SiouxSports.com Forum

Need Tickets

FishEagle

I'm also looking for two this weekend. I've contacted Al Pearson, but he hasn't gotten back to me. Does anybody know whether he's been successful in locating some tickets (have any of you gotten any from him)? If you have tickets you'd like to sell, please contact me at wkmcd@attbi.com

Thanks

I have followed the Sioux for years and years. My kids, 12, 14, and 17, became converts during the Subway Classic, and as we went on the road to St. Cloud, Mankato, Madison, and last weekend, to the Final Five. Had a blast cheering for the Sioux, and against everything maroon and gold.

We ordered NCAA Regional Tickets weeks ago, as I knew then what I know now, the Sioux will destroy the Gophers title hopes in Mariucci. Saturday night.

In any event, knowing that tickets would be short for Sioux fans, I jumped in and have tracked a small handful of single seat and standing room only tickets. I have some for Friday. Saturday remains questionable as I have sisters and brother-in-laws who may be looking to muscle in, as they say, IF the Sioux win Friday.

Here is news for everyone. There is NO WAY that the Sioux go down to Ferris State. My kids and I are primed to destroy the Gopher fan base on Saturday. Respectfully. Forcefully. For years in Mariucci, when the Sioux score, I get up and do my version of the rouser . . . . "N-O-R-T-H-D-A-K-O-T-A . . . . North Dakota. North Dakota. Aaaaay Sioux!!" Gopher fans hate it.

So, here is the drill. I will have Friday tickets available, at face plus service charge ($38) if anyone is willing to do the single seat drill. Saturday remains in the air right now, but I will much rather sell them to Sioux fans at face, than to Gopher neophytes at any price.

Goldy's head on a stick. Saturday night. 3/29. Approximately 10 pm. Be there.

DamStrait:

Al could not put together a bus for Mariucci because all the Triangle Fleet was otherwise engaged. According to his wife, who I spoke with two hours ago, he has also had no luck with tickets, not even for himself, which is a dirty shame considering all he has done for Sioux hockey over the last 20 plus years. Since I can't get down there, I will be staying at home cheering by the TV or radio as loudly as if I were in Mariucci.

Let's go Sioux. Time for some Shock and Awe, Sioux Hockey-style!

YaneA,

Thanks for the info. That's a real shame about Al, hope he's able to find something for himself. Gotta say I'm not very impressed about how the vermin are running this regional. Doesn't sound like fans from the other participating schools are going to be given much of a chance to attend in person. This should prevent them from hosting future regionals, but I'm sure it won't. As Sicatoka (I think) says, "it's all about the Benjamins".

The Gophers will host again in 2005. In 2006, however, it will be UND's turn.

I would have thought that the NCAA would require that a set number of tickets (a couple hundred, maybe) be set aside for each team playing in the regionals. Could be that did happen but neither you or I are on the receiving end of the set aside. Good luck finding a ticket. Another Sioux fan I know found tickets through gophersports.com. Did you try there?

gophersports.com will come up with no tickets available. However, call the Gopher ticket office at 612.624.8080. They may still have some standing room tickets, at a railing at an assigned location. Not bad.

Be prepared to be on hold for awhile, as they also have the NCAA BB Regional racket going.

Also be prepared to listen to piped in Gopher fight songs, sung by a suspect mens' chorus, until you are ready to puke.

Just checked the e-bay listings and they are a joke. Don't even follow e-Bay's published policy on ticket scalping which is illegal in Minnesota, whether done on the street corner or electronically.

Typical Gopher fans. Would rather make some money than to share their good fortune of extra tickets with other Gopher fans at, or near, face.

The only legal scalping that will be done this weekend will be the mighty Sioux taking the hides of Bulldogs and Gophers. Both largely worthless pelts, but necessary trophies, of sorts, on the way to No. 8.

The FishEagle has two, maybe three. Courtesy of NorthDakotaHockey. It has been my mission since the Gopher fans strutted out of Excel Saturday night crowing like the neophytes that they are to corner their market, as much as possible, and share the wealth with other Sioux fans.

I told the Gopher fans then and there that the Sioux would be coming West, and that it would be Lucia's Last Stand. Careful what you wish for Gopher fans.

My kids and I will be rabid. Anyone have any dead gophers, or live chickens, to toss on the Mariucci ice?

Call me FishEagle. Who's your buddy?