SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Fantasy league...

richthorpe

I am playing next year :lol:

sounds good. i had around 14 gopher fans play this season but about 10 of them didnt submit any rosters after week 2 and gave up. guess they needed their team to be good to keep interested. its a lot of fun and i think for many its a way to learn about the wcha as a whole with players/stats and so forth. this is the 3rd year and the best so far. the first season i had 14 players and this season i think 82. am working on making it pretty big overall and will tweak things every year to make it better and will have a cash entry maybe next season to make it even better and make people care more about keeping up with their rosters week by week. money can do that :lol:. my next goal is to make my site interactive so everyone can have a log in and submit their own lineup. that will save me tons of time and make it even more fun for all players. i also have prizes for any wcha fan so anyone can ebter. i had 2 scsu, 14 gophers, 2 uw and the rest sioux fans this season who played. fun times.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am playing next year :lol:

It made this year easier to take as a Gopher fan. My fantasy team scored more than 2 goals every week!!!

AZ does a great job and an interactive site would be great too. Then you wouldn't have to ask me what team my line-up was for :lol: I would have no problem shelling out $20-50 to play. My wife may even play next year.

It made this year easier to take as a Gopher fan. My fantasy team scored more than 2 goals every week!!!

AZ does a great job and an interactive site would be great too. Then you wouldn't have to ask me what team my line-up was for :lol: I would have no problem shelling out $20-50 to play. My wife may even play next year.

very cool. yeah i was going to do a fee this year but i wanted to build it one more season and then go from there. the interactive part is the key. i will have to find out how to get that don ein the off season. i know it will cost some money but will be worth it once done. the league fee part will keep EVERYONEa interested without a doubt so i will be doing that. just havent decided the amount. maybe a poll will work to determine the amount which everyone would be willing to pay then find the average

AZSIOUX, I can help out with any website or graphic stuff also....

cool, my main thing is to get it interactive to be able to pick your own players and defenses from a drop down list them submit them with a user name and log in i think would be the best way to go. thanks for the offer, when time comes i will shot you a email.

DOWN TO THE FINAL 4 - we had 2 tiebreaker scenerios this weekend. 1 ending in a coin flip and 1 ending in the 2nd tiebreaker option for whos defense gave up the least amount of goals.

fantasy stud of the week - nodl, scsu with 7 points

fantasy dud of the week - roe, scsu with 0 points

fantasy stud defense of the week - scsu with 8 total points

fantasy dud defense of the week - du with 1 fantasy point

WEEK 3 FINAL 4 REMINDERS

MSU is the only team with a bye

FINAL 4 MATCH-UPS

THE SCALPERS

vs

FIRE ANTS

STAFFORD SNIPES #18

vs

KNOCKED UP SIOUX FAN

have rosters in from the top bracket. once all 4 are submitted they will be displayed, good luck!!

FANTASY UPDATE - there are NO byes for the final week of fantasy - best of luck

fire ants beats the scalpers 34 to 30

stafford snipes #18 beats knocked up sioux fan 31-26

TITLE GAME

stafford snipes #18

vs

fire ants

3RD PLACE GAME

knocked up sioux fan

vs

the scalpers

FANTASY UPDATE - there are NO byes for the final week of fantasy - best of luck

fire ants beats the scalpers 34 to 30

stafford snipes #18 beats knocked up sioux fan 31-26

TITLE GAME

stafford snipes #18

vs

fire ants

3RD PLACE GAME

knocked up sioux fan

vs

the scalpers

have the scalpers roster and fire ants roster for the final weekend so far

good luck to all 4!!

CONGRATS TO

STAFFORD SNIPES #18 on taking home the 2007-08 wcha fantasy title upending fire ants 33 to 25

PRIZE = 1ST PLACE = WHITE 1987 XL SIOUX RETRO JERSEY

PRIZE = 2ND PLACE = 5 TITLE DVD SET

THE SCALPERS wins 3rd place beating KNOCKED UP SIOUX FAN 29-25

thanks again to all fans to played tis season. i hope to continue it for many years to come.

PM me your addresses to send prizes. thanks

Well the Cinderella run from 58th place after week 1 to a 2nd place finish was a lot of fun. It's really tough to cheer for one guy on your favorite team and against another (especially when they're on the same line). Truth be told, I could never cheer against Oshie :angry:. I'm happy the Sioux are on this run, and really happy to see it continue no matter who's contributing. Thanks to AZ for hosting. I'll probably play again next year.

Long live the Fire Ants...and long live the Fighting Sioux!!