SiouxSports.com Forum

POLLS SHMOLLS ;)

AZSIOUX

The expectations are high from the get go. I am sure the players and coaches will take a very level headed approach to these polls. Polls are great for the fans but the most meaningless poll of the season IMO is the preseason poll. It should be a great year of Sioux hockey!

not a bad test playing mich st and bc right off the bat. i love the way the sioux schedule. it only will help down the road!! then throw in new hampshire top 6 as well. lets take it to mich state as they wont be nearly as good as last season so lets make a statement!

The expectations are high from the get go. I am sure the players and coaches will take a very level headed approach to these polls. Polls are great for the fans but the most meaningless poll of the season IMO is the preseason poll. It should be a great year of Sioux hockey!

yes, i agreee totally they are meaningless in ALL sports really but of course we have to talk about it :glare:

I'm kind of surprised that Denver is sitting so high in both polls. They always seem to put up a fight, but the off-season hit them pretty hard.

they could have one of the best classes and lines in the country from a couple years back. if they put those players together they can try to run off 1 great line and see what happens. i see them middle of the pack 4 or 5 in the wcha and cant stand gwoz the dasher dancer

When does official practice start?

It is going to be a fun year. Anyone have any insight into any of the new guys other than their junior stats and conjecture?

I am really hoping that Hakstol build four well-rounded lines this year instead of one NHL line, one "tour de france" cycling line, one balanced line and one mixed unit. It would be great to roll four lines all year. We'll have to see about Trupp, Frattin, Malone, Davidson and Forney. Those guys are all question marks to me.

I would like to see Oshie, Duncan and Watkins as the first scoring line. You combine a playmaker, a sniper, and a utility player. That line would hit, skate, cycle, set up pretty goals and bang in hard-hat goals.

It would be nice to see how the freshman look.

When does official practice start?

It is going to be a fun year. Anyone have any insight into any of the new guys other than their junior stats and conjecture?

I am really hoping that Hakstol build four well-rounded lines this year instead of one NHL line, one "tour de france" cycling line, one balanced line and one mixed unit. It would be great to roll four lines all year. We'll have to see about Trupp, Frattin, Malone, Davidson and Forney. Those guys are all question marks to me.

I would like to see Oshie, Duncan and Watkins as the first scoring line. You combine a playmaker, a sniper, and a utility player. That line would hit, skate, cycle, set up pretty goals and bang in hard-hat goals.

It would be nice to see how the freshman look.

im sure hak will do what he feels is best. if thats rolling oshie, duncan and (insert) on one line then so be it. watkins hasnt proved anything to be on the top line. he and kozek have to step up as upperclassemen now. 10 points each isnt gona cut it. i guess we will know soon on how things play out. we do have question marks in kozek, watkins and miller. the freshman are what they are. there may be a suprise player out of the bunch in trupp or frattin. in hak we trust!!

I agree that Kozek really needs to step up. He was a huge scorer in junior and had so much upside that Atlanta invested their second round pick in him. The questions around him are has he been unable to produce at a high level due to who he's been playing with and the role assigned to him or is he a player who truly peaked at 18. I guess we'll find out.

I support Watkins on the first line, because he has done everything asked of him. I don't think that you necessarily want three scorers on the first line. I've always been a fan of lines that consist of a playmaker, a true goal scorer, and a grinder (either power forward or utility style). As long as they can skate with the scorer and playmaker. I like the idea of one forward goes into the corner and wins the one on one, kicks it over to the other forward on the same side of the net down low, who tries to feed the third forward driving towards the net. I like the idea of Watkins being that forward, kicking it over to Oshie, who either shoots or hits Duncan in the slot or top of the opposite circle. That style also allows for a sleeper defenseman to slip into the slot...could mean a dozen goals for Chorney!

Run and gun is fun too, but I don't know if we have the horses to do a Parise, Murray, Bochenski or a Toews, Oshie, Duncan.

Minnesota is sure to run three high caliber lines. I don't know if we have a center who can match up with Okposo physically, now that Toews is gone. I guess that will be up to T.J., who is very strong on his skates, but gives up quite a few pounds to KO.

I also agree that Miller and Martens are big question marks. Miller put up some points early on in the year, but he disappeared at the end of the season. Are these guys going to get playing time or not? There are some young guns who'd love to bump them off.

I think we have great grinders in Vandevelde, Kaip and Zajac. In my opinion, all three earned spots for this year with their game, especially in the playoffs.

We have players that impressed the NHL scouts in Frattin, Forney and Malone. Do they earn regular shifts?

How about the beast man from Manitoba: Davidson. Is he Brandon Shannahan or is he Carl Racke from Youngblood?

Trupp is apparently the can't miss playmaker we need to generate some second or third line scoring. Maybe pair him up with a Kozek to see if they can put up some points.

What about Radke? Is he done? Does he move back to D?

Does Genoway move up to forward?

I have to believe that Frattin, Forney and Malone get playing time due to the talent they must have to get drafted.

We're in the enviable position of too many players!

From what I understand Frattin has been practicing on the top line. I hear he fits the mold of that line the best.

im guessing frattin, trupp or vaden velde. frattin could end up being a hell of a player! drop the friken puck

im guessing frattin, trupp or vaden velde. frattin could end up being a hell of a player! drop the friken puck

I am glad UND got some respect in the polls but they are meaningless.

AZ I could not agree more with you about one thing. DROP THE DAMN PUCK!

Trupp is apparently the can't miss playmaker we need to generate some second or third line scoring. Maybe pair him up with a Kozek to see if they can put up some points.

The only info I can give anyone about Trupp is that he is little... Quite a bit smaller than I thought he'd be, even in all his hockey gear...

OK in just wanting to see what they were saying on GPL about the polls, I cam across this quote for a worthless piece of crap over there.

Here it is(remember I did not say this, it is a quote from GPL)

"Last year they were talking all kinds of crap about the gophers always choking with the number 1 spot...we will have to wait and see how the Hitler Youth fare."

Nice quote you dumbass!

OK in just wanting to see what they were saying on GPL about the polls, I cam across this quote for a worthless piece of crap over there.

Here it is(remember I did not say this, it is a quote from GPL)

"Last year they were talking all kinds of crap about the gophers always choking with the number 1 spot...we will have to wait and see how the Hitler Youth fare."

Nice quote you dumbass!

and people wonder why we don't like goooofer fans.