SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Fantasy league...

richthorpe

With all the Fantasy Football talk, got me thinking...

Is the WCHA Fantasy Hockey thing gonna happen this year???

AZSioux is the contact right???

Sign me up buddy...I'll talk Brian Lee AKA "The poodle"

No seriously, is it still goin on this season???

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure is my friend, still working on details and rules, gona tweak it a bit, will start taking sign ups in september as i will create the scheduling 1st week in september. not sure if there will be a fee this season, if there is i will post that on my site when i get everything together. we went from 14 players the 1st season to 48 last year so a big jump for me as i do it all free hand...i love doing it though, hold off to all on sending me emails to me til september then we will get rolling, thanks

sure is my friend, still working on details and rules, gona tweak it a bit, will start taking sign ups in september as i will create the scheduling 1st week in september. not sure if there will be a fee this season, if there is i will post that on my site when i get everything together. we went from 14 players the 1st season to 48 last year so a big jump for me as i do it all free hand...i love doing it though, hold off to all on sending me emails to me til september then we will get rolling, thanks

I am looking forward to it again...

we did one last year over on rube chat. all comers are welcome www.collegepuck.com i belive is the url. We've got SCSU Fans, Duluth fans, MSU fans, and of course my and your favorite teams as well. I may be interested in joining one over here if one gets going as well.

quit stealing my players you dirty rodent or ill have diggler slash your tires:D :D

and i believe you had that url wrong, this is it gopherfaninsiouxland CLICK HERE :D

i have better prizes anyways :sad:

You know, there are such things as spreadsheets. You aren't living in Bedrock, you don't have to do everything by hand.

You know, there are such things as spreadsheets. You aren't living in Bedrock, you don't have to do everything by hand.

oh i know, thats how it will be done this year if then after that it will be fully interactive :sad:

i think this season im gona go with a scoring system that adds up your total for the whole entire season and no head to head competition, still working on ideas though so thats not cemented yet....if i do it this way then there may just 1 division and then take top 16 to make playoffs, i have done head to head the first 2 years, it worked fine but then had more than enough problems with people submitting rosters, forgetting or whatever and then when teams had byes, some teams benefited by their oppenent not even emailing me rosters therefore screwing others in the league. so this way just rewards you straight up for picking good players and team defenses every week.

quit stealing my players you dirty rodent or ill have diggler slash your tires:D :D

and i believe you had that url wrong, this is it gopherfaninsiouxland CLICK HERE :D

i have better prizes anyways :sad:

Very nice. You attending this weekend? I'll be there, if there is a way to pick you out of a crowd i'd love to have a cold one with ya. As far as the fantasy hockey goes, not trying to steal anyone, I just figured you guys could multitask as I can. I would love to get in on your fantasy league as well.

Very nice. You attending this weekend? I'll be there, if there is a way to pick you out of a crowd i'd love to have a cold one with ya. As far as the fantasy hockey goes, not trying to steal anyone, I just figured you guys could multitask as I can. I would love to get in on your fantasy league as well.

AZ Sioux runs a great fantasy league. It's a lot of fun. The only suggestion I'd have is the way the goalie scoring goes. If memory serves me correctly, a gaolie giving up 1 goal only earned 1 point more than a goalie giving up 4 goals.

He puts a lot of work into it and it is a lot of fun. It really keeps you in tune to who's doing what in the WCHA.

ohi know, just messin wit ya...time to go to bed..

AZ Sioux runs a great fantasy league. It's a lot of fun. The only suggestion I'd have is the way the goalie scoring goes. If memory serves me correctly, a gaolie giving up 1 goal only earned 1 point more than a goalie giving up 4 goals.

He puts a lot of work into it and it is a lot of fun. It really keeps you in tune to who's doing what in the WCHA.

0 goals = 5 points

1-2 goals = 3 points

3-4 goals = 2 points

5 goals = 1 point

6 + goals = 0 points

Maybe it should be

0 Goals = 5 points

1 Goal = 4 points

2-3 Goals = 3 points

4-5 Goals = 1 points (or 2 points...either way works)

6+ Goals = 0 points

This helps separate 0 and 1 goals from the pack a little. 2-3 goals are kind of in the same boat from where I sit. 1 goal is definitely better, and I agree that there should be more than 1 point separating 1 and 4.

