SiouxSports.com Forum

Jim Kleinsasser

JESUS,family,rutgers

A big Fighting Sioux fan who has been in contact with me since I joined the site and became a North Dakota fan asked me to start a post about Jim Kleinsasser and watch the stores pour in. I probably have no idea what I am getting into :blush:

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Here is a start JFR.. :blush:More Dakotans than Minnesotans on team

Perhaps the Vikings should consider a name change because they have as many players on their training camp roster from South Dakota and North Dakota - two each - as they do from Minnesota.

"Those South Dakota guys are pretty tight," quarterback Brooks Bollinger said. "Not as tight as us North Dakota guys."

So what gives?

It's not like NFL players grow on trees in the 46th and 47th most populous states. Do Bollinger (Grand Forks, N.D.), tight end Jim Kleinsasser (Carrington, N.D.) and linebackers Ben Leber (Vermillion) and Chad Greenway (Mount Vernon) share traits the Vikings covet?

anyone got vid of Jimmy outrunning the Bison secondary in the dome? That was CLASSIC! (DRAT! I hate life before YOUTUBE! :blush: )

I can't be positive, but I think that all televised games (it was ABC affiliate at the time right...) have a "tape basement" that will dub you a tape for a set price. If so, the whole game (which I was at!!!) is on tape in a basement somewhere in Fargo and/or Grand Forks. Ask?

If I remember correctly, NDSU had just scored twice to cut down a big UND lead. Boy, were the NDSU fans in attendance at the satellite party in Seattle getting obnoxious!

Then, Klien-rocket catches a pass over the middle, and outruns NDSU's secondary, weighing in at a mere 280 lbs. Unforgettable.

That was a great satellite party. The fans on both sides were roudy. We even had to travel together to an alternate bar, because the first place we went could not pick up the feed. The good guys won, and all was right with the world, after a long drought against the Bison (again, if I remember right).

Went to Vikes training camp on Friday night. They scrimmaged the Chefs (purposely written that way). They threw to Jimmy quite a bit during full team. The odd thing was how often he lined up at split end. No way will that be happening during the season.

Just uploaded it to YouTube, I'll post the link when it's done processing.

Here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHaKOjX_Hs

THANKS Ant! I remember sitting in the endzone he ran into among a TON of Bison fans who were spewing garbage up until that point...I was on my feet as Jimmie ran in and, oddly enough, :blush: those Bison fans didn't have nearly as much to say after seeing that! :D:) For JF&R - this was one one of the PRICELESS moments of the UND/ndsu rivalry!

Went to Vikes training camp on Friday night. They scrimmaged the Chefs (purposely written that way). They threw to Jimmy quite a bit during full team. The odd thing was how often he lined up at split end. No way will that be happening during the season.

was Childress wearing that goofy safari hat? because that's REALLY not a look that's working for him! Not a head coach look at all...I remember the good old days...

TomLandryFinal.jpg

(BTW - He looks like an old Hakstol IF hockey coaches wore hats like that :blush: )

THANKS Ant! I remember sitting in the endzone he ran into among a TON of Bison fans who were spewing garbage up until that point...I was on my feet as Jimmie ran in and, oddly enough, :blush: those Bison fans didn't have nearly as much to say after seeing that! :D:) For JF&R - this was one one of the PRICELESS moments of the UND/ndsu rivalry!

He's at the FOURTY, the THIRTY...he's going all the way to the N-F-L!!!

Watched it at the satellite party at Bloomington Senser's....that play shut up the Bison pie-holes, that's for sure. Phillip Moore was HUGE that night, too. That was in '98, so the drought was long over.

He's at the FOURTY, the THIRTY...he's going all the way to the N-F-L!!!

Watched it at the satellite party at Bloomington Senser's....that play shut up the Bison pie-holes, that's for sure. Phillip Moore was HUGE that night, too. That was in '98, so the drought was long over.

Did they have a big snowbank there for you to roll around in when you were drunk, and challenge all of those bison fans to a fight? :D

was Childress wearing that goofy safari hat? because that's REALLY not a look that's working for him! Not a head coach look at all...I remember the good old days...

Childress has to wear a big hat to protect himself from the sun. He has been to the Mayo Clinic to have some melanomas removed. He is very susceptible to skin cancer and so has to cover up.

Childress has to wear a big hat to protect himself from the sun. He has been to the Mayo Clinic to have some melanomas removed. He is very susceptible to skin cancer and so has to cover up.

Oh wow...now I feel bad...maybe he should consider an INDOOR* CAREER? :blush: (non football related)

* - I have connections at Valley Dairy if he's interested....

That must have been a lot of fun having a big rivalry with an instate school. Here in New Jersey, Princeton beat up on us most years for almost 100 years and when we won for a decade, they refused to play us any longer.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Hmmm... that sounds a little bit like the Sioux/Bison rivalry except they only beat up on us for 12 years (not 100). But after we beat them 10 out of the next 13 they decided it was time to leave the conference and now they claim they're too good to play us (although I could give a rat's a$$ if we ever play them again or not). :whistling:

I can still remember at Memorial stadium when Mike Mooney stripped the ball and took it to the house....Man, that was fun.

• 1 year later...

Patrick Reusse: Kleinsasser was once more than a blocker

"We were down in our end and flexed out Jimmy as a wide receiver,'' Hedberg said. "Then, we ran a little screen look and sent Jimmy on a slant. The quarterback [sean Greenwaldt] hit him in stride.''

Jimmy was Kleinsasser, the senior tight end from Carrington, N.D. And the play covered 77 yards for a touchdown that sent the Sioux to a 39-25 victory.

"He was maybe 260 [pounds] then, and he took that slant and just ran away from people,'' Hedberg said. "Everyone knows him as big and strong, but he was fast.