SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

Dang right, now they are even getting 5 minute powerplays without getting checked from behind. Who do we get this weekend Sheppard?

Yeah that 5 min major against Tech was total BS. I was watching that game, it was a clean hit and was not from behind.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that 5 min major against Tech was total BS. I was watching that game, it was a clean hit and was not from behind.

Don't forget the goal that was waved off... That was by far one of the weakest that I have seen in Hockey for a long time.

Did fat boy Dubay really make that comment? He is such a loser. He is totally the jock sniffer from high school. The man goes and gets bariatric surgery and still has that wimpy fat boy face.

At least he doesn't have to live in GF? Well, last I heard neither do the 50,000 residents of the city, they choose to live there. I grew up in GF, but I have lived in MN for the last 13 years, with the last 11 in the metro. The metro is a good place to live for a young professional, lots of opportunity. It is by know means Shangri La (not referring to the now defunct Chinese restaurant).

People, whether by circumstance or opportunity choose to make their lives all over this country. If Dubay chose to knock my home town, I would like to knock him on his wimpy fat boy a$$. I am not blinded by the fact that a metro area of 3 million has more of everything than a college/agriculture/healthcare regional little city, but puffy face needs to show a little respect.

I am going to call him a pear-shaped, wimpy, fat-face one more time for good measure :lol:

You just went on a rant and called Dubay different names more than 5 times....and you think he owes somebody some respect?

It goes both ways.

They just can't believe that a little town half the size of Bloomington in a state with 1/6th the population of the just the Twin cities metropolitan area alone (and a school with 5x the enrollment of UND) can compete with the mighty University of MinnyMystery so they throw cheap and ignorant comments out.

At least Grand Forks (or North Dakota for that matter) doesn't

1. have cops shooting cops with machine guns

2. driver license exams given in 6 differant languages

3. racial unrest - even in the police department

4. more murders in No. Mpls in a week than the whole state of ND in a year.

5. traffic problems of biblical proportion

6. and - contrary to goph fans popular belief - exponentially more mullets - which I guess is supposed to signify lack of sophistication (not even going close to their Hitler youth thing - but the closest chapter to GF is here)

Siouxguy, What does the enrollment of a school have to do with anything? Its not like this is high school where you pick your guys from enrollment of the school. Every school recruits there players from everywhere not just from school boundaries.

Its Gopher vs. Sioux week again. My favorite week of the year, regular season that is. Looking forward to visiting the GF again. When I saw this weekend on the schedule I was thinking a 1 vs. 2 match up in the WCHA standings. Our teams, so far, have struggled to reach pre-season expectations. However, I think we can all agree we have the same interest in this series. I hope to see some of you there, I will be in 111 second row with my wife and some UND fan friends of ours. Good luck and I hope both teams come out of this healthy. Here is to a stupid penaly on Finley(un justified I am sure :lol: ) leading to a Gordon goal and a victory on Friday. See you at Mariucci West!

Hoping for a split, preparing for a sweep.

Dang, that was a fun night of hockey! :D

definitely the best hockey game i have ever seen.

on a side note, i think that und will fair well this weekend. im not just saying that because im a sioux fan, but i have a feeling that und will hit their stride earlier this season. i would say that und will get 2 points out for sure...but i wouldnt be surprised to see a sweep. i say a split is likely because the gophers are still potentially lethal. they are going to be pumped for this series.

I hold everyone in the utmost respect until they choose to disrespect myself or something that I hold dear. Once that line is crossed, the person is subject to my full and complete attention. Why should I respect Jeff Dubay when he allegedly makes derogatory comments against my home town? I don't rip other people's hometowns in order to get a rise out of them or make myself feel berrer. In fact, polite conversation and manners would suggest that you speak highly of another's hometown even if it is different than how you truly feel. He doesn't like Grand Forks? I don't like fat boys who speak out of line.

I don't like the Gophers, but I respect their hockey program, and would not bash it in a manner other than good-sporting fun. There are parts of the metro that I don't like, but I wouldn't look at one of my friends who bought a house in one of those towns and insult the city they've chosen to live in.

Enough about Jeff Dubay.

