16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--14 Brad Miller

19 Evan Trupp--11 Darcy Zajac--21 Matt Frattin

26 Kyle Radke--22 Brad Malone--15 Brent Davidson :blush:

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Scratches: Andrew Kozek, Derrick LaPoint, Michael Forney and Ryan Martens.

Michigan Tech's lines

9 Malcolm Gwilliam--14 Peter Rouleau--23 Tyler Shelast

11 Jordan Foote--22 Jordan Baker--19 Jimmy Kerr

28 Derek Kitti--13 Ryan Angelow--21 Ryan Bunger

16 Bennett Royer--18 Alex Gagne--27 Justin St. Louis

12 Geoff Kinrade--10 John Schwarz

4 Mark Malekoff--5 Drew Dobson

26 Deron Cousens--8 Mike Vanwagner

37 Rob Nolan

29 Michael-Lee Teslak

guess a wake up call for kozek? or did he get bagned up last night?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, Davidson is big (6'4 224), but his past two seasons (the only stats I found) don't really make him seem like that big of a thug.

Two years ago: 53 games, 17 PIMs

Last Year: 59 games, 54 PIMs.

Why does everybody seem to think he would pound on somebody?

just havin some fun

Hakstol pre-game comments:

We got a few bounces last night, but I think we earned those bounces. The goals we scored, we scored 4 different ways. One was a great play, one was off a great cycle, one with distraction, one with a bounce. On Watkins goal, Kaip was distracting Nolan pretty good.

I thought Radke brought a good presence to us when we needed it.

Genoway likes to make plays. He hates to give the puck away without making a play. Last night, he chipped in a few pucks that ended up in good cycles for us. Sometimes, you have to do that.

There were some pucks that bounced wide and were blocked in front for them, but overall, we limited the quality of opportunities that they had. You have to work hard to do that against Tech. They drive hard and are tenacious in front of the net.

We have to play with an edge tonight. Have to play with an intensity level, but know where the line is. On one end, you're asking for high intensity play, but at the same time, you're asking them to show control.

You try to read where the line is at on any given night and you have to go play wherever that is. We won the specialty team war last night, and that will be big again tonight.

Tech's a team that's ever going to go away. They play hard for 60 minutes. I think getting the 4th goal last night took a little out of them, but I have a lot of respect for Tech. They play hard and with a lot of respect.

Davidson in, Kozek out. Andrew didn't feel 100% last night, and he still wasn't feeling it today. We feel we can't have that, and we feel that we have to give Davidson an opportunity. He's worked hard. He'll be excited to get in the lineup tonight, and I know the guys will be excited to have him in it.

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

UND's lines

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--14 Brad Miller

19 Evan Trupp--11 Darcy Zajac--21 Matt Frattin

26 Kyle Radke--22 Brad Malone--15 Brent Davidson :D

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Scratches: Andrew Kozek, Derrick LaPoint, Michael Forney and Ryan Martens.

Michigan Tech's lines

9 Malcolm Gwilliam--14 Peter Rouleau--23 Tyler Shelast

11 Jordan Foote--22 Jordan Baker--19 Jimmy Kerr

28 Derek Kitti--13 Ryan Angelow--21 Ryan Bunger

16 Bennett Royer--18 Alex Gagne--27 Justin St. Louis

12 Geoff Kinrade--10 John Schwarz

4 Mark Malekoff--5 Drew Dobson

26 Deron Cousens--8 Mike Vanwagner

37 Rob Nolan

29 Michael-Lee Teslak

That 4th line looks great, run them out first shift. Send the Tekne's a message right from jump, we pounded you last night, tonight we're just going to hurt you. Pain, lots and lots of pain.

Anyone else watch that video of the Wisco goal that was STOLEN by the WCHA mafia? Holy screw job, Batman!! One usally has to spent a night in prison to get jobbed that bad. No wonder Menver is in 1st place.

That's the second time this year that Denver has benefited from the Ref's lack of ability to call a game. Big points on the line, and oh yes, how convenient that the Regional is in Colorado this year!

I'm surprised about the hook on Kozek. Even when he isn't doing anything I at least have faith that he MIGHT do something. I don't have that same kind of faith in some of the others (insert Miller here).

Hak's pregame he said Kozek wasn't feeling well, not sure if it was flu bug or if he took a shot in the gut that hadn't quite healed up. Don't think it was a quality of play issue.

Totally agree with your Miller comments, still waiting for that "breakout" from him. I guess he has a year and half left.