SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

tn_007.JPGtn_IMG_2737.JPG

Bye weeks suck for the fans :D but can be great for the team as you can use it to rest some bodies. Lets play some great hockey this weekend vs Duluth and work on our first sweep of the season and defend home ice. First things first, jump on duluth early friday night and dont let up

fighting_sioux.jpg - Coming off a bye week.

Overall Record: 5-3-1

WCHA: 3-3-0, 6 points

Home: 2-1-0

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Often in baseball, in an effort to inspire the team, the coach gets fired up, and gets tossed from the game, rallying the players behind him. This wasn't exactly the case in Wisconsin, but I feel the players will be inspired after seeing their coach go toe-to-toe with Eaves, and will sweep the Bulldogs this weekend.

4-0 Friday

3-1 Sat

I can't wait for this weekend. Hate bye weekends. I'm hoping to see two complete games for the Sioux. hopefully our offense can get things rolling, and put some points on the board in back to back nights. Sioux get 4 points this weekend. Need the sweep at home!

Sioux

5-2 Friday

4-1 Saturday

Don't nobody be taking no Dogs lightly.

If you go By The Book, Sioux are underdogs:

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/krach.php

1. Miami 362.4520 11-1-0 32.9502 0

2. Denver 212.4300 8-2-0 53.1074 0

3. Colorado College 202.1910 7-3-0 86.6535 0

4. Michigan 180.6750 11-1-0 20.0750 0

5. New Hampshire 123.6870 6-2-1 47.5718 0

6. Notre Dame 105.2770 9-4-0 46.7899 0

7. Minnesota-Duluth 104.4680 5-3-2 69.6455 0

8. North Dakota 100.0000 5-3-1 63.6364 0

9. Minnesota 62.3550 7-5-0 44.5393 0

10. Michigan State 61.6329 8-3-0 30.8164 0

11. Wisconsin 54.7789 5-5-0 54.7789 0

12. St Cloud St 49.3104 6-2-2 21.1330 0

Yes, the WCHA is all its KRACH-ed up to be: 7 of the top 12 ...

Tough schedule so far, with all the Sioux games before new year against teams currently in the top 16...

Won't shouldn't be an easy weekend. I hope we get some physical play in order to secure a couple wins. Hopefully Malone will be able to start throwing his body around again since his injury, Ohsie/Duncan have a big weekend and our defense and Lammy play solid. Any prediction is a jinx in my book but I think the Sioux, coming off the by week, is to their advantage. A slow first period will follow some great hockey! Can't wait!

Duluth is a solid team. The Sioux should be a great team. The Sioux have better Offense, Defense, and Goaltending and are at home. The Sioux should sweep unless UMD's goalie can steal some points. The important thing is to come out and get 15 shots on goal every period...

the dogs are playing good hockey. i think this will be a test for them to see were they are really at. i think they will play very close friday early and then we open it up.

I think this will be a good test for us to see where we really are at. Are we a dominant team that can protect our home ice and contend for the Cup? People on here who know much, much more about hockey than I always say sweep at home, split on the road in the WCHA. We've got the second part down pat thus far, can we handle the first part.

I think this will be a good test for us to see where we really are at. Are we a dominant team that can protect our home ice and contend for the Cup? People on here who know much, much more about hockey than I always say sweep at home, split on the road in the WCHA. We've got the second part down pat thus far, can we handle the first part.

Hmmmm?:D

This is a series that we MUST sweep.

I don't care what Duluth brings to the table.

I don't care how good Duluth's goaltending is.

I don't care if the atmosphere is dead because the students will be gone.

Championship teams sweep teams like Duluth at home. Period. If we want to contend for the MacNaughton Cup, we have to win these games. After this weekend, we have Denver on the road (split at best), Minnesota at home (likely split, although the Rodents are struggling right now) and then New Hampshire over the holidays (another tough test). There are 12 league points at stake during the next three weeks. We had better get as many of them as we can.

Prediction: Sioux Sweep (3-1, 5-2)

I know what you were trying to say, but if we didn't win a single regular season WCHA game we could still win the MacNaughton cup, that's just the WCHA tournament trophy. All your reasons are valid if we want to hang a conference banner. :D

You are thinking of the Broadmoor Trophy, which goes to the winner of the WCHA Final Five. The MacNaughton Cup is the WCHA regular season trophy. The MacNaughton is tougher to win, but the Broadmoor is also prestigious and has been won by several of our NCAA title teams. Let's hope this season ends up the same way.

This is a series that we MUST sweep.

I don't care what Duluth brings to the table.

I don't care how good Duluth's goaltending is.

I don't care if the atmosphere is dead because the students will be gone.

Championship teams sweep teams like Duluth at home. Period. If we want to contend for the MacNaughton Cup, we have to win these games. After this weekend, we have Denver on the road (split at best), Minnesota at home (likely split, although the Rodents are struggling right now) and then New Hampshire over the holidays (another tough test). There are 12 league points at stake during the next three weeks. We had better get as many of them as we can.

Prediction: Sioux Sweep (3-1, 5-2)

It's strange to me that the students will be gone. I guess I understand, they want to be home with their families, but why, when you can see some great hockey, and get hammered? Let's see...grandma,sweet potatos, and turkey...or grinders, thongs, and beer bongs? WTF?

It's strange to me that the students will be gone. I guess I understand, they want to be home with their families, but why, when you can see some great hockey, and get hammered? Let's see...grandma,sweet potatos, and turkey...or grinders, thongs, and beer bongs? WTF?

The atmosphere is pretty dead anyways even when the students ARE there. I think as much as everyone does go to the arena for the games, it's also a huge social event for lots of those people. I've heard lots of stories (and have some of my own) of people sitting in awesome seats in the lower bowl and not knowing anything about hockey and having conversations about anything but hockey. These same people will also not cheer and look at anybody who is cheering with a weird look (like actually wondering why we're cheering at a hockey game). It's really sad actually.

Anyways, I will be there cheering loud (as usual) and I hope to see a Sioux sweep against Duluth and a hard-working team. Go Sioux! :D

The atmosphere is pretty dead anyways even when the students ARE there. I think as much as everyone does go to the arena for the games, it's also a huge social event for lots of those people. I've heard lots of stories (and have some of my own) of people sitting in awesome seats in the lower bowl and not knowing anything about hockey and having conversations about anything but hockey. These same people will also not cheer and look at anybody who is cheering with a weird look (like actually wondering why we're cheering at a hockey game). It's really sad actually.

Anyways, I will be there cheering loud (as usual) and I hope to see a Sioux sweep against Duluth and a hard-working team. Go Sioux! :D

there are probably 10 threads on that in the archives, gets old for sure...

just hope we can jump out early friday and put a couple up in the first period!!

Does anyone know for sure how the seating will be this weekend in the student section? They didn't include them in the season pack and when I bought them, they have reserved seating on them. I also rememeber seeing that holiday pack advertised for the general public for the student section. So my question is, will the student who bought tickets be mixed in with the GP or will they have their own section? And if not, will the students obey the seating rule? Just trying to figure out if I need to or just want to wait outside on Sat.