I think this series is going to be a lot tighter than everyone thinks. Remember, the Goofs took CC to OT. They lost, but they still went to OT

ahh geez i hope genoway plays, he is sooo much fun to watch and very effective as well. UND's blue line will hold strong and the gophs' will crumble. Special Teams (as always) will make or break this series for either team. Sioux penalty kill looks disorganized and sloppy but it gets the job done most of the time. I expect a Sioux sweep but wont be overly dissappointed with a split. A sweep for the gophs is out of the question........ i hope

Hopefully, we'll be hearing these type of quotes from the Sioux locker room:

I'm really proud of the way our guys hung in there.

We were really on our game.

We brought our A-game.

We took them out of their game.

We knew what we had to do and went out and did it.

We feel fortunate.

We knew this would be no cakewalk.

The important thing is that we won.

This was a good win for us.

This was a confidence booster.

We're going to use this win as a building block.

We'll use this win as a stepping stone to the next level.

We're not going to rest on our laurels.

It was a hard-fought contest.

It was a total team effort.

I'm happy I could make a contribution.

We made our own breaks.

We played our hearts out.

We knew we had to defend our home turf.

This team shows a lot of character.

This team shows a lot of poise.

This team shows a lot of pride.

This team shows a lot of heart.

We're going to savor this victory.

We made a statement here today.

We sent a message here today.

This win is for all the fans.

This MVP award belongs to the whole team.

We've got the greatest fans in the world.

You dream about this as a kid.

LETS GO SIOUX!

You left out "F***ing machine took my quarter!"

PCM, nice question on the Okposo CSTV chat!!

http://www.cstv.com/chat/112907aaa.html

Believe it or not, that wasn't me. :lol:

Obviously, because I'm a TV and YouTube celebrity now, the impersonators are coming out of the woodwork. :lol:

PS: Who sits in those "marble and leather" seats at the Ralph? Sounds a tad uncomfortable to me. :D

Edited by PCM

Believe it or not, that wasn't me. :lol:

Obviously, because I'm a TV and YouTube celebrity now, the impersonators are coming out of the woodwork. :lol:

PS: Who sits in those "marble and leather" seats at the Ralph? Sounds a tad uncomfortable to me. :D

That didn't strike me as your kind of question.

In the "That's why they play the game" topic, here are some relevant stats from College Hockey Stats. These are for the overall games, not just conference.

Scoring offense ND 3.00 MN 2.5

Scoring defense ND 1.77 MN 2.75

Penalty Minutes ND 20.5 MN 14.2

Power Play ND 16.9 MN 11.5

Penalty Kill ND 90.9 MN 83.8

Combined Special Teams ND 56.0 MN 45.2 (note, ND is 1st, MN is last)

Special Teams Net ND +4 MN -6 (MN is last. ND is 3rd)

Goals allowed by period ND 3-10-10 = 23 MN 10-14-18 = 44

Conference stats are relatively similar, though there isn't as big a spread on scoring defense.

Obviously, we know that you can throw stats out the window in this series. I think that Minnesota is going to come out trying to avenge the Regional loss and come at us hard, as well as be a little physical with Wheeler, Bickel, etc. The Sioux will need to match or exceed their passion and let them know that the Ralph is our barn, not Mariucci West. I think it's going to be some intense hockey, because both teams need the points to not fall too far off the pace.

I think und is catching the Gophers at the right time. Minnesota has been riddled with injuries--Stoa out with a knee, Bostom out with hand surgery, Wheeler banged up a little, Mike Howe missing some time from a concussion. Therefore, Lucia is forced to play Hoeffel, White, Fisher, Kevin Wehrs as a forward but natural position is defensemen who are all true freshmen. Playing that many young guys typically does not add to the scoring punch or to victories. Missing Mike Carman the 1st half of the year does not help matters any. Add to the mix 3 freshmen blueliners and it equals a middle of the pack WCHA team so far.

The Gophers have looked very good at times this year but they also have looked very bad at times. Inconsistent is the buzz word right now.

I do think the Gophers will be a lot better in February than they are in December but for this weekend I do not see any way the Gophers take 3 or 4 points. Possibly a split but more than likely und either sweeps or they get 3 points.

Without a doubt, MN will be a better team in Feb. They will be dangerous in March as well. Especially if at the end of the regular season they are still on the outside looking in from the PWR analysis. That will make the Final 5 a must win for them. Playing in St Paul, with the season on the line...could bode well for the Goofs.

MN is a team loaded with talent (again); so far they lack leadership and identity. Maybe that will change. It is still EARLY although it is no long VERY EARLY