SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICH TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they'd show a replay, I missed it. Was it a clean hit?

I thought it was charging personally. He came in from the blue line with a full head of steam and never really let up. Don't feel sorry for Dobson, but I know if it happened to one of our guys, I'd want a call.

Oshie blows the horn on the "PAYBACK EXPRESS" and sends Dobson to the ice. And just think 'Dobs', you make it back on the ice again tonight and Mr. Finley would like to see you in the corner. Better back your big boy pants if you're going to take cheap shots against the Sioux. Paybacks are a beeeoch!

Why do think that was charging. I saw the replay and Oshie didn't leave his feet. I think Dobson was too busy admiring his shootout instead of preparing for the inevitable - a clean Sioux hit.

Since when do you have to leave your feet to have it be charging? Yes, leaving your feet makes it more of a clear charging call, but the rule book doesn't state you have to leave your feet. As I stated, he came in from the blue line with a full head of steam, never appearing to let up, which is charging.

How do you like that for skill from the Grit line. Davidsson could truly be the diamond in the rough we have been hearing about.

He sure looked like it on that shift and so far tonight! Just bowling people over to get to the puck. Hell of a goal!

Since when do you have to leave your feet to have it be charging? Yes, leaving your feet makes it more of a clear charging call, but the rule book doesn't state you have to leave your feet. As I stated, he came in from the blue line with a full head of steam, never appearing to let up, which is charging.

Charging

SECTION 6. a. A player shall not skate more than two steps or jump into or

charge an opponent. Charging is the action of a player, who as a result

of distance traveled, checks an opponent violently in any manner from

the front or side.

I expected a big presence from Radke tonight, but I didn't really expect that to include a goal.

Great start...did Davidson get an assist? I think that'd be his first point as a Sioux

He didn't get the assist but he probably did the most work in the Husky end that led to it.

Charging

SECTION 6. a. A player shall not skate more than two steps or jump into or

charge an opponent. Charging is the action of a player, who as a result

of distance traveled, checks an opponent violently in any manner from

the front or side.

Exactly, Oshie had a full head of steam but he was no longer taking strides nor did he leave his feet hence Clean Hit.

Motzabal is losing his mind to the refs right now. This must be quite the contest, which one of those coaches can whine MORE at the stripes. The stripe have it all cocked up, 5+ minute delay in the game and they don't know who is supposed to be in the box.