SiouxSports.com Forum

Way to Step Up

yzerman19

I wanted to start this post to pump up Andrew Kozek, and let him know that his play is a huge contribution to this team's winning. Andrew, great work, keep working hard. 20 goals from you could be the difference between another FF appearance and #8. This guy's a #2 pick who hadn't shown us a whole lot until this year. This year he is off to a great start! Keep it up, kid; we believe in you.

Just thought of something:

What happens if:

Kozek, Forney, Finley, and Radke start playing very well..... Who does everyone start griping about? Davidson?

I'd love to see that. No Sioux player bashing by Sioux fans on this board. It would be amazing.

if a fan doesnt like the way a player is playing they have their own opinion and can state that without getting labeled as a"basher" as you call it. why is it that big of a deal when that happens. do some go overboard? sure but o well. not everyone is gona see stuff the same, thank god or this world would suck

critisism = bashing now i guess

give praise when deserved and critism when deserved. not just praise ONLY. obviously hak saw something he didnt like or forney wouldnt have played over radke. does that continue? who the hell knows until this weekend

Kozek has been taking extra steps to showing some mad skills... Once he sees an opening or a loose puck it seems like he comes out of nowhere and steps it up... obviously many other opinions but I think Kozek has stepped up almost the most out of anyone from my standpoint... sure some of the freshman look great but kozek has really been impressing me..

Just thought of something:

What happens if:

Kozek, Forney, Finley, and Radke start playing very well..... Who does everyone start griping about? Davidson?

I'd love to see that. No Sioux player bashing by Sioux fans on this board. It would be amazing.

Redwing have you heard anything about how Brian Lee is doing this year? :silly:

Congrats on the great start to this season Andrew, keep up the good work :D

Yes, congratulations to Kozek for his huge contributions so far. He has a goal in every game we've won this year so far, with the exception of not scoring a goal in our fog-shortened tie @ BC. Pretty impressive start for a player who's been a third- or fourth-liner for two years now. He's bringing some scoring depth to our lineup and providing some other scoring boost besides the usual suspects of Oshie and Duncan. With VandeVelde stepping it up, this team has some offensive talent. If we continue with our solid defensive play and great goaltending, then this team is destined to have a fantastic season! Keep up the great work Kozek!!

Redwing have you heard anything about how Brian Lee is doing this year? :ohmy:

Congrats on the great start to this season Andrew, keep up the good work :D

Hey redwing,

Here's some bashing for ya! Just think if Brian Lee was playing on Ottawa's big club and they played UND........Do you think UND would keep it as close as the Manitoba game?:lol:?;)? ???

I sure can't wait to find the weak link on the team this season. This waiting for someone to screwup is just killing me! My guess it will be..........................?

Hey redwing,

Here's some bashing for ya! Just think if Brian Lee was playing on Ottawa's big club and they played UND........Do you think UND would keep it as close as the Manitoba game?:lol:?;)? ???

I sure can't wait to find the weak link on the team this season. This waiting for someone to screwup is just killing me! My guess it will be..........................?

I think Lee will spend the next 8 years in Binghamton and then get a cup of coffee...similar to Curtis Murphy

if a fan doesnt like the way a player is playing they have their own opinion and can state that without getting labeled as a"basher" as you call it. why is it that big of a deal when that happens. do some go overboard? sure but o well. not everyone is gona see stuff the same, thank god or this world would suck

give praise when deserved and critism when deserved. not just praise ONLY. obviously hak saw something he didnt like or forney wouldnt have played over radke. does that continue? who the hell knows until this weekend

I am going to have to side with fellow Bemidji Boy AZ. I can't be the only one thats getting sick of the people that think you can't under any circumstance bring up short commings in a Sioux player's game, it is called constructive criticism and is fair game and part of the board. People don't need to hear lectures from other telling them that they are out of line.

I mean seriously, It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that last season a few players made some critical mistakes at keys times and some people took issue with it, on the flip side there were a few people that thought they had to give people lectures on loyalty to team and what not. Also the throwing a person under the bus comments gets tiresome. If someone games sucks some of us will be compelled to bring it up. That doesn't make said people less than a fan.

once again leave it to someone to bring up sioux bashing when it isnt happening. If you are going to complain about it when it is happening. Please dont keep bringing it up when its not

Heck we have only lost one game, its way to early to start with the yearly fire hakstol chant.

Also, Finley has played great this season.

does anyone know for sure the reason forney played over radke, or is it just assumed he got scratched? i have a sneaking suspicion there is somewhat of another factor going on here. i could be wrong, but did he suffer any big hits in the game this past friday?

Kozek has been taking extra steps to showing some mad skills... Once he sees an opening or a loose puck it seems like he comes out of nowhere and steps it up... obviously many other opinions but I think Kozek has stepped up almost the most out of anyone from my standpoint... sure some of the freshman look great but kozek has really been impressing me..

He literally does come out of nowhere (at least nowhere on the ice) because on two of his goals he's come straight out of the penalty box to score, and against Northeastern, the radio broadcast said he'd just come back from being in the lockerroom for awhile! :ohmy:

does anyone know for sure the reason forney played over radke, or is it just assumed he got scratched? i have a sneaking suspicion there is somewhat of another factor going on here. i could be wrong, but did he suffer any big hits in the game this past friday?

if you heard the pre game saturday night you could tell radke was simply pissed off he wasnt playing which leads to he was a HEALTHY scratch for sure. the only hits i saw was radke at the end of fridays game :ohmy:

if you heard the pre game saturday night you could tell radke was simply pissed off he wasnt playing which leads to he was a HEALTHY scratch for sure. the only hits i saw was radke at the end of fridays game :ohmy:

Actually that was an interesting interview because TH asked him to comment on the refing and he didn't and they

also talked about how much muscle he gained in the off season. Radke also said his role is basically to be an agitator or at

least that is how I interpreted his comments.

Actually that was an interesting interview because TH asked him to comment on the refing and he didn't and they

also talked about how much muscle he gained in the off season. Radke also said his role is basically to be an agitator or at

least that is how I interpreted his comments.

he IS huge now. if anyone has seen him recently he is built like a brick ****house. the only reason i ask, is because i had heard a few things from pretty reliable sources that he was having some trouble in practice the other day. things along the line of an upper body injury suffered in the game last weekend.