SiouxSports.com Forum

Radke?

Prpichrocks_19

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand!! I mean he is a senior and he is a pretty good hockey player. Shouldn't he be able to play? and who did he get beat out by?

its pretty easy to understand. he has been outplayed by other players. obviously coach hakstol doesnt see it your way i and i would trust his decisions. forney, martens and miller took the last forward spot and the 2 healthy scratch spots. doesnt mean he wont play in the future but not making the travel sqaud as 2 extras doesnt look good

also add genoway moving to forward as hak wants marto and lapoint in the lineup. that takes another forward spot away if he stays there.

I don't understand!! I mean he is a senior and he is a pretty good hockey player. Shouldn't he be able to play? and who did he get beat out by?

If those aren't rhetorical questions, I will answer them. You have to earn playing time whether you are a freshman or a senior. It's always been that way in 99.9 percent of situations at UND. Apparently guys like Miller, Martens and Forney among others have earned their playing time more than he has. There have been many seniors in the past that didn't get to play (Brandt, Foyt, Fillion among others in recent years).

On what planet is Kyle Radke a good hockey player? The same one where Tarvaris Jackson is a good quarterback?

That's bull$%!#. There are times when you need a Kyle Radke in your lineup. Saturday night in wisco is a good example of that. How many times did our guys (Oshie, Duncs, ect.) have to be the victims of cheap shots before it was too much. Insert a player like kyle and at least you have some kind of physical presence on the ice to help out our boys. I like the grit Radke brings to our lineup, he is as important as anyone else on this team in my opinion.

That's bull$%!#. There are times when you need a Kyle Radke in your lineup. Saturday night in wisco is a good example of that. How many times did our guys (Oshie, Duncs, ect.) have to be the victims of cheap shots before it was too much. Insert a player like kyle and at least you have some kind of physical presence on the ice to help out our boys. I like the grit Radke brings to our lineup, he is as important as anyone else on this team in my opinion.

I agree completely.

Right now, the in your face attitude is being taken up by Kaip and perhaps Jones and Zajac at times.

Radke doesn't score. He'll never be a scorer. It's disappointing considering his numbers at Grande Prairie (AJHL), but that's how it goes. But he does work hard, hit hard, and play hard because he has to on this kind of a team. There's so much talent that he'd be easily lost in the shuffle. Many forwards are faster than he is. Many can stick handle better than he can. He's not even very big size wise. When that is the case, you have to get into the lineup by sheer work ethic and emphasizing what you've got.

Like him or hate him, he's improved every year he's played with the Sioux. And I'm confident we'll see him play before too long.

If you ask most teams, they'd probably say that UND has enough grit without Radke in the lineup.

My only beef with Radke is that he takes dumb penalties. Kaip is an enforcer, and he doesn't take really dumb penalties with that much consistency. There are a lot of players for UND that play tough and clean. Jonsey is another that takes bad penalties too often. With the roster full of players that could contribute, Hak can choose players based on practice or who can help the team the most during the game.

I'm sure Radke will get his chance again, especially with a pretty ineffective Martens and Miller. When he does get back in the lineup, maybe he'll cool off a bit and contribute in a positive way. I know he can, he does have talent for sure.

2006-2007 109 penalty mins...almost 40 more than the nearest UND player

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0005822007.html

There are definite times when Radke's grit is important to have in the lineup. Unfortunatly, he has shown a tendency not to recognize the appropriate times and has taken a number of ill-timed and bad penalties that have cost the team. He took one in Houghton (a cross-check) in October that was just plain a dumb play. I am guessing that his poor decision making has caused the coaching to give him a little time-out to assess things. At this point I applaud the move. Now we wait and see how he responds.

If you ask most teams, they'd probably say that UND has enough grit without Radke in the lineup.

My only beef with Radke is that he takes dumb penalties. Kaip is an enforcer, and he doesn't take really dumb penalties with that much consistency. There are a lot of players for UND that play tough and clean. Jonsey is another that takes bad penalties too often. With the roster full of players that could contribute, Hak can choose players based on practice or who can help the team the most during the game.

