblings to back him up.

I hope Lee stays for another year, but in all honesty I would be relatively indifferent if he decided to leave. I don't think he is the reason behind every single loss this season, but I do feel that as a whole his college career so far has been a bit disappointing.

DITTO!!!!! This is a TEAM. When you start bashing one player, as far as I'm concerned you're bashing all of them. I look at them as a family. You start picking on one member you better be ready for his siblings to back him up.

I respectfully disagree sioux-cia. What is bashing? Can't a fan have an objective opinion of how a certian player is playing? :silly:

I hope Lee stays for another year, but in all honesty I would be relatively indifferent if he decided to leave. I don't think he is the reason behind every single loss this season, but I do feel that as a whole his college career so far has been a bit disappointing.

That sums up my opinion on it as well.

I respectfully disagree sioux-cia. What is bashing? Can't a fan have an objective opinion of how a certian player is playing? :lol:

Its fine to have an opinion on how a certain player is palying. Its wrong to insult him. Saying that Lee hasn't played up to his potential is fine. Sometimes he doesn't do as much as he probably is capable of. Others do the same, take for example when Oshie missed countless open nets at the beginning of the year. However, the problem comes when people start to say "he doesn't deserve to play here", "sit him on the bench", "i hope he goes pro", "he sucks", "he cost us the game", etc. When you start insulting the player instead of just judging his play, you have crossed over into bashing. You can judge players without bashing, but a high amount of people on this board can't get this concept throught their heads. :silly:

It's amazing that a supposedly piece of crap person, which evidently Lee is, can manage to be a top 4 defenseman for UND. I mean so many people say he is terrible, he must be right? Hell he's so bad that there must be some type of conspiracy lead by Hakstol that even lets this failure of a human being play hockey. If he doesn't leave of his own free will, he obviously should be expelled from UND.

It's amazing that a supposedly piece of crap person, which evidently Lee is, can manage to be a top 4 defenseman for UND. I mean so many people say he is terrible, he must be right? Hell he's so bad that there must be some type of conspiracy lead by Hakstol that even lets this failure of a human being play hockey. If he doesn't leave of his own free will, he obviously should be expelled from UND.

Do you still have any got Oshie shirts?

..... "he doesn't deserve to play here", "sit him on the bench", "i hope he goes pro", "he sucks", "he cost us the game", etc. When you start insulting the player instead of just judging his play, you have crossed over into bashing. You can judge players without bashing, but a high amount of people on this board can't get this concept throught their heads. :silly:

I admit that in November/December I said this team sucks!!! Because that was my opinion of how they were playing. I think it's wrong to single someone out time after time regardless of how he is playing. There are posters here who find it hard to point out good things that Lee did on the ice during some games without ending with negative comments similar to "yeah, he did fine tonight but he still sucks." That's bashing.

Way to go Duncan!

Hey, all you Lee bashing morons. Quick, name all the Sioux defenders that have scored more points their first 2 seasons...

lee is a youg kid straight out of highschool playing for one of the best college programs in college hockey. I dont blame him if he leaves. If he is such a terrible player wouldnt the coaching staff get rid of him? brian should only be concerend how his coaches and fellow players feel about him and ignore the rest of us.

i think the situation with some of the sioux fans is disgusting. there are too many fans that bash players on a whim; this also happened with JPAR as well. last year lee was awesome, and people complained about how he sucked because he wasnt physical. this year he made an attempt to get more physical, and people think he sucks because there MAY have been a few plays that went bad at his expense. the fact is that there are 5 skaters on the ice and somehow lee always gets crapped on by fans. if your going to criticise players, do it with some tact...after all, they are sioux players. dont just talk about how the player sucks.

also, people keep talking about lee's position of the 2005 draft. remember that teams are basing it on how well the player will be in a few years in many cases.

The kid is a good defenseman. He didn't cost us any games. No single player has. I am sure he has some games where he wishes he would have played better. So does any good athlete. He handles the puck very well, he passes well and he is a smart player. Find one college hockey coach in the country who wouldn't want him on their team. I think he will need to be stronger but what the heck do I know? The criticism isn't any different than those who criticise Hakstol or the team when things aren't going the way they would like. There are those who criticise without knowing what they are talking about all of the time.

I would also think he is smart enough to understand the vast majority of fans appreciate him as a hockey player. I wouldn't know if he is happy here or not. I would hope the coaches and team captains know the answer to that and address it before it becomes enough of an issue that a kid would leave early because he isn't happy.