SiouxSports.com Forum

disappearing skating cheerleaders

YaneA

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Good guesses, I suppose, but liability and expense were equally present the last six years when they performed on-ice, right?

Pretty sure it originally had to do with cuts in the budget. I thought they wanted to totally get rid of them but they reached a compromise or something. However, I heard discussion at a game and they are confident they will be back on before the seaend of the season.

Hard to notice them when you can't even hear them.

And our seats are isle seats. :lol:

Keep them in the stands for the little girls to see any maybe a few others :silly: but really there is no need for them to go on the ice. There are lasers and intermission activities to work with so, no offense to the cheerleaders, just stay up in the stands. ???

Keep them in the stands for the little girls to see any maybe a few others :silly: but really there is no need for them to go on the ice. There are lasers and intermission activities to work with so, no offense to the cheerleaders, just stay up in the stands. ???

I agree, but they do get a little annoying in the stands aswell.

This may have been discussed before, but, if so, I didn't see it and I promised someone I would try to find out. Why is it that our hockey cheerleaders aren't on the ice?

Part of budget cuts...

REA charges UND for practice time to use the ice. They UND Cheer squad simpliy did ot have the budget funds to pay for ice time. I believe they made a concession to keep Hockey Cheerleaders and not cut their entire budget, but they are required to attend and cheer at Women's Volleyball, Hockey, and Socceer as well. IMO I think it is a sad deal when you can not give a little Free ice time to your cheer team....?

Its all a big question mark?

"whats the reasonings behind why you hockey cheerleaders arent on the ice? like what rules did they set for you? and stuff?

did BUN-Tard do this? (tom buning)"----me

"Yes, yes he did. We HATE not being on the ice. During starting lineup, we're just in the way on the stairs. No one has even told us a specific reason we can't be on the ice-our coach just told us at tryouts last spring that no skating skills would be necessary because we would not be going on the ice. When we asked why, her answer was "Athletic directors decision" and that's it.

We're doing our best to get back on the ice THIS YEAR. It's SOOOO stupid."----und hockey cheerleader

there you go unless you get Bun-tard to explain the reasonings thats pretty much all your going to get.

Its all a big question mark?

"whats the reasonings behind why you hockey cheerleaders arent on the ice? like what rules did they set for you? and stuff?

did BUN-Tard do this? (tom buning)"----me

"Yes, yes he did. We HATE not being on the ice. During starting lineup, we're just in the way on the stairs. No one has even told us a specific reason we can't be on the ice-our coach just told us at tryouts last spring that no skating skills would be necessary because we would not be going on the ice. When we asked why, her answer was "Athletic directors decision" and that's it.

We're doing our best to get back on the ice THIS YEAR. It's SOOOO stupid."----und hockey cheerleader

there you go unless you get Bun-tard to explain the reasonings thats pretty much all your going to get.

You're extensive knowledge and power never ceases to amaze me, young man.