SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they only have 3 points TOTAL between them in the 4 games so far.

We have experience what I would call a power outage, Kozek is looking good though and it could be the year we are looking for, only 12 more goals to go to get to 15...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they only have 3 points TOTAL between them in the 4 games so far.

Totally agree, take away the Michigan game, in the last three games we have scored four goals in three games. Our power play is not producing and we need to get more physical infront of our net. The leaders need to lead by example! Last night's game was controlled by M

It wasn't directed at me, someone else, I wouldn't have bothered if it was.

I do agree with you that nobody, I don't care who's kid it is, gets on this team without having been the best on their team and one of the best in their league/conference/etc. That's Sioux hockey, always has been, always will be.

I'm 110% for standing up for your teammates, not a problem at all. My frustration was with his low class cheap shots at the end of the game. I was watching him go from guy to guy cross checking them under the chin to try and either get a fight or draw blood and there was 8 seconds left in the game. That's just not our style. We'll play you tough, kick the crap out of you, bang you and your sister around in the corners, but not that crap.

And you're right, the whole name/logo thing already had me in a $hitty mood, this was just more crap on the boots. I wanted to see Forney play anyway, I'm almost positive he'll get his chance now and hopefully the kid will light it up! See, already turned the corner.

Save some of the frustration for later in the season. This was one game and you know how we have played over the last three seasons. Barring any major injuries we will be fine!

Save some of the frustration for later in the season. This was one game and you know how we have played over the last three seasons. Barring any major injuries we will be fine!

This is the problem. We get off to bad starts before Christmas and then have to win almost every game in January and February just to catch up in the standings. There are league points at stake this weekend, points that are going to count just as much in March as they do now.

On paper, this is the most balanced and complete team we've had since the 2000-01 season. But games aren't played on paper and other teams aren't going to lay down for us. If we work hard and make the most of our talent, we should contend for the MacNaughton Cup, the Broadmoor Trophy and the National Championship. But if we don't figure out how to score on good goalies and good defensive teams, we'll be talking about fighting for and securing "the fifth and final home playoff spot in the first round of the WCHA playoffs". And that, ladies and gentlemen, would be a bigger farce than the Friday game in Boston last week. :sad:

Is it too early to panic? Yes. Is is too early to feel a little concerned? No. Pencil me in as a concerned fan right now. :D

This is the problem. We get off to bad starts before Christmas and then have to win almost every game in January and February just to catch up in the standings. There are league points at stake this weekend, points that are going to count just as much in March as they do now.

On paper, this is the most balanced and complete team we've had since the 2000-01 season. But games aren't played on paper and other teams aren't going to lay down for us. If we work hard and make the most of our talent, we should contend for the MacNaughton Cup, the Broadmoor Trophy and the National Championship. But if we don't figure out how to score on good goalies and good defensive teams, we'll be talking about fighting for and securing "the fifth and final home playoff spot in the first round of the WCHA playoffs". And that, ladies and gentlemen, would be a bigger farce than the Friday game in Boston last week. :sad:

Is it too early to panic? Yes. Is is too early to feel a little concerned? No. Pencil me in as a concerned fan right now. :D

Split on the road. Win at home! Lots of parity this year in the WCHA and Tech is no weak team. The season is not a sprint, it is a long grinding road that you work on improving throughout the year. I would be concerned if we would have been beat up by MSU and BU, but we did more than hold our ground against those teams! If we win tonite, everyone will be talking about getting tickets for Denver in April.

Hak was really pissed after the game on the radio interview. I am wondering if that was due to Radke's antics. Hennesy had to kind of take control of the situation.

Let's keep this in mind...Hakstol put Radke on the ice in that situation. Why?...I have no idea. However, Hak knows what kind of kid Radke is and he still puts him out there with 8 seconds to go when he knows that Radke is a headcase. Hak should have just left him in Grand Forks instead.

I am panicking a little over our lack of offense since the MI State game. Where did it go? Teams are not going to let us play run and gun with them, so we need to toughen up and start shooting the puck through people.

Judging by the performance at the end of the game, the frustration level by all was high. I wouldn't be surprised if Hakstol ordered the code red. Have Radke go after some guy, beat him up, fire up the team, Forney skates fourth line while Radke serves his suspension.

wow, what a rough night. with these games being so eary here in az that gives me extra hours out at night, holy smokes i cant believe im up already at 10 am. anyways lets see what happens tonight. i think we will get the split and move on. i want forney and marto in for radke and jones. just a personal observation from last night that was hard to watch. lets go sioux!!!

wow, what a rough night. with these games being so eary here in az that gives me extra hours out at night, holy smokes i cant believe im up already at 10 am. anyways lets see what happens tonight. i think we will get the split and move on. i want forney and marto in for radke and jones. just a personal observation from last night that was hard to watch. lets go sioux!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing that. LaPoint had a really good game and deserves to play tonight. Marto also deserves to play. Jonesy took some costly penalties last night, so maybe give him the night off. I think everyone wants to see Forney get a chance to play. Might as well let him play tonight.

