SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at SUU Game Thread

TheLillah

"A complete meltdown" - The Spectrum

:D

:huh:

GO SIOUX

I LOVE reading the opponent newspaper's coverage after an embarrasing loss like this. Great game for the Sioux, but there are tougher ones ahead...starting on Saturday against Central Washington. GET YOUR BUTTS IN THE STANDS PEOPLE! Buy your tickets on tuesday and they are only 10 bucks a piece!

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE reading the opponent newspaper's coverage after an embarrasing loss like this. Great game for the Sioux, but there are tougher ones ahead...starting on Saturday against Central Washington. GET YOUR BUTTS IN THE STANDS PEOPLE! Buy your tickets on tuesday and they are only 10 bucks a piece!

It was an excellant article as well no excuses, interviews from both sides

"At one point I looked at (defensive coordinator Cole) Wilson and said 'what do you do?'" said SUU coach Wes Meier. "In the secondary we moved some guys around. We really have depth issues there. Offensively we just disappeared."
I hope most opposing coaches will feel that way through the year. :D

Not true. Conference games are always close. The Bison have played SUU 3 times so they know each other. It's a reality of football. This is the first time the Sioux have played SUU.

Huh? I guess this would make sense to someone with a degree in animal husbandry or livestock hygiene.

Despite my disgust for all things Bison, I will of course be cheering them on against the lowly Goofer. It is, after all, a North Dakotan institution. Embarrassing as that may be, we must stick up for our own brethren.

taz

Huh? I guess this would make sense to someone with a degree in animal husbandry or livestock hygiene.

Despite my disgust for all things Bison, I will of course be cheering them on against the lowly Goofer. It is, after all, a North Dakotan institution. Embarrassing as that may be, we must stick up for our own brethren.

taz

If Weber gets time (which I think he will), Minnesota will win that game handily, based on my brief observation of the NDSU secondary on the FSN.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here... the Sioux are are a great team and would probably be a ranked D1AA team just like NDSU is but let's take a reality check here.

1) The Sioux beat the worst team in the Great West Conference. NDSU is 3-0 vs them and they blew them out 31-7 on the road last year. How bad is SUU?? SUU hasn't won a conference game against anyone in the current Great West since 2004 and the last time they played Stephen F Austin they lost 40-17 in 2005. SUU would be an average D2 team at best.

2) The Bison were playing their first game of the season and didn't have a cup cake warm up game against a weak team like Concordia St Paul like they usually do. They beat SFA by 9 points despite turning the ball over 5 times to SFA's 0. They had numerous drops (2 led to picks) and ridiculous penalties and still managed to win. Can't remember ever seeing a team win despite a 5-0 turnover disparity. The Bison put up nearly 600 yards of offense, ran for nearly 8 yards per carry, and didn't punt until late in the game. They completely dominated and would have won any other week by 40. Oh...and they were missing 2 key starters due to disciplinary crap. So are the Bison good? Hell yeah. Are the Sioux good? Hell yeah.

The most improvement from any team is from week 1 to week 2.

It is clear to me that UND is better than NDSU. UND would be higher ranked than NDSU if already in FCS. Bison fans are delusional if they think they could even line up against these guys and have a chance!

Go Sioux!

Salt Lake Tribune: DII team buries T-Birds

CEDAR CITY - Once or twice, Southern Utah looked good enough to be the better team.

There was a good run by Johnny Sanchez. Wes Marshall showcased his reputation as a fearless quarterback as he lowered his shoulders for extra yards. But the problem was North Dakota had plenty of those kinds of big plays to go around for itself.

The Fighting Sioux, a Division II team ranked No. 3, kept the big plays coming and coming - from true freshmen to third-string players - on Saturday at Eccles Coliseum en route a 37-10 win.

"We came out overlooking them," Sanchez said.

"We were looking into next week against Southern Illinois, I guess," Sanchez said. "In a way, we were unprepared. Little mistakes . . . and they hurt us bad."

In the game's first drive, North Dakota scored two minutes in with Danny Freund finding Weston Dressler for a 33-yard touchdown pass.

From then on, it was all North Dakota, which moves up to FCS next season and joins SUU in the Great West Football Conference.

It was only a week ago that SUU went to Montana and gave the Grizzlies a scare with a closer-than-it-sounds 37-17 loss.

"I don't have an answer right now," coach Wes Meier said about the game.

How can you underestimate a team that beat UNI last year? Plus ASU beating Michigan a week earlier. You would think every coach in the country would get their team to understand that no play-down game is a given.:D

This could be true to some extent because looking past an opponent happens all the time. I think this game was more likely a case of UND just being a much better team than SUU. It was pretty clear that UND was far and away the better team in this game.