SiouxSports.com Forum

25 year old Canadians at UND

petey23

One of my favorite players.

sweet, thats great to know..... now go back to GPL and mention that ss seems to know everything about the gophers, how about many of us enjoy college hockey and especially the WCHA and talk about it no matter who the hell it is.

My first thought was "Bob Iwabuchi" is to blame!! Then I looked up the roster from the '79-'80 team...

Linky

...according to this...TRAVIS DUNN was 32 when he played at UND? :D;) Now THAT'S an old Canadian! ;)

That has to be a misprint, that would make him 12-13 years older than his team mates.

He had to pick up groceries and his kids on the way home from practice :D

Maybe he was a walk-on. He only played two years...is it posible this guy was really 32 years old? He's on the 1979 roster as a 31 year old.

That is incredibly old to be playing in the WCHA. I tried goggling him but all I got was some lawyer from OKC.

He had to pick up groceries and his kids on the way home from practice :D

Maybe he was a walk-on. He only played two years...is it posible this guy was really 32 years old? He's on the 1979 roster as a 31 year old.

I don't think he's that old. He married Rose Brunsvold (spelling) who was anchor for WDAZ.

The Travis Dunn thing is a misprint. He did hold a record for the Sioux at one time and I think Mitch Vig either tied it or surpassed it. The record is for most games to start a Sioux career without a goal.

For the record

Jason Blake was 23 when he won a national title at UND, he was 25 his senior season, but did have a transfer year.

Steve Debus was a 25 year old Junior for Minnesota and had he stuck around for his 4th season he would have been a little over 8 years older than his would be back-up Adam Hauser.

Dan Woog was a 25 year old senior for the Gophers.

I don't think he's that old. He married Rose Brunsvold (spelling) who was anchor for WDAZ.

There's no way that he was 31 years old in 1979. Travis and Rose would come into the Hub in downtown GF when I was a bartender there a few years ago. Really nice people, and he would tell us some stories from his playing days at UND. But he looks like he's in his mid-40s, not almost 60. ;)

sweet, thats great to know..... now go back to GPL and mention that ss seems to know everything about the gophers, how about many of us enjoy college hockey and especially the WCHA and talk about it no matter who the hell it is.

Two suggestions - don't drink and post, and lighten up. :D

Only drink when you golf right? ;) Hum, I still remember that post.

man was that a day, 115 degree heat during a 10 am golf tourney mixed with tall boy grey goose red bulls....havent had the taste for those since....well maybe new years eve.....can you say heatstroke ;)

with tall boy grey goose red bulls.... havent had the taste for those since....well maybe new years eve.....can you say heatstroke :D

I could see how one might not want to drink those again. I like Alcohol because its relaxing Red Bull is not relaxing LOL ;)

Just the right amount of booze keeps the drives in the fairway. ;)