I wouldn't mind seeing that. LaPoint had a really good game and deserves to play tonight. Marto also deserves to play. Jonesy took some costly penalties last night, so maybe give him the night off. I think everyone wants to see Forney get a chance to play. Might as well let him play tonight.

and its not like im down on jones overall. maybe just a night off will make him think a little. the 1st goal they got was his penalty and it was a very dumb penalty to take as well as the other was. oh well. just a suggestion. if jones is in maybe he will come back tonight and have a great game defensively. either way lets get the W tonight and 2 important points

I am panicking a little over our lack of offense since the MI State game. Where did it go? Teams are not going to let us play run and gun with them, so we need to toughen up and start shooting the puck through people.

Judging by the performance at the end of the game, the frustration level by all was high. I wouldn't be surprised if Hakstol ordered the code red. Have Radke go after some guy, beat him up, fire up the team, Forney skates fourth line while Radke serves his suspension.

Just for the record. B.C. scored the same number of goals as we did 0, the goalie for NE is know to be pretty good and if I remember right we were recruiting him to go to UND so I don't think of it as being negative. MTU is a defensive team that plays the hard trap. The goalie had a good game. I think if we go two more weeks and don't score any goals then I will be worried. I would rather see Forney then Radke but we aren't the coaches. Seems like we have been here before.

and its not like im down on jones overall. maybe just a night off will make him think a little. the 1st goal they got was his penalty and it was a very dumb penalty to take as well as the other was. oh well. just a suggestion. if jones is in maybe he will come back tonight and have a great game defensively. either way lets get the W tonight and 2 important points

It will be interesting to see what Hak does. He definitely wasn't happy. However, it's difficult to tell what he'll do. Hak is more reserved on his comments. Blais would always say, right on the radio, which players he thought played like crap, so you had a better idea of who he was going to sit the next night. :sad:

Agreed, it was a tough game, all around. The Techies came to play and we just didn't have our timing. Our guys just couldn't seem to click at the right time and had back puck luck and really bad bounces all night. I mentioned it last night, but after watching some of the game again, it was really noticable how out of wack out timing is right now. We had our guys bumping into each other all over the ice. Oshie and Vandevelde almost knocked each other out behind the Techie goal. That's just a sign of an early season and not have time for lines to develop together. The Sioux are amazing, but they are still human and it will take a while for them to all get on the same page. God help the rest of the WCHA when, not if, they do.

But like the past few seasons, we start slow, finish strong at the right time. I'm not worried.

LaPoint is off to a great start, he looks like he's playing at Soph. speed already. A little competition in the d-corps is a no lose for us. Wouldn't be surprise to see both LaPoint and Marto playing tonight. And I think Forney is a lock, hope he can make the most of his opportunity. It would be really great to have him be the surprise break out of the season and net 15 or so.

Should be a helluva game tonight. AZSioux will be good and tuned by the time the game is over and ready for the wild nightlife, again. Ha!

FORWARDS

oshie - vandevelde - duncan

frattin- kaip - watkins

miller - zajac - kozek

martens - trupp - radke

DEFENSE

finley- bina

chorney- genoway

jones - lapoint

GOALIE

lamoureux

walski

HEALTHY SCRATCHES

forney and marto

Was Vande centering the first line due to Malone's injury or was Hak just trying to shake up the first line to get Duncan and Oshie going a little? I'm assuming the former is true, but just wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than I had any insight. Thanks.

Was Vande centering the first line due to Malone's injury or was Hak just trying to shake up the first line to get Duncan and Oshie going a little? I'm assuming the former is true, but just wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than I had any insight. Thanks.

hes just mixing things up a little as of now trying to get everyone going and especially the top line. im assuming we may see the same tonight or he could mix again to try to ignite something. im guessing we will see forney tonight and marto. just not sure who will be watching from the press box.

As has been stated repeatedly, I don't think last night's loss is anything to be too worried about if we come back and get 2 points tonight. One thing I see mentioned a lot though is how we always play well after Christmas. History certainly favors this argument, and there's no problem in fans thinking like this, I just hope this isn't something the players in our program are accepting. Now, I highly doubt that is the case anyways, but just because teams the last several years turned it on in the second half, doesn't mean this team will. We're several weeks from having to worry about that scenario anyways, but it would be nice to see us get back to the days of playing to our potential for a whole season because, one of these years, we're going to be waiting for that light to turn on and it won't.

As has been stated repeatedly, I don't think last night's loss is anything to be too worried about if we come back and get 2 points tonight. One thing I see mentioned a lot though is how we always play well after Christmas. History certainly favors this argument, and there's no problem in fans thinking like this, I just hope this isn't something the players in our program are accepting. Now, I highly doubt that is the case anyways, but just because teams the last several years turned it on in the second half, doesn't mean this team will. We're several weeks from having to worry about that scenario anyways, but it would be nice to see us get back to the days of playing to our potential for a whole season because, one of these years, we're going to be waiting for that light to turn on and it won't.

good points......we are 2-1-1 through 4 games. put up a W tonight and we go to 3-1-1. the only concern is the goal production in the last 3 games. other than that we have been damn good. cant wait for this game tonight!!

hes just mixing things up a little as of now trying to get everyone going and especially the top line. im assuming we may see the same tonight or he could mix again to try to ignite something. im guessing we will see forney tonight and marto. just not sure who will be watching from the press box.

Hak mentioned pre-game that Kaip's performance thus far has made it possible to move Vande up. His original thought was to keep Vande on 2nd line, so the team has more than one scoring threat, but with Kaip's line playing so well, he thought he could move Vande up to the top line. We'll see what he does tonight.