SiouxSports.com Forum

Green/White Weekend

yeah sioux sioux

This all depends on whether you have lower bowl or upper bowl tickets.

If you have lower bowl tickets, you usually need a student ID card, but since this game is not included in our student season ticket packages, you probably will not for this game.

The students line up on the south end of the REA. Lower bowl is let in 1.5 hours before faceoff and upper bowl is let in 1 hour before faceoff. If you are in lower bowl, after your ticket is scanned you need to get a stamp on your hand and on your ticket. Absence of either of these stamps will prohibit you from entering lower bowl.

Seating is first come, first serve. I suggest getting there early, regardless of the temperature that day. I'm planning on being there around noon with a tent and a spaceheater.

On a brighter note, I think that we can maybe have beer in the student section this game, since this game wasn't included in our season ticket packages. We usually can not bring any in either the lower or upper bowl.

Oh, and prepare to be heckled wearing that Goofer jersey in our student section. It's all in good fun, of course.

Go Sioux!

Dude is lucky that ALL students wont' be at the game, but the harcore ones will. If you get mouthy, there could be big trouble for you.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude is lucky that ALL students wont' be at the game, but the hardcore ones will. If you get mouthy, there could be big trouble for you.

Yep they hard core fans will be there. We will be missing the ones that are talking on their cell phones or texting friends and not paying attention to the game.

I could have sworn that my tickets said "alcohol allowed" but I just checked and they say "no alcohol allowed in the student section". Since these tickets were sold as an additional package with the student ticket, I believe they will be checking student IDs. Also.... if you remember, when you picked up your student season tickets (assuming that's where these tickets came from) you signed a contract... included in which were the rules about standing in line... and it said no tents. I have no idea who, if anyone, will actually try and enforce this... just wanted to throw it out there...

EDIT: There is a link on the Sioux Crew website (if you dig for it) for the "student line-up policies" but the PDF doesn't open...

Man you are so completely breaking my heart here WiSioux. No booze, no tents...what next, no relentless heckling of opposing players in the penalty box? No matter, like you said I don't think anyone will really enforce the whole no tent thing, especially with the weather we've been having.

Yep they hard core fans will be there. We will be missing the ones that are talking on their cell phones or texting friends and not paying attention to the game.

Good riddance to them in my opinion. If the butt filling up the seat isn't being screamed off, I'm sure we can find someone to fill the seat whose will.

I'll still never understand buying a shirt with your rival's logo on it...

To each his own.

Gophers Sweep

They are meant to be commemorative t-shirts. That is why both logos are used. From what I hear, The Ralph would like to produce a similar shirt for every Sioux/Gopher series in Grand Forks from here on out. They wanted the shirts to be something that fans of both teams could wear even after this weekend's series is complete. The shirt was not produced just for the "white out."

They are meant to be commemorative t-shirts. That is why both logos are used. From what I hear, The Ralph would like to produce a similar shirt for every Sioux/Gopher series in Grand Forks from here on out. They wanted the shirts to be something that fans of both teams could wear even after this weekend's series is complete. The shirt was not produced just for the "white out."

The top/front of the t-shirt says "THE BATTLE CONTINUES"

That and UND and Minnesotas logos pretty much sums it up.

I'll still never understand buying a shirt with your rival's logo on it...

To each his own.

Gophers Sweep

who cares, its a t shirt. big deal. to each its own. i have frozen 4 t shirts with many logos on it from the last 4 years and yes that 05 one has the gopher logo. what a sweet game that was :sad: i flew in from phx for this series. ill buy a few probably. its good marketing. go sioux

who cares, its a t shirt. big deal. to each its own. i have frozen 4 t shirts with many logos on it from the last 4 years and yes that 05 one has the gopher logo. what a sweet game that was :sad: i flew in from phx for this series. ill buy a few probably. its good marketing. go sioux

I'm with AZ on this one. If I were to buy the shirt, I would simply X out the gopher logo, or do something more creative to it.

who cares, its a t shirt. big deal. to each its own. i have frozen 4 t shirts with many logos on it from the last 4 years and yes that 05 one has the gopher logo. what a sweet game that was :sad:i flew in from phx for this series. ill buy a few probably. its good marketing. go sioux

WELCOME TO THE COLD AND SNOW AZ!!!!

who cares, its a t shirt. big deal. to each its own. i have frozen 4 t shirts with many logos on it from the last 4 years and yes that 05 one has the gopher logo. what a sweet game that was :) i flew in from phx for this series. ill buy a few probably. its good marketing. go sioux
Welcome back to the tundra we call North Dakota.I'm sure once you get back to AZ. you will wish you were back up here in balmy NoDak. :sad: