SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews with Canada

siouxhockey5

At the end of the discussion MacKenzie blew all of the other analysts away by declaring that within several years Toews will be the most "complete player" in the NHL. Another analyst asked him better than Crosby, his answer was yes with the emphasis being on the "complete" as in his opinion he has never seen such a young player who is so good at all aspects of the game.

MacKenzie has really been one of the people that is the most vocal when it comes to being a Toews cheerleader.

They are sure putting a lot of pressure on this kid.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was alot of discussion regarding Toews and his future on TSN yesterday. Some of the analysts wondered if Dale Tallon is offering Toews all of the contract incentives he clearly deserves.

At the end of the discussion MacKenzie blew all of the other analysts away by declaring that within several years Toews will be the most "complete player" in the NHL. Another analyst asked him better than Crosby, his answer was yes with the emphasis being on the "complete" as in his opinion he has never seen such a young player who is so good at all aspects of the game.

goaltending??

MacKenzie has really been one of the people that is the most vocal when it comes to being a Toews cheerleader.

They are sure putting a lot of pressure on this kid.

dont think there is pressure at all, look what he did at the world juniors for his country, that was pressure and he waxed frazee like nothing. he seems like a type of kid who doesnt let pressure bother him. canada cant wait for the next olympics for him to be setting up sid the kid, nash and others..........

I originally posted this under "former players," this might be a better spot for the info (talking about WC of course):

Games are televised PPV, not sure where, just google the appropriate term. I was also able to catch the can-chzech game via streaming video today (free). You'll need to download "sopcast" and also the VLC media player (again just google). Here's a link (to a thread) with a tiny bit of help (normally the streaming video will play right off of the sopcast player, but the guy streaming the WC games has it set up to use VLC with the sopcast streamer_probably better quality, and it was very good-as good as any webcast i've seen): http://myp2p.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12490&p=1 I'll also copy/paste the imp stuff below. NHL3Guy is the person streaming the games, so he'll have all the tech posts.

open the stream in VLC as written here:

1 Click the NHL link on the schedule page to start Sopcast (Substitue channel of choice)

2 If Sopcast opens but does not launch the channel, click the link again

3 Wait for the channel buffer to reach at least 50%

4 Launch VLC then click File, Open Network Stream...

5 Click the HTTP radio button and in the URL box enter 127.0.0.1:8902

4 Click OK

5 Leave Sopcast running and watch the stream in VLC (latest version)

You will find VLC Player and other help here at their site.... a link to http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It really was pretty easy, just follow the directions. It took a little while for me to figure everything out, but I did manage to catch the last 1/2 of the 3rd period. Wtih about 3 minutes to go, near the end of Toews shift, the CR took a penalty. So Canada called a TO so that Toews could take a breather before the PP was to start. Obviously they just love him on the PP.

Any questions about the sopcast, I'll be back to the computer later on tonight, and will try to answer any questions if needed.

I believe tomorrow's game is Can vs USA

I believe tomorrow's game is Can vs USA

it is tomorrow, but does anyone know what time it is on in the central time zone. I looked on the website some one posted before and I don't understand if it is their time zone or ours or what time the game is happening. please, and thank you.

it is tomorrow, but does anyone know what time it is on in the central time zone. I looked on the website some one posted before and I don't understand if it is their time zone or ours or what time the game is happening. please, and thank you.

The game will be on at 11 AM, Grand Forks time :silly: The link at the top of page five of this thread is how I have been monitoring the games... it works pretty well other than there is no clock so unless there is a penalty or goal you aren't really sure how much time is left

The game will be on at 11 AM, Grand Forks time :silly: The link at the top of page five of this thread is how I have been monitoring the games... it works pretty well other than there is no clock so unless there is a penalty or goal you aren't really sure how much time is left

thanks, i hope to catch part of it after I get off work.

thanks, i hope to catch part of it after I get off work.

It will be an 11:15 start for those of you in Grand Forks, 12:15 in the East, so I am going to sneak away from work with some buddies this afternoon to watch it at the local sports bar. It is a good opportunity for Team USA as Team Canada could be exhausted from their tough OT win over the Czech's yesterday.

I just get a feeling that Pittsburgh is going to regret taking Jordan Staal over Toews for a very long time. Imagine having Toews and Crosby together for 20 years. Time will tell, but wow Toews has a bright future. I think if the draft was today Toews would go #1.

Yeah right.....can you imagine what Crosby would have done in the college ranks.....please

Yeah right.....can you imagine what Crosby would have done in the college ranks.....please

If you had seen the TSN segment, Bob MacKenzie wasn't trying to claim that Toews would ever challenge Crosby for the overall scoring title. Even the great Gretzky was not the most complete player of his era, as he didn't typically kill penalties, block shots etc. The complete players of that era were the Trottiers, Messiers and Yzermans. The discussion even noted that Toews already handles pressure and interviews better than most. Additionally, if you had watched the Ottawa series carefully you would have seen several Crosby defensive errors that lead to Ottawa goals, so hardly a complete player.

In my own opinion Toews is a more intelligent player than Crosby and I have never seen anyone else in college hockey who was better at getting in really tight to the net and scoring roof-daddy goals. :silly:

I just get a feeling that Pittsburgh is going to regret taking Jordan Staal over Toews for a very long time. Imagine having Toews and Crosby together for 20 years. Time will tell, but wow Toews has a bright future. I think if the draft was today Toews would go #1.

staal had a hell of a rookie year. i think either or was the correct pick for them. thy both have great games. i guess only time will tell on who will have a better career, i know one thing, canada has a boatload of great talent for the future to get them back to the gold medal ranks in the olympics with all these young stars

In my own opinion Toews is a more intelligent player than Crosby and I have never seen anyone else in college hockey who was better at getting in really tight to the net and scoring roof-daddy goals. :silly:

I've seen a couple on his current team! Don't get me wrong, I too agree he may be a more intelligent player than Sid, but to claim he's a better all-round player than Crosby at this time may be a bit out there.... :ohmy:

Our best "all around" product IMHO in recent years from UND was Zach Parise.

Canada up 3-0

Goal by Lombardi (great name!) with the assist going to Nash

Quite the first period for Canada... it seems that in the majority of the previous games they did not score first... but today they are