SiouxSports.com Forum

When should Zach go?

~SiouxHockeyLover~

I don't think Zach should leave for the NHL untill he is done with college. He's only gunna be 21 when he graduates and I think 21 years old is plenty early to be goin to the NHL. Plus what is he gunna do when he's done with hockey? I know that he's gunna have enough money to support his family when he's done with his hockey career but he might want to go into something else that requires a college degree. But, if he gets a once in a lifetime chance and a really good deal to play hockey for a team that he has always wanted to play for, then I think he should go for it! He brings a lot to our hockey program at UND and we could use him for another 3 years. But it's his desision, no one else's and he needs to make the choice on his own.

Zach should leave after he finds out the situation with the NHL Collective bargining agreement cause if he leaves and they go on strike then he is screwed out of playing hockey which is bad for his development.

Blais has mentioned this before and basically said that could keep Zach at UND one more year. That situation is supposed to happen the year that Zach will be a junior...

Much like Thomas Vanek Parise may be forced for all intents and purposes to stay until his Jr. year. If neither leave after this season, it would make no sense for them to leave after next since no team will sign them until after the lockout/new CBA meaning they will miss out on big money chances are.

I aint complaining, the more years of Vanek and Parise the better the games :lol:

I wish Zach could stay forever! :lol: I think it would be great if he stayed all four years, and from an interview he did back in February, it sounds like he is planning on staying for the 2004/2005 season. The interview was about the World Junior Tournament. Zach made a comment somewhere along the lines of: I'm sure our fans will go, we'll probably be out of town, because we obviously can't play here." I don't remember his exact wording, but it went something like that. Let's cross our fingers and hope he stays for at least two more years!

If Zach does go he will probably go his junior year. He confuses me sometimes because first he said he was gunna leave as soon as he could, then he said he wasn't gunna leave 'till we won an NCAA championship, and who knows what he's gunna do now! I want him to stay all 4 yeasr sooo bad but he needs to do whats' best for him.

:lol: Your disgust with Siouxrock is so darn funny!!!

It really is combination of things. I guess half of it is the fact that he often says the most obvious and stupid things I have ever seen, and the other half is that he can't even spell his stupidity properly. :D

IMO Zach's second half production drought shows that while he is truly gifted and hard working, he still has a long way to go before he's ready for anything close to an NHL team. Hopefully, he and his family see that he still has a lot of developing to do before he's ready for the big show.