SiouxSports.com Forum

Major loss for Goofs

mygarske

Looks like the Goofer Nation will need to do some re-shuffling on their top line before they even play a WCHA game. Stoa went down with a season ending knee injury on Saturday night. Hate to see a kid on any team with that kind of major set back. I went to the Friday night game against RPI (the ticket was free and it was college hockey) he looked good on that top line. He had developed a Blake Wheeler style of play in front of the net, worked well with Okposo. Hope he makes a solid recovery.

The link: http://www.startribune.com/gophers/story/1486461.html

Looks like the Goofer Nation will need to do some re-shuffling on their top line before they even play a WCHA game. Stoa went down with a season ending knee injury on Saturday night. Hate to see a kid on any team with that kind of major set back. I went to the Friday night game against RPI (the ticket was free and it was college hockey) he looked good on that top line. He had developed a Blake Wheeler style of play in front of the net, worked well with Okposo. Hope he makes a solid recovery.

The link: http://www.startribune.com/gophers/story/1486461.html

it is a big loss, posted here :lol:

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?sh...60&start=60

Ouch. I wish him a speedy recovery. You hate to see something like this happen to any player, regardless of who they play for.

They will still be in the top 2.

lossing a probable 30-40 point scorer is a big loss no matter what. playing with the 2 he was paired up with he was gona have a big season on that top line. this will hurt minny on offense and leadership.

Never like to see that happen to any college hockey player. Stoa was probably destined for a 15-20 goal season IMHO. That being said lets hope none of that happens to any of our players. Injuries are a part of the game and just like that a teams fortunes can change if one of their best players gets injured. The Gophs have a lot of talent and are the one team along with the Sioux that can somewhat replace a guy like that. Although I strongly dislike the Gophers I never wish players to get injured. To me Danny Irmen was the most dispicable Gopher ever.....was real glad when the Wild sent him down to Houston!

Never like to see that happen to any college hockey player. Stoa was probably destined for a 15-20 goal season IMHO. That being said lets hope none of that happens to any of our players. Injuries are a part of the game and just like that a teams fortunes can change if one of their best players gets injured. The Gophs have a lot of talent and are the one team along with the Sioux that can somewhat replace a guy like that. Although I strongly dislike the Gophers I never wish players to get injured. To me Danny Irmen was the most dispicable Gopher ever.....was real glad when the Wild sent him down to Houston!

whoaa :lol: straight out of left field comment. you just needed the platform to release :huh:

the gophers will miss stoa and it will show as well

is that when he scored out of the penalty box :huh:

Sure they will miss Stoa but they have the depth to overcome it. Irmen was a first class As*hole.He gave no respect to the Sioux fans or the Sioux program....cheers to the fact that he will never see more than an Aeros jersey.

Sure they will miss Stoa but they have the depth to overcome it. Irmen was a first class As*hole.He gave no respect to the Sioux fans or the Sioux program....cheers to the fact that he will never see more than an Aeros jersey.

they sure do have depth, i guess we will see how it all pans out without stoa.

Well at least they got their excuse for not winning.

Uh.... Right state, wrong team. You're thinking Minnesota Twins.

As for Stoa, bad loss for the Gophers, but looking at their team, they can lose a forward or two and not have a significant drop off in talent or ability to win.

If Stoa were a defenseman, I'd think this would be very bad for the team.

Minnesota is a very talented team offensively. Losing Stoa will hurt, but I don't think it will be that bad for them.

Uh.... Right state, wrong team. You're thinking Minnesota Twins.

As for Stoa, bad loss for the Gophers, but looking at their team, they can lose a forward or two and not have a significant drop off in talent or ability to win.

If Stoa were a defenseman, I'd think this would be very bad for the team.

Minnesota is a very talented team offensively. Losing Stoa will hurt, but I don't think it will be that bad for them.

I think Hoeffel is gonna be an impact freshman before all is said and done. I can see him or White playing on that top line with Okposo and Barribal.

hes a top line forward who would have put up 30-40 points with those linemates. they will miss him. that doesnt mean they wont be a top 3 wcha team at all but you never know as he was on that top line for a reason.

That is true, but I am saying they have the depth to replace him as well or better than any other team in the country.