SiouxSports.com Forum

Another Matt Greene Story

The Walrus

So everybody (Dave K ) understands who Matt Greene is.....

About 3-4 years ago, I am at a UND womens hockey game (attendance 134) Sitting across from me in the Handicapp level (southwest corner) is Myron Wagner a Old Fargo South Hockey and Football Coach (use to Coach against Serge Gambucci) - Myron Wagner and his wife are enjoying the game. Myron has had a several strokes and is confined to a wheelchair now with limited strength and mobility, his wife cares for him.

I'm watching the game and look over as Myron's wife gets up and leaves to run and get something at the concessions, Myron starts to slip from his chair, he looks totally helpless and he is in trouble. I am all the way across the REA behind the benches and feeling helpless myself, I get up and move to go help.

In the matter of seconds I see this "Big Lug" of a guy running and jumping over seats and railings 2-3 sections away, but on that side of the arena, moving as fast as he can to go and help Myron. He gets there and picks Myron up in both arms and holds him like a baby in his arms and sets him back into his chair, then he sits with Myron and waits with him until his wife returns.

This "Big Lug" was Matt Greene who was at the womens hockey game supporting the sioux and his then girlfriend at the time who played. When I visited with both Myron and Matt later, that was the 1st time they had ever met, but not the last as Myron and his wife are big Sioux Fans and follow as many sports that time does allow them.

Matt Greene is a very nice, caring and mature young man. He has earned my respect by the way he played and carried himself as a student athlete at UND. I now enjoy following his career in the NHL.

Anyway that is my favorite Matt Greene story. Like I said in the other Great Matt Greene story..."Nice job Matt Greene"

I have a Matt Greene at a Women's hockey game story too.

I'm sitting right next to the penalty box at a UND-Mankato women's game. The Mav players who are scratched are sitting about 10 rows above the penalty box. Along comes Matt Greene and sits down next to these Mav players. As we watch this it becomes obvious that he's attempting to charm them in that way only Matt Greene can. Sadly for Matt Greene, he fails miserably and the Mav players show no interest. Soon after this becomes apparent Matt Greene gets up and leaves.

I have a Matt Greene at a Women's hockey game story too.

I'm sitting right next to the penalty box at a UND-Mankato women's game. The Mav players who are scratched are sitting about 10 rows above the penalty box. Along comes Matt Greene and sits down next to these Mav players. As we watch this it becomes obvious that he's attempting to charm them in that way only Matt Greene can. Sadly for Matt Greene, he fails miserably and the Mav players show no interest. Soon after this becomes apparent Matt Greene gets up and leaves.

This may possibly be the dumbest thing I have ever read. I am now sorry that I wasted the few seconds of my life it took to read this.

I had my dog retrieve a duck for either Matt Greene or was it commie ? (He had on full camo & a hat ) :angry: & it was along time ago - It was south of Petersburg ND & it was too deep for him to wade in & get it - I was proud as a peacock to help him out (He had a nice Fancy 4WD pickup & a Gorgeous girl with him)

Sure it made sense. It's not my fault you can't follow a simple story. Why would Matt Greene want to beat the crap out of me? I don't think that would help his NHL career out much.

You're reallly giving yourself too much credit here, it made absolutely no sense at all. You're right about one thing, if Matt Greene were to slap you, there would be alot of crap flyng around. In fact, after he was done there would be nothing but splattered crap and that stupid cape thing you wear leftover.

I was a big fan of Matt Greene during the years he played for the Sioux. I loved the fact that he played a very physical style of hockey yet at the same time never dropped the gloves in a college game. That was extremely honorable in my opinion.

Get a grip. Matt did drop the gloves in St.Clown when he was a freshmen. Palmascino got caught with his head down at center ice and a clown player lit him up. green came across the ice and went after the guy, dropped his gloves, took off his helmet and repeated "i'm going to f-ing kill you" over and over. nobody would go with him.

also, he didn't have the opportunity to go in his career becuase he was constantly in the box. :angry:

Two years ago, my 9-year-old daughter and I were at an Iowa Stars game in Des Moines. We were dressed out in our Sioux gear. The game was late in the 3rd period and the Stars were up by a comfortable margin and Matt skated over to the boards before a face off and gave my daughter a big smile, a wave and a head nod.

Shortly after that, he was called up to Edmonton. My daughter then wrote him a letter describing the above incident and Matt wrote back with a signed poster of him in his Edmonton gear.

So, just to clarify... he was never officially in a fight during his college career, right?

So just to clarify... Does this mean you dislike Rylan Kaip? So just to clarify... if there is a team that never got in a fight last year, that would be your new favorite team?

Kaip never fought. He just found himself doing spur of the moment amateur plastic surgery for a lucky UAA player. :angry:

I've heard it said: Some people are born in to fights. Some people have fights thrust upon them. Kaip fits this saying. (Maybe this should be in the Fighting Sioux facts thread?)

Kaip never fought. He just found himself doing spur of the moment amateur plastic surgery for a lucky UAA player. ;)

I've heard it said: Some people are born in to fights. Some people have fights thrust upon them. Kaip fits this saying. (Maybe this should be in the Fighting Sioux facts thread?)

I loved his 'Can I go, Coach, can I go???' Hak yelling 'NO', the team yelling 'YES' and the opposing player bear hugging him the whole time!!! :angry:;)