SiouxSports.com Forum

Humboldt State

Big10Sioux

Believe it or not it's game week. Get ready for Humboldt State. They look like a team that has used a lot of transfers to fill up holes left from a decent 9-1 team of last year. Typically that doesn't bode real well for a team, especially early season. However, you never what will happen that first game for both teams until they step on the field.

Dale Lennon said that they have a Nebraska transfer at QB that was #1 on their depth chart at one point, as well as a running back that played for Arizona State as a true freshman. Hopefully they won't have the chemistry and UND can take advantage of the atmosphere in the Alerus.

Dale Lennon said that they have a Nebraska transfer at QB that was #1 on their depth chart at one point, as well as a running back that played for Arizona State as a true freshman. Hopefully they won't have the chemistry and UND can take advantage of the atmosphere in the Alerus.

Dale had a lot of nice info this morning on KFAN. Sounds like their receiving corps is awesome too, with an O-line that actually has a bit of chemistry as most are returning from last year. (9-1 season/ kept out of the playoffs by a weak schedule) Sounds like a VERY talented team to test us right out of the gate... should be a good game!

Go Sioux!

Times-Standard - 14AUG2007

Making that quest even more difficult is the loss of 23 seniors who played prominent roles in last year's success.

I'm going to conservatively say:

North Dakota 31

Humboldt St. 17

I really haven't researched Humboldt at all, I'm just going by our common opponents from last year. Humboldt lost to CWU 20-0, and beat WWU 28-23. IIRC we beat CWU by 14 last year, and WWU by 6. They'll come ready, as this is likely their biggest game in several years, and a victory over the Sioux in GF would put their name on the map.

Question: Is Humboldt St. in the Northwest region? I was wondering because UND generally places alot of emphasis on scheduling an in-region opponent, that is why those wins against Winona the last few years were so beneficial, even if the game was very lopsided.

I'm going to conservatively say:

North Dakota 31

Humboldt St. 17

I really haven't researched Humboldt at all, I'm just going by our common opponents from last year. Humboldt lost to CWU 20-0, and beat WWU 28-23. IIRC we beat CWU by 14 last year, and WWU by 6. They'll come ready, as this is likely their biggest game in several years, and a victory over the Sioux in GF would put their name on the map.

Question: Is Humboldt St. in the Northwest region? I was wondering because UND generally places alot of emphasis on scheduling an in-region opponent, that is why those wins against Winona the last few years were so beneficial, even if the game was very lopsided.

In response to your question, I did some research and it appears that Humboldt St. is in the Southwest Region according to this link. D-2 Football Handbook

It's on page 16, appendix C.

In response to your question, I did some research and it appears that Humboldt St. is in the Southwest Region according to this link. D-2 Football Handbook

It's on page 16, appendix C.

Thanks for the info! That places alot of importance on winning the NCC this year, with no in-region OOC opponent on the schedule. With that crappy-ass earned access rule that allows an NSIC team a spot every year, it means we better take care of business against the top NCC teams like UNO and USD, and not lay any eggs against teams like SCSU and Auggie (like we almost did last year) or Humboldt. USD has the luxury of having Winona on their schedule. Playing and defeating either the top one or two NSIC teams has nearly as much or more benefit for an NCC team as does any other conference victory when playoff selection comes around. Man, I can't wait for DI. The regionallity of DII sucks.

I would like to echo the sentiment that someone had stated earlier. It's the home opener, on a Thursday, during the evening, with a very exciting season on the horizon, in UND's last year in D2. I hope that everybody that can attend the game will go and support this great team and program led by Dale Lennon. Get your friends off their butts and into the game as well. Tailgating should be a blast (minus the parking and tailgating charges). As you can tell, I am very excited and will be there. FILL THE ALERUS ON THURSDAY AND EVERY OTHER HOME GAME THIS YEAR!!

GO SIOUX!!!

Without looking through threads...

What is the deal with parking at the Alerus this year for football? I thought I read there is a $5 charge to park, but is that for everyone, even those with parking permits, or just for general parking.

I appologize if this has been covered somewhere already.