A 12-Team WCHA

Shawn-O

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. ;)

BSU offers alot more than MTU.

You need to go to a game in Houghton sometime if you truly believe what you wrote above. Michigan Tech's program has been on the road back to respectability the past few years and things are looking up. The Huskies were a national contender throughout the 1970's before seeping thru the cracks in the 1980s. To even suggest that Bemidji State offers a lot more than MTU is rather silly. Of course, that's just my opinion...

You need to go to a game in Houghton sometime if you truly believe what you wrote above. Michigan Tech's program has been on the road back to respectability the past few years and things are looking up. The Huskies were a national contender throughout the 1970's before seeping thru the cracks in the 1980s. To even suggest that Bemidji State offers a lot more than MTU is rather silly. Of course, that's just my opinion...

tech has a great history for sure. dont move tech. move UAA and bring BSU in, hell they have more wcha wins the last 3 years than msu and uaa probably ;)

This is really a bad deal. As much as I would hate to see a 12 team WCHA, it may have to be done. I would rather have a 12 team conference then lose more schools.

I wounder what will come of the WCHA and the dicussion of people not wanting the WCHA to expand now. Look for the NCAA to persuade the other leagues to take the teams or risk going back to 12 teams for the NCAA playoffs. I think you will see the league decide to take the excess teams.

Setting aside practical considerations, ideally it would best to kick teams OUT of leagues to keep six conference alive. Nobody benefits from having two bloated conferences in the west. I'd love to see the WCHA go back to 8 teams so everyone can play everyone both home and away. The problem, obviously, is that nobody is going to voluntarily leave the WCHA and CCHA for the CHA. And the WCHA and CCHA are not going to kick anyone out. That's just reality. I'd absolutely hate to see a 12-team WCHA and further diluting of rivalry games, but it appears there is no other choice anymore. ;)

Setting aside practical considerations, ideally it would best to kick teams OUT of leagues to keep six conference alive. Nobody benefits from having two bloated conferences in the west. I'd love to see the WCHA go back to 8 teams so everyone can play everyone both home and away. The problem, obviously, is that nobody is going to voluntarily leave the WCHA and CCHA for the CHA. And the WCHA and CCHA are not going to kick anyone out. That's just reality. I'd absolutely hate to see a 12-team WCHA and further diluting of rivalry games, but it appears there is no other choice anymore. ;)

kick out Anchorage and Fairbanks...;)

Adding teams to the league would not increase the number of league games. All it would do is decrease the number of games against traditional rivals.

I agree mk, I wish we still had home and away with all of our WCHA rivals every year, and I know how important it is to schedule the Eastern schools for non conference.

In order to help stabilize the CHA, I'm willing to donate MSU from the WCHA. That way we can finally dispense with Donnie Lucifier's crapsack schedule rotation and the moronic "traditional rival" designations.

Sioux7 suggested that on my blog and almost got lynched.

speaking of a current wcha team

hope this is true, probably one of the worst logos that were around

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2007/09...awk-love-at-du/

who does that, well lets see..............we are the pioneers so lets have a fugly hawk logo that nobody can identify. strange story

Hawk is nowhere to be found on their website...as the link says CLICK HERE for DU LINK

• 3 months later...

my dummy solution would be boot alaska and admit bemidji but i know its not that easy :blush: with a unbalanced schedule already can you have 11 tams and just roll with it? i guess i dont know any conference rules. just wondering and thinking of ideas. my feeling is that bsu ends up in the wcha. dont know much but i did see the designs of the arena and its pretty cool for bemidji state with some cool suites boxes above the main bowl. not tons of seats but enough to hold when the sioux, gophers and others come to town. i want them in being a home towner. i guess time will tell.