SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICH TECH

AZSIOUX

Things were clicking tonight - best I've seen them - Hak is close to all the right combos ;)

I even spilled my beer when Radke almost went BEZERK :)

Watkins & Trupp were looking good - Vande was solid - even Chorney was Hot (he has a rocket & with more confidence will be back where we expected him to be)

I'd almost like to see Duncan on a new line (something to get him in the right places at the right time- almost trying too hard now)

Every game we get to see Oshie is special - no other player dominates, like he does)

Finley another great game

& MTC hardly had any shots in the second & 1/2 way thru the third (& Lammy stayed awake :blush: )

No one is going to want to play us down the stretch :lol:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say he was bad. He played hard. Just didn't have anything to show for it.

More than anything else, I think Hak wants to spark the other lines by moving Vande down, and Kaip, too. Maybe if Miller keeps playing this hard, he will show his potential, after all.

I keep hoping he's going to finally show up, but when he plays on that line with TJ and Dunc it really shows he's still not reached full potential. His fast as hell speed gets you excited, but then he just can't finish it with a goal or a nice dish. Maybe another game with them and he'll get up to speed, but his college career is running out. It would be nice to see him catch fire and be the VandeVelde of this year's stretch run.

Tonight was special for me, because I finally see signs from UND that they may have the scrappiness it takes to win in the playoffs. Obviously, they still have a lot to prove (a !$*%& SWEEP would be nice), but the way they are cycling the puck, and then kicking it out quickly to the crease, is very encouraging. Plus, I saw guys playing to win tonight. Not just showing up and expecting (ala UM) things to go their way.

Play hard and have the right character - and nothing can stop you. That was the directive going into this season. Will UND be able to live up to the hype after all? We shall see.

I wouldn't say he was bad. He played hard. Just didn't have anything to show for it.

More than anything else, I think Hak wants to spark the other lines by moving Vande down, and Kaip, too. Maybe if Miller keeps playing this hard, he will show his potential, after all.

He's mdway thru his Jr. year - he better hurry.

Very strong game. Just a nice solid 60 minute game out there.

Oshie's getting a lot of attention out there.

I thought Miller played well. Give him a bit of time on that line and the goals probably will start going in.

Anyone see why Lammy went down in the third period there? Was he trying to draw one or was he actually stung. I almost had the impression that a teammate might have run into him but didn't see it.

The Sioux appeared a lot quicker tonight than last weekend. I had to watch it on tv surrounded by lots of SCSU and U of M fans at a bar in St.Cloud. I was thankful they had the Sioux game on in one corner of the place. Things are looking good. Teams are starting to pick it up now as the season rolls on. Go Sioux! Anyone have an update other than 3-2 Denver in the third?

Was sitting right behind Radke when the tech guy pulled his head off (I guess Hak is making him shorten his chin strap a little after last year). I thought he was going to kill the guy. The look on his face was scary. Campion let tech get away with so much early in the game that they just kept trying to take more and the Sioux were really getting pissed about it. I was sure the game was going to get really out of hand, but when the AR called that penalty it seemed to wake Campion up a little that even if he wasn't going to call it, someone was. The AR also had his hand up a couple of other times during the game and when Campion would see it his arm would go up too. Campion is just a bad ref. This game had the potential to get real ugly and tomorrow night has that potential too. Personally I think Hak should just let Radke go at will and we'll see who's standing at the end. I would be willing to bet it would be Radke. :blush:

A sweep now heading down to Mankato would be nice. I got tickets for that series the other day. Not much left in terms of tickets however. Should be a great sea of green flowing south to Mankato next weekend. Get the sweep Sioux this weekend Sioux!

One other thing I was thinking while watching TJ, Duncs, Trupp et al give piggyback rides all night is that if I was one of the AAA midgets star players watching these guys get manhandled with no penalties being called I might think twice about wanting to play in the WCHA. :blush: Kinda takes the fun out of things if you don't get to really play.

