SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

well hopefully we won't end up with 6 min of penalties in the first 11 min of play :lol:

Well why not...According to the DU announcers last weekend we are more leathal short handed than at full strength!

I predict...At least one short handed goal, Vande Velde gets one, and that the Gopher fans will be pooring out the doors of the Ralph by the middle of the 3rd period.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did fat boy Dubay really make that comment? He is such a loser. He is totally the jock sniffer from high school. The man goes and gets bariatric surgery and still has that wimpy fat boy face.

At least he doesn't have to live in GF? Well, last I heard neither do the 50,000 residents of the city, they choose to live there. I grew up in GF, but I have lived in MN for the last 13 years, with the last 11 in the metro. The metro is a good place to live for a young professional, lots of opportunity. It is by know means Shangri La (not referring to the now defunct Chinese restaurant).

People, whether by circumstance or opportunity choose to make their lives all over this country. If Dubay chose to knock my home town, I would like to knock him on his wimpy fat boy a$$. I am not blinded by the fact that a metro area of 3 million has more of everything than a college/agriculture/healthcare regional little city, but puffy face needs to show a little respect.

I am going to call him a pear-shaped, wimpy, fat-face one more time for good measure :lol:

Did fat boy Dubay really make that comment? He is such a loser. He is totally the jock sniffer from high school. The man goes and gets bariatric surgery and still has that wimpy fat boy face.

At least he doesn't have to live in GF? Well, last I heard neither do the 50,000 residents of the city, they choose to live there. I grew up in GF, but I have lived in MN for the last 13 years, with the last 11 in the metro. The metro is a good place to live for a young professional, lots of opportunity. It is by know means Shangri La (not referring to the now defunct Chinese restaurant).

People, whether by circumstance or opportunity choose to make their lives all over this country. If Dubay chose to knock my home town, I would like to knock him on his wimpy fat boy a$$. I am not blinded by the fact that a metro area of 3 million has more of everything than a college/agriculture/healthcare regional little city, but puffy face needs to show a little respect.

I am going to call him a pear-shaped, wimpy, fat-face one more time for good measure :lol:

Good call.... I grew up in Mpls. and CHOSE to go to UND. My dad has roots in that area and I enjoyed my college experience. I live in Mpls. now again upon graduation in 1999. Mpls is not all roses. The traffic sucks, there is plenty of crime and it is a concrete jungle. Mpls. is my hometown, and besides the wind in the winter and a few other minor details Grand Forks is a nice place to live. Granted, there are not the job oppurtunities that there are in Mpls/St. Paul but who would expect that there would be. Dubay is an ignorant Gopher homer, and hopefully he will stay in his seat while the Sioux raise their sticks Sat night.

Any people on the board here go to the Hockey luncheon, sounds like our group may check it out.

We're planning to hit the Sioux booster luncheon on Friday. Hope to see you there.

And yes, the old Ralph is more or less across from the Park and Ride, situated east of Memorial Stadium. Crazy at times, yes, but folks like to forget the lean years (oh, about 91-94).

We're planning to hit the Sioux booster luncheon on Friday. Hope to see you there.

And yes, the old Ralph is more or less across from the Park and Ride, situated east of Memorial Stadium. Crazy at times, yes, but folks like to forget the lean years (oh, about 91-94).

yeah well every program has some lean years....I can remember in the 90s the Gophers team bus was welcomed with snowballs...ha

lets sweep these guys, well win friday first right :lol: then go from there

hope to run into many ss members this coming weekend and a few of the gophs fans as well, say what up if so. this is the trip of the year for me and just cant wait to see sioux hockey live.....ill sport the ryan hale green gamer or the joe finley swift friday so please say hi if you see me stumbling around g forks.......................man i gotta get some splleep, fuk the gophers and for the gopher fans sitting in the student sections, have fun

When you look up in the Urban dictionary the word TOOL--there is a big FAT picture of Puffy. Where is this clown's credentials for being a hockey analyst or sports analyst in general?? Because he was bat boy for the Twins? There is no bigger homer in all of sport's talk radio in this region and that's why I refuse to listen to KFAN from 9-12. He knocks everything that is not "the Cities". Can't wait to hear his fat wimpering mouth make excuses for the Gophs getting swept this weekend. And he can save me the BS that Vikes are going to make a playoff run. Maybe they will but they still suck and I could not think of anything better, other than a sweep this weekend, than Favre and the Pack laying another woodshed beating on the Vikes at Lambeau during the playoffs!!

Nice comeback Fire Helmet Guy....easy to back pedal when caught in the act. Nice attempt at a cover up.

