SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Ferris State

Superman0099

Here's a Sioux fan's post from uscho, for those of you with access to midco:

I called Midcontinent Cable this morning and they said they would not carry the UND/Ferris St. hockey game this Friday unless they received enough phone calls requesting it. Please call (701) 746-1345 and tell them you want to see the game! Toll free is 1-800-456-0564.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THe directtv sports pak would give you access to more regional games, both live and tape delayed, but the Ferris/SIoux game is not scheduled to be shown anywhere (except on Ferris cable TV).

Here's what is on the undalumni site; no TV for Friday.

http://www.undalumni.org/view.htm

Apparently if enough people request it, Midco (siouxsports net) may show the game (in areas in ND, SD, and NWMN that have midco cable tv).

Here's a Sioux fan's post from uscho, for those of you with access to midco:

I called Midcontinent Cable this morning and they said they would not carry the UND/Ferris St. hockey game this Friday unless they received enough phone calls requesting it. Please call (701) 746-1345 and tell them you want to see the game! Toll free is 1-800-456-0564.

I took your advice and just called Midco. The operator I spoke with said she was just handed information stating that the game will now be televised in GF on channel 23 at 4:00 p.m. Friday. I am assuming it will go out over the Midco network. That is great news for Sioux fans, but it doesn't do much for those of us in Fargo who do not get Midco.

I called Midcontinent at your suggestion and was told, as of now, no plans to carry the game(s). I got the feeling, nice as customer service rep Angel was to talk to, that she was nowhere near a decisionmaker on the issue. Shouldn't UND take the lead on the armtwisting here? The Fighting Sioux Sports Network will really be dropping the puck--the "dropped ball" metaphor doesn't exactly adapt to hockey--if they don't provide coverage of the Sioux in the regional.

Thanks schmidtdoggydog for the update. If true, I am in heaven, even though I'd still rather be there in person.

I agree YaneA, I find it hard to believe UND officials would leave it up to the fans to call Midco and beg and plead to get the game on the air. If UND can negotiate the Fighting Sioux Sports Network contract with half the regular season games televised, you would think they would be able to twist a few arms over at Midco to get the tournament game aired.

I have a feeling that this will get worked out and people in the FSSN area will get the game and those of us outside the FSSN region will have to watch via satellite. But I still think it's too bad that FSN didn't step up to air the game. The NCAA should market this tournament as a package, not as individual games.

Does anyone know if the satelitte feed will be coming from the same coordinates as the Fighting Sioux network, if it is a satellite feed? I called Midcontinent, but I can't seem to get past the call center in Aberdeen. They said they would call back with that information after talking with the GF office, but I'm skeptical whether the call-back will ever come.

Those of us in the Twin Cities need those coordinates to give to Senser's.

So Rube are you taking the lead on this one for the coordinates?

Yes. I also left a message at Ferris Cable 7, with the same question. I'll try again later this afternoon. BTW, it looks like they bit-stream FC7 at www.ferris.edu, but that would be a last resort. I doubt the site will handle the traffic we'd be talking about.

I called Midco just to check for sure at 1:00PM Wednesday afternoon. I spoke to Ann the operator who satted that they will not be braodcasting the game. Fox Sports Net will be doing the Minnesota game Friday night but is not doing the Friday afternoon game. She stated that she had a memo given to them last night stating they wouldn't broadcast the game.

So it looks like we have different answers from Midco about the game being broadcast.

Does anyone know?

I just called (1:15pm) and was told that they will NOT be carrying the games this weekend.

So where does THAT leave us. Like YaneA, I am hoping whoever I talked to is the new person sitting in the closet that they forgot to give the info to.

I asked if there is any chance that would change and she said no.

Keep calling, people.

Jeez, private enterprise turning into the kind of bureaucracy government is known for! How can we get a straight answer on this? Who can lead us out of this confusion with some facts?

And, if the decision is to not televise the game, who do we turn to to get that decision re-thunk?

Just got off the phone ( Weds 1:35pm) with MidCo Cable. She read off the latest release she had that the only televised game on Friday is the Goofer/Mercylhurst game Friday night on Fox Sports North. She gave me the Fox Sports North ph #: 1-310-369-9111. Lets get an armored division of Sioux fans calling in and demanding they put the game on the air!

DG

but it doesn't do much for those of us in Fargo who do not get Midco.

Doesn't help me either since we don't get Midco in Crosby. Depend on the Fox Sports stations, and would shell out the $12 willingly if any of the Sports Pak stations would pick it up. Doesn't sound good. Unbelievable.

There are comments leading one to believe that some schools are paying NCAA/FOX??? to televise their games. Not sure what the problem is with the limited coverage this year by FOXN, but I wish it would get taken care of; even if the Sioux win Friday, appears that the championship will be only on cable channels in Minnesota, not on FOXN again.

Guess I'll get interested again if the Sioux make it to the FF :lol:

There is nothing scheduled on FOXN that would eliminate college hockey (ie Wild or Timberwolves). The schedule currently shows Paid Programming on all Sports Pak stations that are not showing regional NCAA hockey games. I'll be sure and hurry to the tv to see some infomercials.

Just got off the phone ( Weds 1:35pm) with MidCo Cable. She read off the latest release she had that the only televised game on Friday is the Goofer/Mercylhurst game Friday night on Fox Sports North. She gave me the Fox Sports North ph #: 1-310-369-9111. Lets get an armored division of Sioux fans calling in and demanding they put the game on the air!

DG

Well, you get to talk to an answering machine. Left a message nonetheless. Let's pack the tape with requests for Sioux/Ferris.

Liars Liars Liars

:lol::D:p:););):p;):p;):sad::0:0

The same Midco person (ANN) who told me that they would broadcast the game just swicthed her story. Why did they spend all this money to create a Fighting Sioux Sports Network when they refuse to broadcast the biggest game of the year. I'm pissed!!!

Great news everybody!!!!!!

Just got off the phone with the folks over at midco and they said that they WILL be showing the game on the Midco channel at 4pm.... NO INTERNET FEED!!! YAY

Seriously, I won't trust it until it becomes official. Seems to be alot of story changing over at Midco.

I made my opinion heard on the tape. I can't stand the thought of sitting at home listening to my computer. This only spurs my dislike for the Gophers but if it was them and they were playing at 2:30 in the morning in India that damned Fox would find a way to get the game on but anyone else....