SiouxSports.com Forum

Green/White Weekend

yeah sioux sioux

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green doesn't work. All the seats are green. Everyone in the crowd would blend in with the seats, and that's kinda the opposite of what we want right?

you are right but you dont see much of a seat with 12,000 people filling them. i like the black and white. white sticks out way more and looks way better but black would give a cool look surrounding the ice.

you are right but you dont see much of a seat with 12,000 people filling them. i like the black and white. white sticks out way more and looks way better but black would give a cool look surrounding the ice.

The society surrounding this arena is too egotistic and lazy to perform unity like this. Im betting they could hand out shirts and 40% of the people wouldn't put them on. And I totally agree that green and/or white (and black, hence black jerseys and sioux gear) should be seen every night in the arena but thats just us few knowledgeable people that understand this :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...

OK, the ralph wants you to wear white for the white out weekend vs the gophers. just saw a ryan duncan ad on this page upper right to buy the white shirt. they didnt need to put the gopher logo on it. stupid idea of course. guess in these tough economy times you wont see white shirts being given out for something like this. too bad.

click on upper right ad

and on top of buying it they are charging 18.23 for the shirt. come on. when will they get it. make a cheap white shirt with the sioux logo on it, you dont need the gopher logo by any means and charge 5.00 to 10.00 and have thousands of them for the series. fans better just get the whites out of your closet and try to make it happen i guess.

1041070201.jpg

http://www.siouxshop.com/ots-und-v-mn-l-s-...1-pr-19060.html

but...............at least there is an effort this year with this ad duncan did and the shirts. thats a good sign!

Time to get the black out of the closet again! ??? At least this year I sit across from the student section so I'll be able to see an attempted whiteout. Sorry students, your stuck looking across at every color out there other than white...... :D

wear white then :) would help the cause a little ???

ill be there i white for sure

OK, the ralph wants you to wear white for the white out weekend vs the gophers. just saw a ryan duncan ad on this page upper right to buy the white shirt. they didnt need to put the gopher logo on it. stupid idea of course. guess in these tough economy times you wont see white shirts being given out for something like this. too bad.

click on upper right ad

and on top of buying it they are charging 18.23 for the shirt. come on. when will they get it. make a cheap white shirt with the sioux logo on it, you dont need the gopher logo by any means and charge 5.00 to 10.00 and have thousands of them for the series. fans better just get the whites out of your closet and try to make it happen i guess.

1041070201.jpg

http://www.siouxshop.com/ots-und-v-mn-l-s-...1-pr-19060.html

but...............at least there is an effort this year with this ad duncan did and the shirts. thats a good sign!

http://www.siouxshop.com/ots-und-v-mn-s-s-...1-pr-19059.html

$12.23

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Duncan, Sioux hope for white out

UND and captain Ryan Duncan are asking for a white out for the series against Minnesota on Jan. 9-10.

"We have seen arenas where all of the fans wear the same color and it looks really impressive," Duncan said. "I've been to Calgary Flames games in which they created a 'C of Red.' Every person joined in and wore red. We would like to have the same feel here with everyone wearing white.

"Every time we face the Gophers, the arena turns into a playoff-type atmosphere. It's a huge advantage to be at our home rink the only time we face them during the season. This will only help unite the fans and make it tougher for the opponent."

Sioux shop is making white t-shirts specifically for the Sioux-Gophers series.

Ralph Engelstad Arena promoted a white out last year for the Sioux-Gophers series and it didn't come close to working. Should be interesting to see if it picks up this season.

One is a long sleeve (L/S), the other is a short sleeve (S/S)

ah ha, thanks ???

COME ON SIOUX FANS - WEAR WHITE

lets do our best to make this happen overall without shirts being handed out. spread the word over the next month and lets make it a true gand forks white out

listen to MR. HOBEY BAKER and wear white :D

I think even an advertisment on the radio for the next month would help also

for sure. do this and its free ???

call into every talk radio show sports or nonsports and when they put you on air then just read quickly that there is a whiteout jan 9-10 for the games :D flood the radio waves ???

tell them MR HOBEY BAKER said to wear white :)

86603.jpg

and ill make it a true whiteout and use actual whiteout to remove the umTC logo ;)

Bad weekend to do it though, too many Gophers will be in the house.

not more than there usaully is which isnt earth shattering at all. dont worry, we will throw real gophers on the ice and also you and your fellow gopher fans as well ???

Reeks of desperation and fear. ??? Just kidding. I was looking forward to it last year and it didn't work. Maybe this year, It would be cool to see it live. A weekend with the students back would make more sense. Good luck!

I actually dont think it would. I think that the general public is much more apt to do this than the students are. That being said, having Duncan announce that they want this to happen will likely make it better than it was last year.

FYI, the T-shirts are being sold at the UND Memorial Union (1st floor) for $12. Save a little money on tax! ???

Available sizes: S-XXL. The shirts are made of a thicker cotton and shouldn't shrink. The back is plain, no sponsors.

Its to bad they didn't start selling them a little earlier, that would have maybe encouraged a few more students to come back early for the game. Not a bad price though, for a quality shirt.

FYI, the T-shirts are being sold at the UND Memorial Union (1st floor) for $12. Save a little money on tax! :lol:

Available sizes: S-XXL. The shirts are made of a thicker cotton and shouldn't shrink. The back is plain, no sponsors.

Got mine! Only complaint--and I DO have one--the front should be plain with all the jazz on the back side.

Is there no possibility that Gophers fans will buy them, too, or refuse to do so, just being their usually snarky selves? Oh well, their loss. Literally, twice, I hope.

Got mine! Only complaint--and I DO have one--the front should be plain with all the jazz on the back side.

Is there no possibility that Gophers fans will buy them, too, or refuse to do so, just being their usually snarky selves? Oh well, their loss. Literally, twice, I hope.

I think that is why the design is the way that it is... so that it isn't really a t-shirt for only one team. That ways fans of either team can participate. It's always a great series, why not get a cheap shirt to remember it by? I'm glad that the athletic department is attempting to do something. As much as we tried last year it was just too hard with little to no support.