SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Fighting Sioux Hockey Moment of 2007

mikeypat15

80 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite moment of 2007

• TAMING A SEAWOLF: Rylan Kaip beats up UAA's Chad Anderson-January 13th
    • FREEZING FRAZEE: Robbie Bina scores a 180 footer-January 27th
    • LET'S DANCE: Sioux and Maverick players settle there differences in the final minute-February 9th
    • TJ OVECHKIN: Oshie makes an Alexander Ovechkin like pass to Duncan for the goal against Denver-February 23rd
    • WRAPAROUND SIOUX: Captain Chris Porter stuffs the puck in goal during OT to send the Sioux back to the Frozen Four, and the Gophers back home-March 25th
    • PHIL GOES GREEN: Lamoureux makes a windmill save against Boston College-April 5th
    • HOBEY DUNCAN: Ryan Duncan wins the Hobey Baker Memorial Award, only the 2nd UND player ever to receive the award-April 6th
    • POUNDING PROSSER: TJ Oshie lays out CC's Nate Prosser in a chase for the puck-November 2nd
    • MAD IN MADISON: A scrum towards the end of the Sioux's 3-1 win over the Badgers includes a smiling Kaip, and Jones fending off two Badgers. The coaches even exchanged words at the end of the game-November 10th
    • IT'S MILLER TIME: Brad Miller scores a goal while on the bench, when a pass deflects of a UMD skate and into the net-November 23rd

Early in the voting, but so far I am the only vote for Duncan's Hober Baker win.

Being there at the ceremony, with the MC saying "The winner of the 2007 Hober Baker" is.......you could hardly breathe. I just wanted to stand up and scream at the top of my lungs "RYAN DUNCAN"!!!!!!! When he finally did say his name there was a HUGE outburst of screams and applause in the arena. That very moment was so full of emotion (maybe it's a Mom thing), but you just couldn't wipe the smile off your face. That was so awesome.

first off - hell of a great thread!!

i voted for hobey duncan, i saw it in person which was a nice pick me up form the thursday night loss to BC, great choices...

gotta love the 180 footer and the porter wrap around special, no explanation needed

Wraparound Sioux. The Porter goal was so amazing given the fact that they just beat us in the Final Five on a fluke goal and they thought they were good. I was in the Minneapolis airport at a bar in the airport with all my Sioux gear on with about a dozen other Gopher fans. I couldn't have been happier all year.

(PS, I HATE BC)

There were so many good choices though. Awesome list.

I have a question, what about Robbie Bina's 170ft goal against the goofs? I have seen it on youtube a couple of times & show it to a few friends & those friends of mine were suprise by that goal.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

thats option #2, freezing frazee

I have a question, what about Robbie Bina's 170ft goal against the goofs? I have seen it on youtube a couple of times & show it to a few friends & those friends of mine were suprise by that goal.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

I would put that number two on list...

going back to the bc loss in st louis, tj oshies shorty backhand goal was pretty damn sweet. he chased the play and the puck behind the goal, fornced the turnover and burried it. i wouldnt put it in your list as thats a great list of plays but that plays stands out to me, he had another i believe just like that vs michigan 2 games earlier in the regional

All in all, it was a pretty D@## good year.

I voted for team glory, and the West Regional final, Porter's GWG.

But Duncan's Hobey struck a chord, and I think it's because he epitomizes the qualities we like to see in North Dakota hockey players. I expected to be part of a crowd of a maybe a couple hundred, but it was at least a couple thousand. More UND fans obviously than anyone else, and that added to the atmosphere. Wonderful, wonderful moment, that I am still savoring. It couldn't happen to a better guy than Ryan Duncan.

going back to the bc loss in st louis, tj oshies shorty backhand goal was pretty damn sweet. he chased the play and the puck behind the goal, fornced the turnover and burried it. i wouldnt put it in your list as thats a great list of plays but that plays stands out to me, he had another i believe just like that vs michigan 2 games earlier in the regional

I actually had a couple more but there are only ten options. I contimplated the 6-0 beating of MSU, that one I would have titled happy new year. I also looked at the emotional roller coaster against michigan, and that goal against bc.

Porter's goal to send us to St. Louis is my favorite Sioux goal......ever.

my favorite is the game winning goal over BC in the 2000 frozen 4 by jason ulmer from lee goren. the porter goal is in my top 5 for sure!

favorite moment in a losing matter is the blaiser pulls the goalie 2 times with 4 1/2 minuted left in the 2001 title game and the whole stadium went from party time to you could here a pin drop expect for the sioux fans, but then it was party time in OT for them :D

Not to under estimate what Duncan did last year winning the Hobey and all I voted for Porters winning goal over the hated rodents.Anytime you send the rodents back to their holes for the year it will always be top dog to me.More importantly it got the SIOUX back to the Frozen Four.Great thread by the way.

all pretty awesome choices, i had to go with kaiper getting the second half started for the sioux. i don't think the team woud have come together the way they did without that fight, plus to see him smiling and high fiving coming off the ice was pretty sweet :D porter's wrap around was a close second, but i don't think they would have even been there had it not been for that one moment/series by kaip and the sioux team finally playing as one.

Does it have to be something from an actual Fighting Sioux Hockey event? I'd like to vote for the insane Toews goal on Oct. 19th when the Blackhawks played the Avalanche...I know it's a stretch but that was sweet and made me proud he was a former Sioux...

probably should be a play in a sioux uniform :lol: great play by jonny though

Thats funny AZSIOUX.

I played that video and learned that my 10 year old daughter can sing along with Vanilla Ice. :lol: She didn't get it from me.

:lol: im guessing i was 8-9 years old when that came out and probably had the tape, i think many in my age bracket can all sing along which ill admit :D