SiouxSports.com Forum

UND v GVSU

SiouxMD

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our RBs are obviously not healthy. Did Battle get hurt on the plane-ride too? We need to at least call a running play. Last 3 possessions were 3 and out, 9 pass plays.

I really think that will be the best way to score when we have the wind. Same thing as last year. When we had our back against the wall we came out slinging and it worked.

Well it's not working now. :D This defense is pathetic, too.

I know it isn't. But the only way we win is if we pass. And the only we we get better at passing is to stick with it. I just don't see this team being hurt by our makeshift run O. Edit: The O line needs to give some protection though for this to work.

I know this is late, but what an absolutley HORRIBLE call on that long Grand Valley pass completion. I mean they are shoving it down our throats the way it is, but that cost UND 7 points. First of all the receiver stepped out of bounds and then the ball juggled free when he hit the ground......

It means nothing if UND is shutout, but thats a momentum play right there that the official looked stupid on.

Maybe Murray can't play anymore due to injury, because that's the only possible reason I can think of as to why we seemed to completely abandon the running game in the second quarter. Running between the tackles seemed like the only way we were going to be able move the ball. :D I can't help but think this isn't really a case of the GVSU defense just being that good. Their defensive numbers are basically the same as ours.

Was there any game planning in place for today for the offense?? Watching the game on TV, it looks like there was "hope" that Chappel could go effectively from the first couple series but since that has not been the case the offense has looked absolutely lost. It is the playoffs and if you can't run the ball or stop the run you're done. The D line looks similar to the UNO game as well. Not saying it's over, but Brittney Spears (fat lady) is warming up...