SiouxSports.com Forum

Goophs vs Bison ?

Fetch

I don't have time to read all the discussion in this posting but I hope someone has brought up that we don't care about the Bison or the gophers on this site. If you want to talk about the bi-son go to their site, they even have had to create a smack section for all their venom and hate.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c'mon...you know the gators title hopes will die at Tiger stadium on Oct 6th in primetime for the nation to see. :p

Hey Matt: You just might be right on that one & I agree with that. Now having said that for which the game is being played in "DEATH VALLEY" & I have been there a time or two in my lifetime. Now if & that's a big if we pull that one off then we'll be on our way but right now it's AUBRUN this weekend at the SWAMP & it's payback time. Thanks for your imput.

GO SIOUX & GO GATORS WHIP UP ON AUBURN IT'S PAYBACK TIME.

SIOUX FAN (HOCKEY) SINCE 1973.

Hey Matt: You just might be right on that one & I agree with that. Now having said that for which the game is being played in "DEATH VALLEY" & I have been there a time or two in my lifetime. Now if & that's a big if we pull that one off then we'll be on our way but right now it's AUBRUN this weekend at the SWAMP & it's payback time. Thanks for your imput.

GO SIOUX & GO GATORS WHIP UP ON AUBURN IT'S PAYBACK TIME.

SIOUX FAN (HOCKEY) SINCE 1973.

Aw...keep the faith...there were plenty of gator doubters last year too. Good luck, and thanks for keeping your sense of humor!

My biggest worry with the Bison is what would we do if we had an injury in the Def. Seconday. We are thin there and that could be exploited. Other than that we should be as solid as ever in the Gopher Game............but, we have to get by a very tough Western Illinois team this weekend........that is what I am concerned about right now.

My biggest worry with the Bison is what would we do if we had an injury in the Def. Seconday. We are thin there and that could be exploited. Other than that we should be as solid as ever in the Gopher Game............but, we have to get by a very tough Western Illinois team this weekend........that is what I am concerned about right now.

As bad as you guys want another chance at MN, you have to take it one game at a time. Look past somebody and it will probably bite you in the %#&

Has the game time and whether or not it's on TV in the GF area been decided yet? If the answer is no to both or either one, when will it be decided?

My understanding from a relative that works in the Athletics Office at Minnesota, the game will start at 11:00am, TV is still being decided, but it will for sure be on the Big 10 network if no one else picks it up.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. My opinion is that NDSU fans are mistaken in thinking that their program accomplished something special that isn't easily attainable by another program making the same move who was better than they were for the last decade that they both spent at the D2 level. If a good D2 can do it a great D2 should be able to do it too. That's my opinion, and I believe that Bison fans are fooling themselves to dismiss that theory.

That's pretty ignorant of you, you are obviously wrong. ever heard of Northern Colorado?

Also, let's not compare apples to oranges here, just because NDSU has been successful at 1-AA doesn't mean UND will...

Aw...keep the faith...there were plenty of gator doubters last year too. Good luck, and thanks for keeping your sense of humor!

Thank you Matt for the kind words. I will be at the game tonight & it's only a two hour drive from my house. I have seen a lot in my 55 years of living but so far UND rocks along with UF of course. For the record I am a proud member of AARP. So GO SIOUX & GO GATORS WHIP UP ON AUBURN IT'S PAYBACK TIME.

SIOUX FAN (HOCKEY) SINCE 1973

Thank you Matt for the kind words. I will be at the game tonight & it's only a two hour drive from my house. I have seen a lot in my 55 years of living but so far UND rocks along with UF of course. For the record I am a proud member of AARP. So GO SIOUX & GO GATORS WHIP UP ON AUBURN IT'S PAYBACK TIME.

SIOUX FAN (HOCKEY) SINCE 1973

Chomp Chomp! :) Go Tigers! :)

We'll just have to agree to disagree, but I will say that where I believe your logic is fundamentally flawed is your assumption that competing at one level has anything to do with competing at the next. Competing one year, for that matter, has little bearing on the next. The players and coaches we are winning with now were not present 3-4 years ago(other than Coach Bohl and maybe one other coach) so how does how we did during our D2 days have anything to do with our success now? This is where we disagree, you think that because UND is good/great now that they will be in the future at the next level, all I am saying is that it guarantees nothing, it barely even suggests that you will be. Just a difference of opinion between you and I.

Both teams were great D2 teams. Defining NDSU from 1991-2003 is not fair. It's like not calling the Packers a storied franchise since they haven't won the Superbowl since '95. Here's a fact. The entire NCC was PHENOMENAL during that run and Northern Colorado was arguably the most successful winning 2 Championships. That's how good the NCC was. THey haven't won a conference game in 2 years at the D1AA level, further proof that the transition is not that easy.

Here's a Bison slump... THe Bison won the NCC in '91, '92, and '94, made the playoffs in a tough league in 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1997, 2000. NDSU did beat UND in the playoffs during that run too. And every Bison Sioux game was a barnburner. Not great by NDSU standards but great by anyone else.

The NCC never got the respect it deserved. It's too bad that NOW it is recognized as one of the best conferences in football. You guys got it easy now. No NDSU. No Northern Colorado.

And the year that really ticks me off is one of our best teams, 2003 when we beat Montana and lost 3 games (1 against D1 team) by a total of 8 points and watched Concordia St Paul make the playoffs despite losing to NDSU by 50. Do I sound bitter? :)

So why do Great DII schools fall all over themselves & others to become D1 ?

I'm guessing $$$ :glare:

Dwindling scholorships is #2. More exciting competition and gate draw is #3. Getting a chance at the big dance in basketball is easily #1. Basketball has ten times the potential as football, especially with an auto bid conference.

Northern Colorado was the exception, not the rule. Of the four high profile D2 programs to make the jump to I-AA between 2002 and 2004 they're the only one that has really stunk it up. Just because NDSU has been successful in I-AA doesn't guarantee that UND will too, but it makes it appear to be very likely. And if you think otherwise then I think you're the one being ignorant.

It's not a lock that UND will be successful in the transition. I think it's very likely but I would have said the same thing about Northern Colorado. What's going on here?! Civil conversations between Bison and Sioux fans?! :glare:

I should have added to my last post. That I hope it is just not a trying to keep up with Fargo thing.

Bigger is not always better - especially uncontrolled growth - I think we have always been a better community

I'm sure NDSU would love a D1 Hockey program

I should have added to my last post. That I hope it is just not a trying to keep up with Fargo thing.

Bigger is not always better - especially uncontrolled growth - I think we have always been a better community

I'm sure NDSU would love a D1 Hockey program

A lot of us Bison supporters are not at all supportive of DI hockey at NDSU. We need to do Football and Basketball well, not expend resources on Hockey.

A lot of you do feel that way, but there are many others who would welcome with open arms a D1 hockey program in Fargo. Don't you think it's a little disturbing that there are a number of Bison football fans who also support Sioux hockey? NDSU is the most high profile school located in what is considered hockey territory not to have a D1 hockey program. It's a huge void in their athletic department. USC and Texas not having D1 hockey is understandable considering where they are located geographically. NDSU not having D1 hockey is a disgrace considering where they are located geographically.

Dave, do you want NDSU to have a hockey program? If so, why?

While a few Bison fans are hockey advocates, it seems that most of the fan base is not supportive and does not follow hockey. I for one like football and basketball. Hockey is alright to watch, but I won't ever go to much effort to attend a game or watch it on TV, really no appeal there for me. Therefore, I would rather see NDSU spend resources on FB and Basketball.