SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Baker Fan Voting

WiSioux

with the 2nd half run in swing the 2nd half hobey run from our players ;)

#8 > hobey or both are cool :huh:

how about a mini hobey trophy you can customize. never have seen that before.

http://www.hobeybakerstore.com/

wheres panzer on this list :D hes due for one ;)

Last year at this time I was one of the first to say Duncan (before he got hot). This year I don't have that same feeling. Besides I think that unless things really change, its all about who gets to lose to Porter. Yup, its sad we are going to have to settle for a national title...

Last year at this time I was one of the first to say Duncan (before he got hot). This year I don't have that same feeling. Besides I think that unless things really change, its all about who gets to lose to Porter. Yup, its sad we are going to have to settle for a national title...

agree :huh:

i don't think it is the sioux's year for another hobey, but that is ok, we will take #8 instead :huh: and i think gerbe is pushing porter pretty hard for the top spot, i say it goes to one of those two. i said at the begining of the year that i thought porter would be the non-sioux factor, too bad i wasn't correct on the rest of my prediction (osh, duncs, porter hobey hat trick). who knows, if duncs or osh goes off the next few weeks, they could make a case for themselves, but it would be a tough road. as for jpl, i think it is just too tough for a goalie unless they have ryan miller stats.

i don't think it is the sioux's year for another hobey, but that is ok, we will take #8 instead :huh: and i think gerbe is pushing porter pretty hard for the top spot, i say it goes to one of those two. i said at the begining of the year that i thought porter would be the non-sioux factor, too bad i wasn't correct on the rest of my prediction (osh, duncs, porter hobey hat trick). who knows, if duncs or osh goes off the next few weeks, they could make a case for themselves, but it would be a tough road. as for jpl, i think it is just too tough for a goalie unless they have ryan miller stats.

panzer was robbed ;) 81 points and a hell of a team

oh wait

i guess a 31-5-4 with a 1.32 GAA isnt that bad ;)

i don't think it is the sioux's year for another hobey, but that is ok, we will take #8 instead :D and i think gerbe is pushing porter pretty hard for the top spot, i say it goes to one of those two. i said at the begining of the year that i thought porter would be the non-sioux factor, too bad i wasn't correct on the rest of my prediction (osh, duncs, porter hobey hat trick). who knows, if duncs or osh goes off the next few weeks, they could make a case for themselves, but it would be a tough road. as for jpl, i think it is just too tough for a goalie unless they have ryan miller stats.

Best bet for the Sioux would be Bina. Great stats, story, and popularity. The only thing would be if people held the Judy's stuff against him (of which he was never guilty as it turns out).

What would Miller's GAA have been in the WCHA? Fair question I think as we hung 6 on him if I remember correctly.

who knows and what would jeffs points be in ccha? we will never know. we scored 2 goals on miller in a shutout, not 6 in the frozen 4 semi final. man that was a great game to be at

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20010405&am...su&gender=m

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20002001/m/04/05/und-msu.php

millers GAA vs wcha teams that year was pretty good. he gave up 4 early in the season to uaa in a win. then gave up 2 to minny and 2 to sconnie both which were wins. then gave up 1 to sconnie in the regional before giving up 2 to UND in that f-4 loss. miller played all 5 of those games. not defending miller but he played well vs wcha top dogs that season. panzer was still robbed ;)

DON'T REAM ME A NEW ONE!!!!!! :D

I wonder if the Judy's incident and the elevator incident have dashed any hope of an Oshie Hobey??

i think his stats would have to be up 10 points for him to get serious consideration right now anyways and thats what is looked upon with the hobey to be at least in the top 10 or so.

I think JPL is our only legitimate shot left at the Hobey this year...and he's definitely not out of it (unless you look at fan voting, haha).

i agree but goalies need big time "ryan miller" numbers to get in that top 5 or so.......lets just roll 10 wins in a row and that will happen. throw in 2-3 more shutouts and we have ourselves a contender :D we have already won 3 in a row. whats 7 more ;)

As much as I love the Sioux, no player this year (so far) is Hobey material. I'm way more concerned about hanging number 8 than any individual accomplishments.

No Hobey, but we might get Duncs and Finley on the All-WCHA first team (Duncs is tied for 3rd in scoring and is #2 in assists). Finley has the best +/- in the league at +17 and has chipped in a GWG among his 6 points

As much as I love the Sioux, no player this year (so far) is Hobey material. I'm way more concerned about hanging number 8 than any individual accomplishments.

No Hobey, but we might get Duncs and Finley on the All-WCHA first team (Duncs is tied for 3rd in scoring and is #2 in assists). Finley has the best +/- in the league at +17 and has chipped in a GWG among his 6 points

I think sioux fans feel the same way overall. Just fun checking out the hobey voting every year

I did my part and created a facebook group... I sent it to about 4 or 5 hundred people and put it on a few other Sioux groups on facebook... some of you think facebook is funny but I can be it will pull in some results!

its only funny when its used to stalk players on who they are friends with and who they send mesages to and what they say ;) besides that its cool :D

this fan ballot is only a percentage of who really ends up in the top list for the hobey. we dont have a hobey contender as of now, that may change but for now we dont when comparing to other players numbers across the nation. hell one fan base could vote a million times for jeff frazee and it wouldnt make a difference in the end if he didnt have a hobey type season.

The Hobey voting has been rather depressing as far as numbers go... For a school with so many students, alumni, and fans in general... dude from Robert Morris should not be winning by 35,000 votes... Alot of people are beating our guys by thousands and when you look at the Ralph every weekend.... its full with almost 12,000 people so something isn't adding up here. There are quite a few students who have adjusted to voting often and voting much more than once a day... I know there are plenty of the best sioux fans around on this site so I dont see any legit reason that the numbers aren't increasing more... It's a really simple concept and everyone should vote more we are the Fighting Sioux... http://www.hobeybaker.com/voting/ with that link, you don't have to type in a verifcication code everytime you vote, just hit back and vote again...

This is the first round of voting, which doesn't even matter. Also the fact that some morons from Robert Morris are stuffing the ballot, doesn't mean we should. As of right now I don't think UND has a deserving candidate, so why should I constantly vote for a UND guy just because he's a UND guy?

This is the first round of voting, which doesn't even matter. Also the fact that some morons from Robert Morris are stuffing the ballot, doesn't mean we should. As of right now I don't think UND has a deserving candidate, so why should I constantly vote for a UND guy just because he's a UND guy?

Why should I have to give reasons to vote for a UND guy... big whoop you don't feel like anyone deserves it thats not my point... as a und fan and guy with like 5,000 posts on siouxsports you obviously have time to waste on the internet so why even bother trying to be an opposite... or a smartass like brain