I'm sure Radke will get his chance again, especially with a pretty ineffective Martens and Miller. When he does get back in the lineup, maybe he'll cool off a bit and contribute in a positive way. I know he can, he does have talent for sure.

2006-2007 109 penalty mins...almost 40 more than the nearest UND player

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0005822007.html

So what. The Sioux have always had players like him, remember Prpich, how about Archie. I'm sorry, but against a team like aa, or mankato, I'll take a Kyle Radke in the lineup before a Martens or a Miller. Simply because of the physical presence he brings.

I'm sorry, but against a team like aa, or mankato, I'll take a Kyle Radke in the lineup before a Martens or a Miller. Simply because of the physical presence he brings.

This part I agree with. Miller was brought in as a smaller finesse player who can score. Well, he hasn't really ever done that for UND, except maybe for a 3 game stretch last year. If Radke plays with his head, I agree that he should be in the lineup.

I don't have numbers, but I'm doubting that Prp or Archie were ever left at home for a road trip as seniors. Hak is clearly trying to send a message, so I'm with Siouxman in support of that. Lets see what comes of it.

This part I agree with. Miller was brought in as a smaller finesse player who can score. Well, he hasn't really ever done that for UND, except maybe for a 3 game stretch last year. If Radke plays with his head, I agree that he should be in the lineup.

I don't have numbers, but I'm doubting that Prp or Archie were ever left at home for a road trip as seniors. Hak is clearly trying to send a message, so I'm with Siouxman in support of that. Lets see what comes of it.

I pretty sure Prpich was a healthy scratch for a home game a couple years back. I think it had something to do with "on ice discipline." Sometimes your emotions get the best of you, but whatever the case may be I hope we see KR in the lineup. I think we really need him.

I pretty sure Prpich was a healthy scratch for a home game a couple years back. I think it had something to do with "on ice discipline." Sometimes your emotions get the best of you, but whatever the case may be I hope we see KR in the lineup. I think we really need him.

has it been 3 in a row for kyle now? cant remember if he played the previous friday and then sat on saturday??

nevermind, i found he didnt play in the friday win vs CC and played saturday vs CC in the loss. then obviously sat and didnt make the trip last weekend in sconnie with a split. he has played in 5 of the 9 games. his other game missed was the saturday night win at tech.

I agree that there are certain matchups where Radke's presence in the lineup would be welcomed, for the reasons stated. Let's leave Archie out of it though; he scored 37 goals as a senior and was one heck of a well-rounded hockey player.

Prpich got benched for a game after he cross checked some loser up high in front of the penalty box and got a five minute major. (Totally uncalled for of course since the loser had his stick up high.)

My biggest problem with Radke is that he's not another TJ Oshie.

What does this team need more of on the ice right now: Grit or Goals.

I see Kaip, Watkins, Jones, Finley, and Malone (even Kozek) out there "load testing" the boards with opposing players.

What I also see is an anemic 26 goals in 9 games (< 3 goals per game). That number needs to be closer to 4 goals per game if the plan is to fill in some open rafter space.

What does this team need more of on the ice right now: Grit or Goals.

I see Kaip, Watkins, Jones, Finley, and Malone (even Kozek) out there "load testing" the boards with opposing players.

What I also see is an anemic 26 goals in 9 games (< 3 goals per game). That number needs to be closer to 4 goals per game if the plan is to fill in some open rafter space.

Take away the two 6 goal games and that leaves 14 goals in the remaining 7 games...not the proper output for the overall talent UND has.

It's actually not bull$%!#. The Sioux do not miss anything when Radke is out, the only thing he produces is dumb penalties. Kaip, Kozek, and Jones more than make up for the "grit" that Radke supposedly brings. He isn't a leader, isn't productive offensively, and isn't good defensively (witnessed by his move from defense last year). Throw dumb penalties in and what do you get? Anyone? Someone who isn't a very good player.