One other thing I was thinking while watching TJ, Duncs, Trupp et al give piggyback rides all night is that if I was one of the AAA midgets star players watching these guys get manhandled with no penalties being called I might think twice about wanting to play in the WCHA. :blush: Kinda takes the fun out of things if you don't get to really play.

Campion couldn't make it as a referee in the old All Star Wrestling.

I was really hoping for a Miami loss to UNO. With how weak Miami's schedule is, it will only take a loss or two to really hurt their PWR.

I watched this game, Miami did not impress. UNO could have easily taken this game in the 3rd, so hopefully the mavs can get one tomorrow. As far as other CCHA news goes, I saw Michigan in Omaha a few months ago and they were scary fast, they are legit. CCHA is boring, but according to the media here they are the most dominate conference in college hockey. We'll see when a deserving WCHA squad gets left out of the tourney and the top tier of the CCHA falls in the first round.

Anyone see why Lammy went down in the third period there? Was he trying to draw one or was he actually stung. I almost had the impression that a teammate might have run into him but didn't see it.
Happened right in front of me: a Techie came out of nowhere and just flat-out bowled Lammy over! I think JPL may have done a full gainer in the air. Obviously not a single set of striped-shirt eyes saw it. My kids looked at me like "did you see that?" and I looked at the dude sitting next to me and he never even had a clue that it had occurred.

Lamoureux limped for a couple minutes after that, and I think some of the rough stuff from the Sioux was in retaliation of the hit. It was deliberate, and had nothing to do with the action, which had gone almost to the blue line by that point. Aside from the dude who hit Lammy, there wasn't another skater within 15 feet of him. :blush:

I don't get Miller with Osh and Duncan. With Osh in the middle he will be the playmaker - Miller is not the finisher needed with that line. He was setup several times and did not cash in. He was very ordinary tonight.

Agree about Miller. He just isn't nearly as effective on the smaller ice. Why not give Forney a shot? And for that matter Martens has looked better in my opinion than Miller so far.

Overall great effort and win last night especially defensively.

Last night was the Chorney that UND needs game in and game out--rock solid!!

Happened right in front of me: a Techie came out of nowhere and just flat-out bowled Lammy over! I think JPL may have done a full gainer in the air. Obviously not a single set of striped-shirt eyes saw it. My kids looked at me like "did you see that?" and I looked at the dude sitting next to me and he never even had a clue that it had occurred.

Lamoureux limped for a couple minutes after that, and I think some of the rough stuff from the Sioux was in retaliation of the hit. It was deliberate, and had nothing to do with the action, which had gone almost to the blue line by that point. Aside from the dude who hit Lammy, there wasn't another skater within 15 feet of him. :blush:

Thanks. Maybe that's a call you get if you don't have a reputation of diving. Course who knows what Campion's going to call from one minute to the next?

Thanks a ton to everyone who offered help to me last night. I got an email back saying I had something set up wrong on my media player. Anyway, thanks Sioux Fans!!

By the way, has anyone seen the replay on that disallowed goal in Denver last night? What an absolute joke. How do you waive that off?:blush: Let them decide it on the ice in OT if it honestly is that close. The video that I saw certainly made it look like a goal. The on ice officials signal goal. What on God's earth were they thinking up in the booth! If it were the Sioux, I would come unglued. Imagine if it were a playoff game where loser goes home!

Thanks a ton to everyone who offered help to me last night. I got an email back saying I had something set up wrong on my media player. Anyway, thanks Sioux Fans!!

By the way, has anyone seen the replay on that disallowed goal in Denver last night? What an absolute joke. How do you waive that off?:blush: Let them decide it on the ice in OT if it honestly is that close. The video that I saw certainly made it look like a goal. The on ice officials signal goal. What on God's earth were they thinking up in the booth! If it were the Sioux, I would come unglued. Imagine if it were a playoff game where loser goes home!

The Wisconsin goal was clearly a goal. Amazing that it got waived off.