SiouxSports.com Forum

Who Starts for the Vikes

Goon

Who Starts for the Vikes  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Brooks for TJac

• Brooks
    • TJac (Jackson)

I hope brooksy gets a shot. It seemed like when he got in, the offense rallied around hima and had better rhyth,. Even the kfan annoucners thought so to. They didnt even bad mouth him. But i highly doubt he will start since i heard he doesnt kiss childress's a$$ enough.Now i hearad the vieks might sign jeff george or chris weinke. Good grief..enough with the wash ups

I hope brooksy gets a shot. It seemed like when he got in, the offense rallied around hima and had better rhyth,. Even the kfan annoucners thought so to. They didnt even bad mouth him. But i highly doubt he will start since i heard he doesnt kiss childress's a$$ enough.Now i hearad the vieks might sign jeff george or chris weinke. Good grief..enough with the wash ups

Childress is the only reason Brooks is on an NFL roster at all.

I am on the opinion that Jackson will never amount to much as a NFL quarterback.

I think Brooks is not getting a fair shake when it comes to Childress who is basically on is way out

and may actually listen to the fans and see Brooks start a game. I want to see him go the whole game

and see what he can do. The vikes suck really bad this season and I think the club has admitted that they are alreadya

looking for quarterbacks, funny how Garcia would have looked a lot better than the other two guys that have gotten starts for the vikes (13 and 7)

I think the Fans would rally behind Brooks & I hope he gets a start & even a few games to really see what he can do

I given up on them but would watch if he played

I look at what the Vikes have become and I am disgusted, I thought Tice was a lot beter coach than what we have now.

The bigging of the end was when Moss got traded. I think the Vikes would be a better team if they still has dante and randy on the sidelines.

I say let TJack finish the season. Childress has a stiffie for him, so let TJack sink Childress' ship. Sad when an overrated, underexperienced QB is still the best QB on the team.

This team sucks. The coaching staff sucks. And a 3-13 record would help Ziggy do the right thing:

Can the front office and Childress.

I don't know who to hire, maybe Schottenheimer (who may end up being a bust too who knows), drafting a QB #1 pick and trading Taylor for a WR who can play opposite Rice.

Cut Williamson and any other loser WR they have except for Rice. I suppose they could keep Williamson if he agrees to play the role of he #4 reciever.

Install a coaching staff who knows what Peterson can do and uses him appropriately (Schottenheimer has that experience with LT).

#2 pick in the draft has to be pass secondary.

Don't know who will be free agents in the off season, but they need someone better than Cook at Tackle, better pass rushers, better safeties, better corners, better WRs, a better QB...

I said Childress gets 3 years preseason. Well, now I say if he doesn't right the ship and get minimum 7-9 record this year, he's done.

Moss's antics never bothered me cause I knew he was one of the best receivers in the NFL - I'm actually glad to see him doing so well & maybe he will get a ring

I can hear Moss saying how do you like me now as he wins a superbowl...

um, that would be just Grand Forks native as Brooks played for a U in Wisconsin(?). I don't remember which one.

I have to agree with you he played for the Badgers. But being from G.F. you kind of hope he does well.

I personally thought that brooks has looked the best of the three Vikings Quarterbacks and his untimely fumble on a drive at the end of the game that cost the vikes the game, I believe put Brooks in the dog house. I think that Childress is one of the worst coaches in the NFL. I believe it is only a matter of time before Brad Childress is shown the door... I would wish Ziggy would consider it soon...

I had a discussion with a co-worker and he was oh well, its part of the plan and the vikes are building for the future.

I asked him how long do think Viking fans are going to stomach this _#!t. If the Vikes have a losing season which

I think they will Childress is going to be run out of town on a rail. Heck Tice was better than this crap.

Childress is the only reason Brooks is on an NFL roster at all.

That is not entirely true.... Brad Childress is the reason Brooks is on the Vikings roster.

Brooks has established himself as a decent back-up quarterback, he has had good enough production in alot of games for other head coaches and offensive coorindators to take notice. His past history with Wisconsin, and hs pre-season game against Philly years ago, is why Childress wanted him. I have seen and heard press conferences from Denver's Mike Shanahan, Then San Deigo OC Shottenheimer (now with NY Jets), Atlanta Falcons then HC Mora, and many others think his intangibles like Football Knowledge, Poise, Proper Mechanics, Work Ethic, and Athletic Ability that he could be a back up for alot of teams in the NFL.

Here is Mike Shanahan's thoughts on Brooks two years ago..... open page, then click on.... start real player.....

listen to what he says at around the 5 minute mark, after asked about Testaverde, he jumps right to Brooks...

<a href="http://mailafriend.guide.real.com/index.html?link=http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/2003/broncos/demand/audio/games/2005/jets/112005_shanahan.rm&proto=rts" target="_blank">http://mailafriend.guide.real.com/index.ht...m&proto=rts</a>

I look at what the Vikes have become and I am disgusted, I thought Tice was a lot beter coach than what we have now.

The bigging of the end was when Moss got traded. I think the Vikes would be a better team if they still has dante and randy on the sidelines.

Wow, Culpepper suck, the only thing he could consistantly do as a QB was throw the deep ball. Moss is a huge talent and it shows when he has the best QB in the league throwing him passes. To tell you how good Tom Brady is, he made Jabar Gaffeny look good last year and that guy is a terrible NFL WR. Brady has had great numbers will below average WR's his entire career, now he has 30 TD's in 8 games because he actually has some talent at the position.

It wouldn't have been good for the Vikings to keep Moss, his attitude when things aren't going his way is only slightly better than TO's.

I have to agree with you he played for the Badgers. But being from G.F. you kind of hope he does well.

I personally thought that brooks has looked the best of the three Vikings Quarterbacks and his untimely fumble on a drive at the end of the game that cost the vikes the game, I believe put Brooks in the dog house. I think that Childress is one of the worst coaches in the NFL. I believe it is only a matter of time before Brad Childress is shown the door... I would wish Ziggy would consider it soon...

I had a discussion with a co-worker and he was oh well, its part of the plan and the vikes are building for the future.

I asked him how long do think Viking fans are going to stomach this _#!t. If the Vikes have a losing season which

I think they will Childress is going to be run out of town on a rail. Heck Tice was better than this crap.

oh, I wish him well and wish that Childress would play cause it might help the Vikes to try a different QB for awhile and he didn't play horribly when he played last week. I was just pointing out that he didn't go to UND, though there are people who think that he did.

oh, I wish him well and wish that Childress would play cause it might help the Vikes to try a different QB for awhile and he didn't play horribly when he played last week. I was just pointing out that he didn't go to UND, though there are people who think that he did.

He was a hell of a lot better than Holcomb or Jackson have been this season. That's not saying a lot considering how bad those 2 have been but I would think he gives the Vikings a better chance to move the ball consistantly.

Chilly Willy needs to get the offense going hardcore and hopefully the defense can do something big to get us this game> holy crap do we need this game

the pass defense set us up with stopping them than THE WILLIAMS MONSTERS TOOK IT TO LT

FOLLOWED By AP kicking ass, than chilly realizing they still have the BAMF C. Taylor.

congrats to AP with his new Record!!!