SiouxSports.com Forum

The 2015 Major League Baseball Mega-Thread

MafiaMan

Screw the NL and screw their obsession with the past.

Mets were O-VER-RAT-ED and the Royals proved it.

You seem to be much more emotionally invested in it.

When did Matt Harvey piss in your cheerios?  Before or after he had Tommy John?

Screw the NL and screw their obsession with the past.

Mets were O-VER-RAT-ED and the Royals proved it.

Wow. You're an expert on many differing topics. 

Can you define "overrated"? 

For the first time in the HISTORY of Major League Baseball, a team blew 3 saves in a World Series. They had outstanding starting pitching throughout the World Series, and had the lead in those three games, but couldn't close it out, so that makes them overrated? :silly: Did you play baseball?

Wow. You're an expert on many differing topics. 

Can you define "overrated"? 

For the first time in the HISTORY of Major League Baseball, a team blew 3 saves in a World Series. They had outstanding starting pitching throughout the World Series, and had the lead in those three games, but couldn't close it out, so that makes them overrated? :silly: Did you play baseball?

I have never claimed to be an expert at anything. I will freely admit I am not an expert on baseball. And I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :p

However, the Royals were basically within an eyelash of winning the World Series last year and brought back basically their entire team this year. So it shouldn't surprise anyone that they won it all this year. The Mets swept a young, inexperienced Cubs team in the NLCS and looked unbeatable. But the Royals were simply too deep, too talented and too motivated after losing in 7 to the Giants last year.

Is that what you were looking for?

I have never claimed to be an expert at anything. I will freely admit I am not an expert on baseball. And I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :p

However, the Royals were basically within an eyelash of winning the World Series last year and brought back basically their entire team this year. So it shouldn't surprise anyone that they won it all this year. The Mets swept a young, inexperienced Cubs team in the NLCS and looked unbeatable. But the Royals were simply too deep, too talented and too motivated after losing in 7 to the Giants last year.

Is that what you were looking for?

Or.... The Mets gave away 2 or 3 games. That could work too.

Or....the Mets didn't have a good enough bullpen. Bullpens are just as important as the starting rotation, which is something the Braves found out during all their postseason failures.

And the Mets defense was nothing close to the Royals. I said Royals in 6 before the series started because of the bullpens and defense.

• Upvote 1