SiouxSports.com Forum

UND v GVSU

SiouxMD

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to the Sioux today. In UND's honor I'm wearing some green clothing, but it won't be visible of course in case somebody sees me.

Thanks - I hope your guys win as well. Another game in Omaha would be a great one!! A good way to "wrap up" the NCC football saga!

The key will be UND's running game. Grand Valley is not as physical up front on defense as in the past and I think UND can run the ball against them. UND really needs either Chappell or Murray in there though... I don't know if Battle is an explosive enough runner to make GVSU respect the run enough to change their gameplan.

The key will be UND's running game. Grand Valley is not as physical up front on defense as in the past and I think UND can run the ball against them. UND really needs either Chappell or Murray in there though... I don't know if Battle is an explosive enough runner to make GVSU respect the run enough to change their gameplan.

I hope for UND 17 GVSU 14, I think much more likely is GVSU 34 UND 17

I don't believe he is, at least at this point in his career. He didn't seem to hit the hole very hard last week IMO, despite decent numbers overall. Lennon spoke of options A, B and C this week, without naming them. Obviously Chappell and Murray are options A and B, but I still think Dressler would get a look before Battle. If we're going to give GVSU our best shot today, we need our best player to touch the ball as much as possible.

I don't believe he is, at least at this point in his career. He didn't seem to hit the hole very hard last week IMO, despite decent numbers overall. Lennon spoke of options A, B and C this week, without naming them. Obviously Chappell and Murray are options A and B, but I still think Dressler would get a look before Battle. If we're going to give GVSU our best shot today, we need our best player to touch the ball as much as possible.

Exactly... if GVSU doesn't have to respect UND's running game then:

-their smaller, quicker defensive line which is best suited to rushing the passer can just plan on doing exactly that every play. They can probably get pressure by rushing just 4 guys if they know what's coming.

-it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on Freund to find the holes in the defense. They have so much speed at linebacker and in the secondary that it will be very difficult to throw the ball 40 times without at least 2 or 3 interceptions.

-it makes Dressler less effective. The best part of UND's offense is the play action pass to Dressler and with no running game GVSU would have a much easier time containing him.