They just can't believe that a little town half the size of Bloomington in a state with 1/6th the population of the just the Twin cities metropolitan area alone (and a school with 5x the enrollment of UND) can compete with the mighty University of MinnyMystery so they throw cheap and ignorant comments out.

At least Grand Forks (or North Dakota for that matter) doesn't

1. have cops shooting cops with machine guns

2. driver license exams given in 6 differant languages

3. racial unrest - even in the police department

4. more murders in No. Mpls in a week than the whole state of ND in a year.

5. traffic problems of biblical proportion

6. and - contrary to goph fans popular belief - exponentially more mullets - which I guess is supposed to signify lack of sophistication (not even going close to their Hitler youth thing - but the closest chapter to GF is here)

When you look up in the Urban dictionary the word TOOL--there is a big FAT picture of Puffy. Where is this clown's credentials for being a hockey analyst or sports analyst in general?? Because he was bat boy for the Twins? There is no bigger homer in all of sport's talk radio in this region and that's why I refuse to listen to KFAN from 9-12. He knocks everything that is not "the Cities". Can't wait to hear his fat wimpering mouth make excuses for the Gophs getting swept this weekend. And he can save me the BS that Vikes are going to make a playoff run. Maybe they will but they still suck and I could not think of anything better, other than a sweep this weekend, than Favre and the Pack laying another woodshed beating on the Vikes at Lambeau during the playoffs!!

The last time I ripped Dubay I got ripped a new one by a friend of his on this board. His brother is the one I do not like. He just comes here to start sh$# and then goes away. He just should go away!

They just can't believe that a little town half the size of Bloomington in a state with 1/6th the population of the just the Twin cities metropolitan area alone can compete with the mighty University of MinnyMystery so they through cheap and ignorant comments out.

At least Grand Forks (or North Dakota for that matter) doesn't

1. have cops shooting cops with machine guns

2. driver license exams given in 6 differant languages

3. racial unrest - even in the police department

4. more murders in No. Mpls in a week than whole state of ND in a year.

5. traffic problems of biblical proportion

6. and - contrary to goph fans popular believe - exponentially more mullets (not even going close to the Hitler youth thing - but there is a chapter here)

The Ralph holds more then the toilet and they have how many fewer people living in GF then Mpls

The last time I ripped Dubay I got ripped a new one by a friend of his on this board. His brother is the one I do not like. He just comes here to start sh$# and then goes away. He just should go away!

That's because his friend's picture is next to Puffy's in the Urban dictionary. That or they snuggle under the sheets together? :lol:

Lots of insecurity showing this last page and a half. You guys realize you have decent hockey program right? :lol:

You know just as well as I do that your fanbase likes to make fun of states/cities more than the average fan...in part because your own programs aren't that good. (hockey excluded) When your team can't beat the other team, you (meaning your fanbase) moves on to attack states such as ND, Iowa, Wisconsin, and especially other Minnesota cities such as Mankato, St. Cloud and Duluth. All I am asking is this: Are these states/cities much different? In the national view, no. I would love to keep the discussion centered on the teams playing without hearing about mullets, snowmoblies, cheese-eating drunks, cornfed Iowa girls, etc. I wish more gopher fans and twin cities folk would agree with me on this one. That said, the gopher fans who post on this forum are pretty decent guys/gals and I enjoy your contributions to the site.

Hopefully, we'll be hearing these type of quotes from the Sioux locker room:

I'm really proud of the way our guys hung in there.

We were really on our game.

We brought our A-game.

We took them out of their game.

We knew what we had to do and went out and did it.

We feel fortunate.

We knew this would be no cakewalk.

The important thing is that we won.

This was a good win for us.

This was a confidence booster.

We're going to use this win as a building block.

We'll use this win as a stepping stone to the next level.

We're not going to rest on our laurels.

It was a hard-fought contest.

It was a total team effort.

I'm happy I could make a contribution.

We made our own breaks.

We played our hearts out.

We knew we had to defend our home turf.

This team shows a lot of character.

This team shows a lot of poise.

This team shows a lot of pride.

This team shows a lot of heart.

We're going to savor this victory.

We made a statement here today.

We sent a message here today.

This win is for all the fans.

This MVP award belongs to the whole team.

We've got the greatest fans in the world.

You dream about this as a kid.

LETS GO SIOUX!

Doesn't really matter, refs are on the GOpher payroll anyways. You are going to get penalties if you commited them or not. :D

Dang right, now they are even getting 5 minute powerplays without getting checked from behind. Who do we get this weekend Sheppard?

That seems a little harsh.