SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-2012 Schedule

GeauxSioux

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game to get. So, other than this game and the Bison game, what else is on the schedule for next year in non-conference?

I'm sure there will be at least one more big time game. We have played 2 big time programs in each of the last several seasons since the D1 transition. Also, I believe we have to go to Louisiana Tech and Longwood in a two year deal since they both came to GF last year. Hopefully we will also play South Dakota in a yearly contest. I'm sure South Dakota wants a piece of us after we beat them 3 times last year. There will probably be serveral Big Sky games on tap also. Go Sioux

I'm sure there will be at least one more big time game. We have played 2 big time programs in each of the last several seasons since the D1 transition. Also, I believe we have to go to Louisiana Tech and Longwood in a two year deal since they both came to GF last year. Hopefully we will also play South Dakota in a yearly contest. I'm sure South Dakota wants a piece of us after we beat them 3 times last year. There will probably be serveral Big Sky games on tap also. Go Sioux

In addition to travelling to La Tech & Longwood, we travel to Sacramento State. Montana comes to the Betty............

Who to cheer for the Sioux or Kansas. I've been a fan of Kansas basketball since 1988 but I do love the green and white.

I used to pull for Kansas as well. great tradition and always one of the programs that carried itself with respect and dignity.....then they hired Bill Self and he is turning them into a dirtbag program...so unfortunate.

hey bincity where u getting these game dates from? have they releasedthe full schedule or from the weekly press conference or something?

Don't have dates, just making a list....................

Coach Moody told me about Montana and Sac St.

I believe Sweeney mentioned the La Tech game during the broadcast this season when they were in GF.

NDSU, Kansas, and Longwood have been mentioned in the papers at one time or another.

Before he left, Moody also mentioned that they were trying to work something out with South Dakota, and also were having talks with a Big Sky school about an in-season home-and-home. Never heard if anything got done on either front.

We should definitely see a bump in attendance with both NDSU and Montana at home. Should be fun games to attend!

Obviously, the NDSU game will probably draw around 10,000 on its own. If they market the Montana game correctly and as heavily as they marketed the USD games the last few seasons, the Sioux Center should sell out for the Griz, or come real close...........

Where are the Montana and NDSU games going to be held?? Alerus or Ralph?

I talked to Faison after the NDSU game this year and he told me the NDSU came would more than likely be in the Alerus. Set up and practice time for the teams would take up too much time away from the hockey team (3-4 days). A sold out Ralph for basketball would have been awesome but likely not going to happen.

I talked to Faison after the NDSU game this year and he told me the NDSU came would more than likely be in the Alerus. Set up and practice time for the teams would take up too much time away from the hockey team (3-4 days). A sold out Ralph for basketball would have been awesome but likely not going to happen.

Thought the latest sounded like it would be at the Ralph. The WCHA schedule is much better defined now. If a 3 or 4 day window is available on a weekend when both hockey teams are gone, a Montana game followed two days later by NDSU would be great for attendance.

Isn't Idaho schedule to come to Grand Forks, too?

Thought the latest sounded like it would be at the Ralph. The WCHA schedule is much better defined now. If a 3 or 4 day window is available on a weekend when both hockey teams are gone, a Montana game followed two days later by NDSU would be great for attendance.

Isn't Idaho schedule to come to Grand Forks, too?

Hopefully you are correct. When I talked to Faison it was in December so possibly things have changed. Go Sioux

• 1 month later...

Since we won't be in the same conference anymore, and we may not even be playing them next year, this may not be particularly relevant to UND, but for whatever it's worth USD has suffered a major personnel loss: http://www.wissports.net/article.asp?pageID=1&newsID=21665&sportID=1

Big loss for USD.....................

He was pretty much a dagger to UND two seasons ago.

Good shooter................