SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MSU

AZSIOUX

Bold Prediction for Friday night!

1st shift that Kaip and Bruess get on the ice at the same time they throw down and Kaip gives him the beat down he couldn't last year!

In that case I gotta buy the webcast. Friday night is the night for fighting because if you match up with someone of your approximate skill level you don't hurt your team Saturday. :D

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case I gotta buy the webcast. Friday night is the night for fighting because if you match up with someone of your approximate skill level you don't hurt your team Saturday. :D

i don't think it will be first shift, but i don't see kaiper letting bruess off the hook for his cheapshot haymakers last season. if it is a close game, and will hurt the team, kaip won't do it. he is all about the team and is why he wears the "c". but if we are rolling over them, like i think we will, don't think hak has forgot what happened, and i am pretty sure he may put kaip's line out there against bruess' line at the appropriate time. i didn't go digging through the entire topic, so does anyone know if there is tv coverage for this weekend, or will i have to break down and get the webcast? any help without the "did you look two pages earlier" is appreciated.

i don't think it will be first shift, but i don't see kaiper letting bruess off the hook for his cheapshot haymakers last season. if it is a close game, and will hurt the team, kaip won't do it. he is all about the team and is why he wears the "c". but if we are rolling over them, like i think we will, don't think hak has forgot what happened, and i am pretty sure he may put kaip's line out there against bruess' line at the appropriate time. i didn't go digging through the entire topic, so does anyone know if there is tv coverage for this weekend, or will i have to break down and get the webcast? any help without the "did you look two pages earlier" is appreciated.

Was thinking the same thing. I think UND comes out flying, gets a comfortable lead 4 or 5 goal lead and then Hak unleshes the dogs as the game winds down! MSU the epitome of classlessness when it come to college hockey! And as a storied program, we don't take kindly to that!

I am all in on the Sioux laying down a whupping on the Maverick clowns. If the players take care of things on the ice, I'll pull Jutting over the glass and into the crowd and wipe that silly smirk off of his face for no extra charge of admission.

BTW, what exactly is the WCHA rule on fighting? As I understand, one fight, miss one game, two fights, miss two games, three fights, done for your career. Is this true, and does one get a "clean slate" of fights each season, or do they carry over one season to the next.

I am all in on the Sioux laying down a whupping on the Maverick clowns. If the players take care of things on the ice, I'll pull Jutting over the glass and into the crowd and wipe that silly smirk off of his face for no extra charge of admission.

BTW, what exactly is the WCHA rule on fighting? As I understand, one fight, miss one game, two fights, miss two games, three fights, done for your career. Is this true, and does one get a "clean slate" of fights each season, or do they carry over one season to the next.

Three fights, done for the season.

Three fights, done for the season.

Didn't the WCHA go to the NCAA standards. Three fights done for the season was the old rule. I think they went to three fights done for 3 or 4 games.......

But at some point it doesn't make too much difference as the season isn't that long.

Didn't the WCHA go to the NCAA standards. Three fights done for the season was the old rule. I think they went to three fights done for 3 or 4 games.......

But at some point it doesn't make too much difference as the season isn't that long.

Ahhh...looks like you are correct. From the 2006-08 Men's & Women's Ice Hockey Rules and Interpretations:

The progressive game-disqualification structure shall be:

1. First disqualification penalty

Was thinking the same thing. I think UND comes out flying, gets a comfortable lead 4 or 5 goal lead and then Hak unleshes the dogs as the game winds down! MSU the epitome of classlessness when it come to college hockey! And as a storied program, we don't take kindly to that!

I'm sorry, but isn't sending guys out to fight just because you have a lead (and want "revenge") just as classless?

I think the guys need to keep emotions under control as much as possible. Piss off the Mavs by NOT fighting, because you know they will want to, and try to, once they go down by 4 or 5 goals.

I'm sorry, but isn't sending guys out to fight just because you have a lead (and want "revenge") just as classless?

I think the guys need to keep emotions under control as much as possible. Piss off the Mavs by NOT fighting, because you know they will want to, and try to, once they go down by 4 or 5 goals.

if it happens it happens, you dont go looking for it at all but oh well if it does

Snappy names aside, that trio really intrigues me.

someone call hak and let him know this may work :huh: also we need a healthy lapoint in order to make ths work with genoway playing forward. we are all brilliant, all of us ;)

I wll be driving between Grand Forks and Minneapolis on Friday evening (on my way to Green Bay!!!) does anyone know offhand whether or not I'll be able to find the game on the radio at all along the way? I can probably pick up a Grand Forks station, a Fargo station (?), but is there anything else between there and Mankato that will carry it?

someone call hak and let him know this may work ;) also we need a healthy lapoint in order to make ths work with genoway playing forward. we are all brilliant, all of us ;)

I'm sending my dad over to the coaches show tonight to make sure Hakstol is on board with our decision! :huh:

Have you seen the Mavs play over the past few years?? If we are fortunate to be up by 4-5 goals, it will get chippy and UND will not have started it, but this time I think UND will end it based off of last year's garbage. So would that be classless--your call? Revengeful--maybe? I don't advocate fighting for fighting, but if the Mavs try anything, I don't see our guys taking it this weekend.

i think sending guys out to fight just because you are getting your a$$ kicked or are up a few is classless. i think kaip's situation is different, i think the purple cows did exatly that last year, and it cost a couple of our guys a game. kaip restrained because he knew it would cost him two all important games, so ended up letting the purple cow tee off on him. i think if kaip challenges him, it will be some self policing to keep some honor in the game and fighting in particular, and i think it wouldn't hurt the teams morale and momentum either. my humble opinion on it. i do enjoy a good hockey fight once in a while, i think it can be a good thing for the game. at least it is toe to toe, face to face, not some pu$$y (pardon the language) cheap crap like slashing or cfb, that happens all the time by the way, and can seriously hurt someone. edit: the crosscheck to the osh's hip at du that had him limited for over a month... that is classless, sorry had to finish my rant

Our team appears to have just turned the corner and is finding their stride. I suspect Hakstol won't be wanting anybody to go out for a DQ right now unless they absolutely have to. There's no reason to try and change the team's fortunes by getting into an indiscriminate scrap aka Kaip last year. This time the team is starting to build momentum. You don't want to mess that up by having one of your key guys getting into a fight.

That said, if the Mavs push things too far the Sioux may finish it. But until that point I wouldn't expect to see Sioux players doing any instigating.

Our team appears to have just turned the corner and is finding their stride. I suspect Hakstol won't be wanting anybody to go out for a DQ right now unless they absolutely have to. There's no reason to try and change the team's fortunes by getting into an indiscriminate scrap aka Kaip last year. This time the team is starting to build momentum. You don't want to mess that up by having one of your key guys getting into a fight.

That said, if the Mavs push things too far the Sioux may finish it. But until that point I wouldn't expect to see Sioux players doing any instigating.

Agree and 2 Ws are the most important aspect to the weekend, but... :D

I wll be driving between Grand Forks and Minneapolis on Friday evening (on my way to Green Bay!!!) does anyone know offhand whether or not I'll be able to find the game on the radio at all along the way? I can probably pick up a Grand Forks station, a Fargo station (?), but is there anything else between there and Mankato that will carry it?

Mankato's KTOE streams their games. It's at 1420 AM, so maybe you can pick that up?