It's just a thought. I am also looking to join this year, when it gets going. This will be fun, having never played before! :sad:

Maybe it should be

0 Goals = 5 points

1 Goal = 4 points

2-3 Goals = 3 points

4 Goals = 2 points

5 Goals = 1 point

6+ Goals = 0 points

This helps separate 0 and 1 goals from the pack a little. 2-3 goals are kind of in the same boat from where I sit. 1 goal is definitely better, and I agree that there should be more than 1 point separating 1 and 4.

It's just a thought. I am also looking to join this year, when it gets going. This will be fun, having never played before! :sad:

im gona tweak it anyways but i will reward a shutout by 2 points or more rather than 1 point for sure as i see a shutout on a new level especially in wcha college hockey when you dont see many. i may really bump it up for a shutout, not just by 1 point....thanks for the input

i think this season im gona go with a scoring system that adds up your total for the whole entire season and no head to head competition, still working on ideas though so thats not cemented yet....if i do it this way then there may just 1 division and then take top 16 to make playoffs, i have done head to head the first 2 years, it worked fine but then had more than enough problems with people submitting rosters, forgetting or whatever and then when teams had byes, some teams benefited by their oppenent not even emailing me rosters therefore screwing others in the league. so this way just rewards you straight up for picking good players and team defenses every week.

I thought the head to head was great. i would spend alot of time adding everythimg up trying to figure it all out. if you want my opinion don't change it. this was the best fantasy league i have ever played in.

I thought the head to head was great. i would spend alot of time adding everythimg up trying to figure it all out. if you want my opinion don't change it. this was the best fantasy league i have ever played in.

thanks for the input, im leaning towards total points for regular season 14 weeks then head to head 4 week playoffs with top 16 teams making it in from however many teams we get, also gona do 3 players each week instead of 5 and keep the 2 defenses as well. i reworked some stuff on the website and have updated things as well. nothing is finalized as of yet, like i said earlier for players who want to play this year and all returnig players to please wait til september and then i will start taking teams for the league and all details will be podted on the website!! thanks again to all who will play again and to those newcomers as well as i welcome any fan of any wcha team as well.i will work on prizes as well in the next few month, as always they will be great!!

• 1 month later...

we are pretty much full for the league but will take players up until sunday night as that gives me a couple weeks to mess with some stuff and update everything!! i am looking for representitives from the following teams if you are reading this and are a fan and want to play. we have fans from sioux, gophers, scsu, wisc so far........

looking for fans of these teams that may be interested

UMD

UAA

CC

DU

M-TECH

MSU

thanks to the many that have signed up

we are pretty much full for the league but will take players up until sunday night as that gives me a couple weeks to mess with some stuff and update everything!! i am looking for representitives from the following teams if you are reading this and are a fan and want to play. we have fans from sioux, gophers, scsu, wisc so far........

looking for fans of these teams that may be interested

UMD

UAA

CC

DU

M-TECH

MSU

thanks to the many that have signed up

NOTE

i have had many ask when we start and what weekends we play. Please go to my website as there are 3 different pages dedicated to the league.

schedule page which shows what exact weeks we play in and what exact wcha hockey teams have byes so you dont play players that arent playing that weekend

roster and standings page which show whos all in the league, their team name and rosters. also there is a link for up to date standings that will be updated every sunday

rules page which explains everything in detail about the league

NOTE

i have had many ask when we start and what weekends we play. Please go to my website as there are 3 different pages dedicated to the league.

schedule page which shows what exact weeks we play in and what exact wcha hockey teams have byes so you dont play players that arent playing that weekend

roster and standings page which show whos all in the league, their team name and rosters. also there is a link for up to date standings that will be updated every sunday

rules page which explains everything in detail about the league

So....when do we start? :):)

are you signed up??

the schedule is on my website, we start october 18,19,20 , just filling in the last few spots that are open in the league, more info in this threadnbelow

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9026

Hey AZ,

I sent an email 4-5 weeks ago to you but I'm not sure if I'm signed up. I looked at your web page and I didn't see me there. Is it too late or can I still get in?