SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are in the third place games. there could be a tie in the wcha third place game as well.

Yes, Miami and Northern Michigan tie in the 3rd place game in the CCHA tourney. Kind of the same scenario with Notre Dame and Northern Michigan, if they meet in the 3rd place game.

there are in the third place games. there could be a tie in the wcha third place game as well.

wow, didnt know that. thanks for the info. is that so the title games dont get delayed like crazy or just because?

No Wisconsin at their own regional. ;) ;) :D :D :D If you get placed there, don't buy tickets ahead of time. They will be giving tickets away at the Kohl Center.

Like 1998 all over again.

I suggest that UND set up a keggar "as near as possible to premises" so as to recruit red and white fans for the weekend.

"Beer, the original miracle worker."

No Wisconsin at their own regional. ;) ;) :D :D :D If you get placed there, don't buy tickets ahead of time. They will be giving tickets away at the Kohl Center.

Not if the Gophers are shipped there. The Badger faithful will show up in droves to cheer for anyone playing the brown and yeller.

All this b.s. about how well the Gopher faithful travel. Last weekend, they are on the road, eighty miles from their home base, having to pay $14 a ticket, and the arena still doesn't sell out? Pathetic. For the fan bases of both teams.

Badger fans will rather burn their tickets than to let them go cheap to the Minnesota faithful. Or should I say, faithless . . . .

Not if the Gophers are shipped there. The Badger faithful will show up in droves to cheer for anyone playing the brown and yeller.

All this b.s. about how well the Gopher faithful travel. Last weekend, they are on the road, eighty miles from their home base, having to pay $14 a ticket, and the arena still doesn't sell out? Pathetic. For the fan bases of both teams.

Badger fans will rather burn their tickets than to let them go cheap to the Minnesota faithful. Or should I say, faithless . . . .

Both games were sold out. Friday didn't look like it because Mankato failed to release some tickets to Ticketmaster and ended up eating those tickets, thinking they'd sell them at the gate, that's why you saw huge empty spots. At different times of different nights there were no tickets availabe. Spring break also doesn't help...

Because third place games don't matter. ;)

;)

Might as well not matter if you can tie.

NExt thing you know, after the third place game they'll make the teams stand at the blue lines and hand out "Honorable Mention" Ribbons to the fourth place teams and "Bronze" metals to the third place team.

There has to be a reason why Hak is putting Miller on the top line, my belief is that with Trupper out we are looking for another scoring threat on the third line, and that's why we've been using Kozek there.

Hak has to be thinking about how to put pressure on other teams latter defensive pairings. If I'm playing the Sioux, I am doing all that I can to match my best d-pair up on the Oshie line.

That last line change ability is huge in the NCAAs. Gotta keep the legs fresh while still managing the matchup. CC has a nice advantage in being able to put the big Rau line out against a team's third d-pairing at Owens' discretion.

This is also an advantage for SCSU vs MN, although it didn't benefit MSU-M this past weekend.

There has to be a reason why Hak is putting Miller on the top line, my belief is that with Trupper out we are looking for another scoring threat on the third line, and that's why we've been using Kozek there.

Hak has to be thinking about how to put pressure on other teams latter defensive pairings. If I'm playing the Sioux, I am doing all that I can to match my best d-pair up on the Oshie line.

That last line change ability is huge in the NCAAs. Gotta keep the legs fresh while still managing the matchup. CC has a nice advantage in being able to put the big Rau line out against a team's third d-pairing at Owens' discretion.

This is also an advantage for SCSU vs MN, although it didn't benefit MSU-M this past weekend.

During the pre-game on Sunday (or maybe it was post-game - was a long weekend and it's getting tough to keep all the different pre - post comments straight), Tim asked Hak about the move and he talked about Kozek not producing like he wanted him to (which personally I don't agree with - but he makes the lines) and the move was about trying to get Kozek to produce more. I guess Kozek had 5 shots on goal on Sunday night and although none went in he did seem to get more rubber to the net.

If Bucky hoops is in the sweet sixteen few if any will even realize their hockey team didn't make the tourney. I'd bet nobody is refused at $15 per ticket.

I realize that we have little chance of flipping the Mich or New Hampshire ratings, but flipping CC and putting us into a #1 and CC into a #2 still leave the danger of being shipped to the springs. I still would love it if both CC and the Sioux could both get #1 seeds to avoid that regional match-up. CC has been so tough at home and I also would love to see both CC and UND advance to the Frozen Four.

Scanlan said this move lets Dunc switch wings.

Scanlan said this move lets Dunc switch wings.

Hakstol said on the radio after the game on Sunday night that Kozek only had something like 4-5 shots over the past 3-5 games. Kozek is a shooter, he needs to shoot more. His shot is crazy good and hard. He had 5 in Sunday's game alone.

Hakstol made it sound like it was more of a wake-up call to Kozek than it was to benefit Duncan.