SiouxSports.com Forum

Next year's roster

Chuck Schwartz

Probably going to get flamed for this but.... What's keeping Davidson from being another Todd Alexander? He may very well not crack the lineup at all this season and, seeing that how many quality recruits we have coming in, take up that hockey schollie at U. of Windsor.

thats possible too. the same things were said of bishop when he came in...how he was such a quality guy in every department. which he was, but he was not happy sitting. davidson said he knows he will have to earn time, but it may come pretty late with the classes that are coming in now.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably going to get flamed for this but.... What's keeping Davidson from being another Todd Alexander? He may very well not crack the lineup at all this season and, seeing that how many quality recruits we have coming in, take up that hockey schollie at U. of Windsor.

No flame, but as an optimist, what is keeping Davidson from being another Matt Henderson or the one they tried to compare him with Dustin Penner. You never know. As a recruited walk-on, we aren't losing anything by giving him a shot. His coach obviously thinks he has made tremendous strides, and our coaches seem to feel the same.

No flame, but as an optimist, what is keeping Davidson from being another Matt Henderson or the one they tried to compare him with Dustin Penner. You never know. As a recruited walk-on, we aren't losing anything by giving him a shot. His coach obviously thinks he has made tremendous strides, and our coaches seem to feel the same.

It's always nice to have someone that can kick the $hit out of one of Jutting's cheap no talent hacks at the end of a game, while resting (protecting) your top lines. My guess is that if he has the patience, he could be a key contributer in 2009 when the Sioux will need experienced forwards.

With regard to Davidson, Prpich was a late recruit as well during the summer of '02. That turned out okay. Not saying that the same will be true for Davidson, but I'll error on the optimistic side.

exactly, he is a low risk walk on player that every team needs but if they do suprise some people you have a good thing with another solid player to rootate in.

According to Brad's Blog here is the projected roster in numerical order.

1. Phil Lamoureux

2. Joe Finley

3. Derrick LaPoint

4. Taylor Chorney

5. Chay Genoway

6. Zach Jones

7. TJ Oshie

8. Ryan Martens

10. Andrew Kozek

11. Darcy Zajac

14. Brad Miller

15. Brent Davidson

16. Ryan Duncan

17. Rylan Kaip

18. Michael Forney

19. Evan Trupp

20. Matt Watkins

21. Matt Frattin

22. Brad Malone

25. Jake Marto

26. Kyle Radke

28. Robbie Bina

29. Chris Vandevelde

30. Aaron Walski

31. Anthony Grieco

I bolded the freshman. This is tentative of course, but when has Brad been wrong?

According to Brad's Blog here is the projected roster in numerical order.

1. Phil Lamoureux

2. Joe Finley

3. Derrick LaPoint

4. Taylor Chorney

5. Chay Genoway

6. Zach Jones

7. TJ Oshie

8. Ryan Martens

10. Andrew Kozek

11. Darcy Zajac

14. Brad Miller

15. Brent Davidson

16. Ryan Duncan

17. Rylan Kaip

18. Michael Forney

19. Evan Trupp

20. Matt Watkins

21. Matt Frattin

22. Brad Malone

25. Jake Marto

26. Kyle Radke

28. Robbie Bina

29. Chris Vandevelde

30. Aaron Walski

31. Anthony Grieco

I bolded the freshman. This is tentative of course, but when has Brad been wrong?

yeah i posted this 1 page back last night, looks like a solid group!! 1 d amn and 3 forwards istting each game if everyone is healthy. solid

Are they saving # 9 for David Toews next year, or would he choose a different # than his brother like Zach Jones did? I know he is #10 at Shattuck.

I was a little surprised that Trupp didn't take #9 because I believe that was his number last year. I would assume they wouldn't save a number for someone coming in next year though.

True enough, but.... Todd Alexander wasn't a poor player and I don't expect Davidson to be that bad either. I just think he's going to go through the year, learn a lot, work hard and at the end of the year (meaning season) decide what is best for him. If he turns into a Prpich or Henderson, GREAT! But I am saying that if things don't exactly pan out, I dont think he'll be another Martens, Foyt, or Marvin and simply stick around for the odd chance to chip in. He will be 21 in december.

True enough, but.... Todd Alexander wasn't a poor player and I don't expect Davidson to be that bad either. I just think he's going to go through the year, learn a lot, work hard and at the end of the year (meaning season) decide what is best for him. If he turns into a Prpich or Henderson, GREAT! But I am saying that if things don't exactly pan out, I dont think he'll be another Martens, Foyt, or Marvin and simply stick around for the odd chance to chip in. He will be 21 in december.

True, he will do what's best for him, but it can't hurt having Genoway as one of his good friends. While I know Oshie doesn't have to worry about playing time, I think that many players can just enjoy college and being on a very good team. Whether he is one of those people or not, only time will tell, but if he does decide to leave, I doubt that he would be a player that we would be relying on heavily anyway, so we just bring in another person willing to work their butt off to try and don the Sioux jersey. Just like with the U of M, I like the fact that players dream about putting on our uniform and will give it their best shot, even if in the end it doesn't work out.

True, he will do what's best for him, but it can't hurt having Genoway as one of his good friends. While I know Oshie doesn't have to worry about playing time, I think that many players can just enjoy college and being on a very good team. Whether he is one of those people or not, only time will tell, but if he does decide to leave, I doubt that he would be a player that we would be relying on heavily anyway, so we just bring in another person willing to work their butt off to try and don the Sioux jersey. Just like with the U of M, I like the fact that players dream about putting on our uniform and will give it their best shot, even if in the end it doesn't work out.

im guessing he is coming to UND as a walk on pretty damn happy considering the sioux are basically the only team to look at him other than maine a little. not a bad deal!

im guessing he is coming to UND as a walk on pretty damn happy considering the sioux are basically the only team to look at him other than maine a little. not a bad deal!

I thought he was being brought in on scholarship. Now I heard it phrased exactly like that. I doubt it is a full year scholarship, but still a scholarship no less.

I thought he was being brought in on scholarship. Now I heard it phrased exactly like that. I doubt it is a full year scholarship, but still a scholarship no less.

Schlossman's blog originally said something about a scholarship but I think the notes at the end of his story in the Herald today (about ties) corrects that.

dont you think its rediculous that you guys are talking about him leaving before he even gets here?

dont you think its rediculous that you guys are talking about him leaving before he even gets here?

exactly, and where the hell would he go, he got 1 offer in the states, its a no risk situation for UND, could be a diamond i the rough and he could be a spot fill in player, im sure he is estatic about coming to UND, hmmmm a university in canada or UND to play hockey, good choice my man ;)